What a difference commentators make

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
last night, I watched the game live thru the local LA channel, it was great. I needed to go to bed so I recorded the game on NFLN. My god. I understand you want a woman, but her voice fucking ruins the game for me, maybe they could get someone who doesn't sound like they are mimicking a bull dyke in a comedy skit.

Also the guy was rooting for the raiders. I'm sure it was just their coverage, but it erked me.

Good fucking showing on offense. I hope our D is just being vanilla.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I understand you want a woman, but her voice freaking ruins the game for me, maybe they could get someone who doesn't sound like they are mimicking a bull dyke in a comedy skit.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/criticizing-the-broadcasters-week-1-2016/

SEC fans dislike Beth Mowins

ESPN play-by-play voice Beth Mowins drew what ended up being a good game — last Saturday’s 21-20 victory by Arkansas over Louisiana Tech.

However, she also drew an ugly response from SEC fans on social media.

Though many never really did a good job of articulating exactly why they disliked the job Mowins was doing, that didn’t stop SEC fans from blasting her on Twitter:

View: https://twitter.com/SEMitch2015/status/773348903550877697?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.saturdaydownsouth.com%2Fsec-football%2Fcriticizing-the-broadcasters-week-1-2016%2F

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Have to agree. Watched the game on NFL Game Pass and had to mute the commentary. Could just picture a wrinkled face in the booth in a bathrobe with a scotch and a cigarette.

fearsomefour

Legend
last night, I watched the game live thru the local LA channel, it was great. I needed to go to bed so I recorded the game on NFLN. My god. I understand you want a woman, but her voice freaking ruins the game for me, maybe they could get someone who doesn't sound like they are mimicking a bull dyke in a comedy skit.

Also the guy was rooting for the raiders. I'm sure it was just their coverage, but it erked me.

Good freaking showing on offense. I hope our D is just being vanilla.
I don't know what makes you think she was mimicking....

fearsomefour

Legend
Used to get the local feed for Raider preseason games.
The booth coverage was always what it is for every teams crews in preseason....covering one team on the field.
That's fine.
What I won't miss is the yearly JT The Brick (schlocky radio guy) doing his sideline tribute to the greatness of Al Davis, complete with pictures and video.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After enduring Bernie Kosar, they all begin to sound the same....

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I have nothing against Beth Mowins and actually think she does a credible job announcing football games as she is the only one and it can't be easy in the field she is in. Now thanks to @RamBall getting the LA feed with Andrew Siciliano, Marshall Faulk and Daniel Jeremiah was much better because they are announcing for your team and that is always a major plus.

NFLN always provides the home team feeds as last week we listened to the triumvirate of Siciliano, Faulk & Jeremiah playing the Cowboys. Chargers vs Rams next week on CBS so most likely we hear the debut of Tony Romo and Jim Nance, but again it makes sense that you enjoy your team feeds as that is what it's set up to do. I am sure if Raider fans listened to the Ram feed they would comment of the bias from Faulk & Jeremiah as well.

FWIW's back in the day, that is the way it was for baseball for example I only was able to see the Dodgers here in New York on a national broadcast or against the Mets with their announcers who were Lindsey Nelson, Ralph Kiner & Bob Murphy. All great play by play guys, but always slanted towards the Mets, the first time I got to listen to Vince Scully call a Dodger game, it brought a tear to my eye.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
My god. I understand you want a woman, but her voice freaking ruins the game for me, maybe they could get someone who doesn't sound like they are mimicking a bull dyke in a comedy skit.
I will listen to the next Raider telecast to see what you guys are talking about. LOL X said the same thing....ahahahahahah

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I will listen to the next Raider telecast to see what you guys are talking about. LOL X said the same thing....ahahahahahah

X has a telecast? What is a telecast? Lol

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I thought Beth sounded like she was related to Marv Albert and Millens comments clearly showed why he was a horrible GM.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
last night, I watched the game live thru the local LA channel, it was great. I needed to go to bed so I recorded the game on NFLN. My god. I understand you want a woman, but her voice freaking ruins the game for me, maybe they could get someone who doesn't sound like they are mimicking a bull dyke in a comedy skit.

Good freaking showing on offense. I hope our D is just being vanilla.
Our defense was missing a lot of starters, going against an almost full strength Raiders offense (that was good last year)

As for the coverage, yeah..I watched the local feed via sportsarefree.xyz/kcbs (best I have ever seen), which was so enjoyable. The NFLN coverage that I had DVR'd was like listening to scratches on a chalk board.....

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I had Andrew Siciliano and Faulk CBS southern California.

Siciliano and Faulk are decent. Not bad for a preseason pairing. One thing I appreciate from them is that they tend to analyze and comment on both teams a bit more than some other teams' "Raiders..cough cough" preseason commentators. Probably due to their typical NFLN roles.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
X has a telecast? What is a telecast? Lol

Telecast is an old people word for something playing on TV.

It's right up there with icebox, jump drive, horseless carriage, picture show etc.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
I have nothing against Beth Mowins and actually think she does a credible job announcing football games....

I have nothing against her either and agree she did a decent job announcing the game from the little I heard of her. Just a little surprised she was able to land a speaking job with her voice being what it is. Then again, the Browns had Bernie as someone mentioned and he didn't just sound like he'd been drinking scotch ...

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

It's not my fault old people invented all the ridiculous names for everything. Must be the senility you all caught young.

However, I do thank you for inventing all the things. Oh how life would suck that much more without them.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Telecast is an old people word for something playing on TV.
images

you messing with me!?