What 49ers fans are saying...after they lost

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

watching that catch live there was no way he had control while the ball was in the endzone. they marked it almost a yard out which was the correct call because that's where the ball was when his knee came down.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Behold as 49ers fans duke it out with the gang over at PFT. LOL
Click the link below to read the article:
--------------------------------------------
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-kaepernick-fumble-seals-49ers-fate/#comments

Rams win as late Kaepernick fumble seals 49ers’ fate
-----------------------
That was the worst performance I’ve ever seen in the Harbaugh era

Two weeks off and you come out and play like absolute crap

No excuses
--------
The Rams beat both the Seahawks and 49ers this season? Not too shabby.
--------
How do you not win when you have the ball at the 1 foot line with 10 seconds and a time out. Look for Jim to head out of town following the disappointing season.
---------
Crappernick letting the 9ers season slip from his fingertips. Harbaugh to Michigan?
---------
Kaep seriously makes me embarrassed to be a Niners fan. What a joke.

-------
Total joke. Kaepernick had broken the plane before the ball came loose. Add the close-up shot to the shots from various angles and it’s impossible to conclude otherwise. But that kind of common sense isn’t enough to overturn a poor, reactionary call from officials who had no idea what was happening in the pile. So a game’s outcome is based completely on not having a camera in the right place.

Football is cool. The NFL’s rules make football a joke.
----------
Kaepernick is crap
And the Harbaugh tears will flow
8 and 8 at best.
--------
Awesome finish.

This is why I love football.
-------
Hahahahahahahahaha—— 13 -10 rams win.. Nuff said!!!!
-------
Hilarious. Niner fans complain about last call but forget that Rams had a TD taken away on a horrible early whistle in the first half.
-------
49ers are done for the season… So sad to have this much talent on one team and still be this bad at something you’ve done your whole life and getting paid millions to do it, yet you just say oh well win or lose I’m paid.
----------
Whos’s got it better than us!!!! The Rams today, broncos stomped you 2 weeks back. You got the cards and hawks coming up… start praying 49ers
----------
*SLAM* That was their Superbowl window closing.
---------
LOL so much for the guaranteed 2nd half comeback, SF fans! That Rams win over the Seahawks isn’t so funny now, huh? I think Arians and co. take care of business next week, but this is a tough front we got to face. They’re going to try to grind it out, it’s going to be fun to see how the running game fares against the Big Red Curtain. Bye, bye, Harbaugh! You arrogant, classless, fair-weather Forty Whiner fans go back to hiding like you were before Harbaugh came.

That bandwagon has collapsed for good; couldn’t happen to a more deserving, classless fanbase. At least Seattle has better fans, even though they had some bandwagoners. Oh well, I’ll prepared to see some AZ bandwagon fans the next couple weeks. Nice win, Rams! Funny how they blew both games against Dallas & Philly; they could be 4-4. See you next week in Glendale! We’ll be prepared to see your A-game.
----------
49er fans crying about that last call. What about the fumble that was un challengeable? The refs gave you guys so many calls and you still couldn’t beat the Rams.
--------
49ers haven’t played one single game at the new stadium that could even remotely be viewed as good football. Today took that cake. That O-line was wretched at every turn. Beat at every turn. Their incompetence was incredible.
---------
Terrible refereeing decisions on five separate occasions (2 against the rams, 3 against the 49ers).

Awful job by both offenses.

Only the defensive players came out of that game with any credibility.

The only saving grace was that the game didn’t go into overtime so someone could lose on a triple fumble recovery or a safety or just another idiotic referees whistle/blind-as-a-bat replay review.
--------
Kaepernick is destroying the franchise. Once harbaugh leaves when the season is over they are done. Their bandwagon fans will become cardinals fans
--------
Not sure how Niner fans are going to whine about officiating. Rams got a punt return for a td nullified, a Kaepernick fumble was blown dead and you were handed 3 PI/defensive holding penalties to help march you down the field to put you in position inside the 5 yard line. All you had to do was run it in and you fumbled it. You guys earned that loss for sure.
---------
Imagine what Jeff Fisher would do with a decent starting QB.

– Titans Fan
---------
Lmao when will 9er fans learn to bite their fat unemployed tongues?
--------
As a 49ers fan it’s shameful to read when other 49er fans moan and groan about the refs.

That product that was out on that field today…particularly that O-line was repugnant, absolutely abhorrent and wretched. EVERY play they were beaten. It doesn’t endear the refs when a unit is playing so poorly.

They deserved in every way to lose that game. But it’s abundantly clear that (a) this team won’t make the playoffs (b) Marcus Lattimore will be released this week ending an unfortunate football return (c) the return of Bowman and Smith will be in vein and (d) this will sufficiently put to rest any lingering notion that Harb’s and Roman will be staying.
---------
But, but, but…….. Kaepernick is the future of the NFL!!!!!

Haha. I said it before and I’ll say it again. Kaepeenick is over rated. Not to mention he is a horrible qb.
---------
LOL, suck it Niners fans!!!!!!!
---------
I’ll tell you who would have lead their team to a game winning drive in that situation, Stafford, Carr, Ryan, Bortals, Hoyer, Colt McCoy, Orton, GenoSmith/MikeVike/MattSims, Teddy Smallhands, Austin Davis and possibly Jay Cutler but not so sure there. All those dudes> kaep
---------
That tattoo freak gangster is finally showing us how bad he really is…lol At least Harbaugh did not cry like a baby after the game like he usually does.
---------
Not sure what’s worse:

A. Losing to the Rams at home on a pseudo-fumble/winning touchdown run.

B. Giving up 24 points to the Raiders and only beating them by six.

You have to hand it to Cheattle Cheathawks and Chete Carroll fans, because their cognitive dissonance is second to none.
----------
I’m disappointed we lost on the same kind of play that cost us a Super Bowl. But not surprised, Roman has again called the same kind of needlessly risky play which kills the team.

It was a hard fought battle by both defenses, the only thing worse than losing was knowing it was going to a team that wouldn’t benefit from a victory. Again the Rams will finish in last place and the Niners will have to settle for the wild-card because of our OC’s incompetence.
---------
Speaking as a Niner fan, yes I still find the Seahawks loss to the Rams funny. It’s kind of funnny we lost today with that pathetic performance by our offensive line. There were bad calls on both sides of the ball so can’t complain about that. Even if Kaep would have scored and we won, I feel like we didn’t deserve to win the way we were playing.

Our great D that has been carrying this team year after year put us in a position to run away with this game. But our offense couldn’t handle the Rams D, bottom line. The Rams always play us tough so I expected a close game. But this is the worst I’ve seen my Niners play since Harbaugh took over. Terrible loss. Good game to St. Louis.
----------
R-o-b-b-e-d. The 49ers scored twice at the end. It is right there, the NFL is rigged,believe it. R-i-g-g-e-d.
---------
Typical Whiners’ fans!! Whinin’ about the non-calls. What about Tavons’ punt return that was called back on a bogus referee call?
SUCK IT UP WHINER FANS…RAMS WIN!! YEAAAH BOYYYEEE!!!!!
---------
I can’t believe the 49er fans saying “the refs cost us the game!!!”. The refs practically handed you the game six or seven times. Quit your whining and take your loss like the little spoiled brats that you are.
---------
Sure Scoob. You lost to a pre-season offense with 2 starters missing on the line, the 3rd string QB, the #1 receiver out and the #2 went out this game. You were up against 3/4 corners that were rookies and one returning from a pre-season injury. So sure, you got it better than a lot of teams. If that makes you feel better.
----------
THE ONLY WAY THE 9ERS CAN WIN A SB IN THE NEXT 3 YEARS IS IF KRAPERCHOKE STOP CHOKING AND THE TEAM RELY ON THEIR RUNNING GAME AND DEFENSE, AND IN THAT CASE, EVEN ALEX SMITH WOULD HAVE WON A SB WITH THE 9ERS ALREADY. TOO BAD THEY TRADED HIM AND WENT WITH KRAPERCHOKE AND ALREADY CHOKE 1 SB AWAY. AND NOW YOU JUST WITNESS ANOTHER BIG CHOKE AT THE END GOING 4-4 OFF OF A BYE WEEK AT HOME VS A LAME RAMS TEAM, HOW PATHETIC.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
There is a reason we're called Whiners. Threads like this. The refs didn't allow 8 sacks, the refs didn't overthrow receivers all day, the refs didn't get to the 1 down by 3 and fail to score even a field goal.

Wow - there are actually smart 49er fans out there. This pretty much sums it up!!

jap

Legend
Wow - there are actually smart 49er fans out there. This pretty much sums it up!!

Yep! There are '9er fans that saw this super young Horns team tie their boys up through five quarters and beat them by a FG in another five quarters two years ago. They damn well know! this Jeff Fisher-coached Rams team is coming to play every time with them, whether at home or away. They know they got away with a win they should't have against us earlier.

We need to beat the snot out of the Cards to ensure no NFL West squad can possibly sweep us this season, the we need to beat the Cards and the 'Hawks once more each to complete our! sweeps of their boys. How would a 5-1 record against the rest of the NFC West look like at season's end?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/san-francisco-49ers/169569-49ers-vs-rams.html

Game Thread: 49ers vs Rams

Not a good drive there at all. Kap is playing like shit.
---------
Niners Are not making playoffs
---------
Look they run and get yards. What a concept. lol
---------
Please Harbaugh if you do leave. Take your horrible OC with you. I don't want Greg Roman any where near this team next year.
--------
Man the OL is horrible this year.
--------
Wow NFL really does hate us.
---------
Seriously?kap sucks.
--------
Something about the dude just says "loser". he can't get it done.
---------
im done with football
-------
It's not like we signed Kaep to 18 per year, so we're all good. Oh wait...
--------
Without a QB, it is VERY hard to win in this league.
---------
We can lose with him, or we can lose with someone else.
--------
Should've been a TD. A combination of bad luck and poor play. A fitting end for this game where seemingly everyone on offense played like crap.
--------
Can't close out a game..song remains the same. This is just bad play calling...how many times do have we gone to Crab on this same play at the end of big games...net result is a lose every time. Maybe Sherman was right. And calling pass on 2nd and 2.5 is a poor call...run it twice to Gore and its done. QB sneak is just so full of problems mainly you can"t launch to get over the pile or pick a soft spot. Notice the only times we go under center was at end of game and of course we get a bad exchange from center on the method we don't practice all game with our new center. Man the OL was bad today.
lamende.gif

--------
3 clear calls and refs and replay get it wrong. I don't get it. Im so sick of this shit and how refs help with out come of games.
--------
As a football fan for 28 years I'm at a point that I might be done with football. I will sleep on it and most likely not care as much because its not about the better team that day anymore. its about the NFL and refs screwing everything up. Safety was clear, Crabtree TD was clear and Kap TD was clear(yes he fumbled the snap took position and went over the goal line and fumbled again. Its a TD right when he clears the goal line. This was a joke.
---------
They should trade for Colt McCoy.
--------
I just canceled Redzone and won't by any NFL merchandise again until they get refs that know what they are doing. The whole point of replay is to get the play right. How the hell do you screw up 3 plays in 1 game and all scoring plays. this is isn't holding or a penalty where u can't review. These are plays being looked at by the whole world and 95% of the world can see the play. Its so bad.
----------
As a fan its pointless to care anymore. When the game is taken away from you from refs that don't have a clue or never played the sport before it means crap. This is killing the NFL. Im done with this crap. I hope Niners do well but Im done really caring about the NFL and posting on Game Day threads and stuff like that. I will always care about the 49ers but Im done with the NFL it self. No more having sundays for football. If I see the game great if not no big deal. Not giving up on the 49ers(even though Roman sucks), just giving football as a whole a break.

This was just bad.
----------
Bad calls? I think so. "Clearly." Not so much.

Also, the NFL is "fixed". The Niners just got a community-paid-for new stadium. If the fix were in, I would think that they would be fixing in our favor, not against us. Why fix in favor of the Rams?

There is no reason for the league to fix against the Niners. It just doesn't make sense.
----------
Tough way to end a game, but the games aren't fixed. There was nothing conclusive to overturn that final call. IMO, the game should have never been that close. You have to take care of business at home against an inferior team.
---------
it does make sense. To lose 2 games because of the refs and replays its clear. NFL likes when new teams take over and right now Arizona is the new team in the west. NFL is the new NBA. Fixed.
---------
This game should never have come down to one play. 49ers just not getting it done today, looking past the Rams perhaps? Rams have been a pain ever since Fisher became head coach for them, I think the Seahags would agree.
--------
That's what happens sometimes when you let an inferior team stay in a game they have no business being in. This loss was well deserved.

The interesting thing will be to see what happens next week in New Orleans; do they come back firing or do they quit.
----------
I gave up on basketball because of the officials!! I watched the Suns run every team off the court for 5 seasons straight, then the playoffs begin and fouls aren't called fouls anymore and the Suns get taken out year after year, then it comes out that an official who called a ton of fouls against the Suns during a playoff game was crooked but they claim he was the only one, I stopped watching nba, I'm getting to the point of that with the nfl
----------
First of all the 49ers defense played their hearts out only giving up 193 yards of offense to the Rams. They did that without Willis, Bowman, and A. Smith. Borland had 18 freaking tackles on defense including 15 that were solo and that is a awesome game. Those guys on defense deserved to drive home tonight winners but now look at the standings and see that they are 4-4 on the season.

If the 49ers don't make the playoffs this year they can point to 2 terrible losses at home vs. the Bears and now the Rams and that will tell you most of the story.

On offense those guys need to look at each other and decide to pull it all together or they will be sitting home for the playoffs. The offensive line is a complete freaking mess right now. They gave up 8 sacks and Kap continues to run for his life out there. If the 49ers make a run the O line needs to suck it up and get their shit straight. Gore on 14 carries for 49 yards and Hyde 2 carries for 17 yards is not enough carries especially against the freaking Rams. The 49ers red zone offense is crap plain and simple. Clock management was terrible again. Play calling on the goal line continues to suffer.

Boldin did shine on offense getting 6 catches for 93 yards but where was the play calling down near the end zone getting the ball in his hands. Boldin is the money man and he needs more touches down there. Kap continues to lock in on Crabtree down there and Kap also needs to handle the blitz which he has not especially when his O line breaks down which has been often. Kap better learn how to handle that blitz because teams are going to continue to attack him with blitz's until he burns their ass's.

This was a tough loss and the now the 49ers have to win 6 of their last 8 games most likely to just get into the dance. Arizona stands at 7-1 and looks real sound this year. The 49ers can do it. They all have to come together or they will be home taking down the Christmas lights instead of playing football. It's in their hands.
----------
next week doesn't matter season is over. We have to run the table and that won't happen.

NFL needs to start being fair and suspend refs. Right now they get plays called wrong and nothing happens. Start suspending refs or fine them just like players when they do something wrong. Is should be like any other jobs. If I screw up at work multiple times I get suspended and if i screw up enough I would get fired.
------------
I sure Rams fans have plenty to bitch about when it comes to the refs.

Just wish they let the teams play the game and not call fouls on so many damn plays. It's ruining the game.

No reason this team ought to have lost to the Rams.

I put it on The O-line and Kaep for not executing

I put it on the coaching staff for stubbornly g in calling pass plays that took far to long to develop. Not the way the O-line was performing. Needed to call plays that burn their blitzes.

A real stinker.
-----------
Look this was a tough loss no doubt but after the initial reaction you can't just sit around complaining about what happened. Since Coach Harbaugh took over as coach the 49ers bread and butter was a power running game. This is a punch you in the mouth, sloberknocker, kick ass team. The blitz has really been a killer on Kap and that O Line. The 49ers have to defuse the blitz's by kick N some ass on that O Line and shoving that running game down the opponents throat. The 49ers have to attack rather than be back on their heels and reacting to the defense.

I watched Staley after the game and he looks real frustrated . I know Joe wants to shove that running game down the other teams throat. Frank Gore our warrior wants the rock period. Give Frank the freaking ball and use Hyde to beat up on the defense to defuse that all out blitz that is coming on Kap who has been running for his life and needs more time to throw.

Also the 49ers have to throw more deep passes and slants on first down to keep blitzing linebackers and safeties from clogging running gaps. You have to keep the opposing defense honest. The 49ers must have the most predictable offensive game plan in the league. If you don't adjust games like today happen and it can really break a team down mentally to repeat past failures over and over again.

I know Coach Harbaugh is frustrated also and it must be tough to have to stand up and have the press rip everything you do when you lose a tough ballgame. There is so much that goes into prepping for ballgames and also injuries force you to do things that you might not want to do. I don't think Vernon Davis is healthy and Vernon was huge in the past for the 49ers on offense.

I do know one thing and that is the 49ers O line likes to take it to the other team pounding the rock with Gore so give Frank the rock and let him Rock N Roll it into the end zone and the 49ers will be back.

It's time to kick some ass.
---------
Relax, man. There is no fix. Jerome Boger is just incompetent. He didn't even know the rule of offsetting penalties on that punt play where both teams committed a penalty. He was wrong in his first announcement regarding the play. Somebody probably told him something like "Hey, Jerome, it's offsetting penalties. No choice but to re-play the down," and then he corrected himself with the second announcement.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
If the refs. call the egregious head drive personal foul they pulled on Mason the screen shot and Kaepernick fumble never even get a chance to happen

Lesson

Oh, really?
Wouldn't that play have been called back regardless due to the offsetting penalties? I agree it shouldn't have been blown dead but the penalties were still there for both sides.
Yeah, the return would have been nullified due to the penalties, but the whistle shouldn't have been blown that early.

I'm more disappointed with the call about Laurinaitis' first fumble recovery, however.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm not sure I'd call that screen grab a TD when I'm not sure he had control of the ball yet. I do think they broke the plane on the last play of the game but because it was so crowded, they couldn't call it a TD.

He didn't break the plane. Not even close. He may not have fumbled, but he definitely didn't break the plane.

Kohl420

UDFA
Name
Kohl
My mom is a 49ers fan living in Arizona. I haven't seen her in three years and she will meet my girlfriend of two years for the first time. I fly out Wednesday and this will give me some bragging rights

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Idiots

We got robbed. The score should have been 17-10. The ref had no reason to blow the play dead on the punt return to the EZ. Should have been a td. What a joke.

And what about the TD that James L. ran for.....? Forward progress my arse...
The obvious fumble that was ruled NOT a fumble because..............well not sure why.
JMHO but the score should have been 27-10.
13 points we scored plus Tavon's TD and James' L's TD. 13+14=27 to 10.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Not 1 of them mentioned JLs TD that the refs blew. The early whistle negated the fumble and gave the ball to the whiners.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Idiots

We got robbed. The score should have been 17-10. The ref had no reason to blow the play dead on the punt return to the EZ. Should have been a td. What a joke.
The punt would have come back on the block in the back anyways, but JLs TD should have stood, it was clearly a fumble and JL clearly recovered it.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
There is a reason we're called Whiners. Threads like this. The refs didn't allow 8 sacks, the refs didn't overthrow receivers all day, the refs didn't get to the 1 down by 3 and fail to score even a field goal.
th

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://sfo.scout.com/story/1476110-49ers-sacked-by-the-rams-13-10?s=69

49ERS SACKED BY THE RAMS, 13-10
Chris BidermanNiners Digest

1421497.jpg

Coming in heavily favored against the 2-5 Rams, the 49ers were shocked 13-10 at home Sunday, falling to 4-4 behind an ugly offensive performance that included eight sacks allowed. Jim Harbaugh's team is off to its worst start since he became coach.

SANTA CLARA, Calif. - It all came down to one play.

The 49ers, having allowed a season-high eight sacks, were on the doorstep of the end zone with a chance to take a four-point lead with two seconds remaining to wash away what had been a dreary afternoon.

But as Colin Kaepernick took the snap from rookie center Marcus Martin, making his NFL debut, he bobbled the ball, pushed into the pile for the game-clinching quarterback sneak, and lost the ball in the jumbled mass of bodies.

Rams linebacker James Laurinaitis recovered Kaepernick's fumble in the end zone, stunning what had been a crowd at Levi's Stadium aching for something to get excited about - like a last-second win.

Instead, the 49ers lost 13-10 to a Rams team that came in 2-5, three weeks after San Francisco beat the same team 31-17 on its home field. The 49ers fell to 4-4, their worst record through eight games under Jim Harbaugh since becoming head coach in 2011.

"We got to suck it up," the dejected coach said. "That was a tough loss. We got to play better football, coach better football. Better habits. Play better."

Harbaugh's team came into Sunday off its bye week, following a 42-17 dismantling by the Denver Broncos Oct. 19. In that game, Kaepernick was sacked a season-high six times. Sunday, the Rams sacked Kaepernick six times in the first half alone. They finished with eight, more than doubling their season total of six.

"We got all the talent in the world," left tackle Joe Staley said. "We were doing some dumb stuff and they took advantage of it."

"Dumb blocks. Dumb techniques. Dumb schemes. Played like (expletive)."

The defeat did not come without controversy.

"I know I crossed the line," Kaepernick said of the final play, indicating he thought he scored before fumbling.

But that wasn't the first questionable call made by the officiating crew headed by Jerome Boger.

With 42 seconds left, Kaepernick hit receiver Michael Crabtree toward the front pylon on the right side of the end zone. Crabtree was in the end zone, came back for the ball, and rolled out of bounds.

Inside two minutes the officials reviewed the call to see if the ball broke the plane under Crabtree's control. The ruling that Crabtree made the catch and did not score was upheld.

However, the clock was running, despite Crabtree rolling out of bounds untouched. San Francisco's next snap came with 14 seconds remaining after Boger indicated there would not be a change to game clock following the review. The game clock resumed running potentially taking away 20 seconds for San Francisco to work with.

"They said they would review all of it – the clock, the catch, the spot. They came back with a ‘play stands.’ That was the only explanation,” Harbaugh said.

It was an ugly and disjointed performance by the 49ers' offense. The makeshift offensive line was starting its fifth different combination in eight games, including the NFL debut of Martin, who played just 90 preseason snaps before suffering a dislocated knee cap against the Chargers in the third exhibition game.

"Every week is going to be something different. You just got to learn from your mistakes, watch the film and correct the mistakes," Martin said.

With Martin, 20, in charge of assigning offensive line protections from his position at center, the Rams decided to blitz the 49ers heavily, often bringing more pass rushers than 49ers had blockers.

"They blitzed like a (expletive) ton," Staley said.

San Francisco did well to adjust on the final drive where it looked like they would come away with a field goal, at least, after starting the possession at their own 12-yard line. Stevie Johnson got the drive going with a 25-yard catch up the left side, followed by a 20-yard grab over the middle by Anquan Boldin.

The 49ers were put in position to win the game by a 25-yard pass interference call on cornerback Trumaine Johnson on Crabtree deep down the left sideline.

Frank Gore, who finished with 49 yards on 14 carries, did not get a rushing attempt at the goal line. Instead, the 49ers tried a play-action passing play following the completion to Crabtree that Kaepernick was forced to throw away.

"It don’t get no tougher than this," Gore said. "We didn’t play a good game. Defense gave us the opportunity. Offense didn’t make plays when we had to. The Rams played a good game, they played hard, and they got the win."

The 49ers defense forced two Austin Davis interceptions in the second quarter on back-to-back drives. They were able to capitalize on the first, after struggling offensively following Phil Dawson's 34-yard field goal on the opening possession.

Davis rolled right and was looking for wideout Tavon Austin along the right sideline. But the ball was under-thrown and safety Antoine Bethea was there to make his second interception of the year.

Three plays later, Kaepernick scrambled right after the play broke down and found a wide-open Boldin in the middle of the field for a 27-yard touchdown. Both of Boldin's TD grabs this year have come against St. Louis.

On the Rams' next drive, Davis, again, under-threw Kenny Britt deep down the right sideline and was intercepted by Perrish Cox, who made his fourth pick of the year, good for second in the NFL.

Unlike the teams' previous meeting, when 49ers receiver Brandon Lloyd scored inside the final minute, it was the Rams that scored before halftime this week. Britt was left alone in the middle of the field after rookie inside linebacker Chris Borland, making his second NFL start in the place of injured Pat Willis (toe), missed a coverage assignment leading to the 21-yard touchdown catch.

The score came three plays after Kaepernick was strip-sacked by Robert Quinn, giving the Rams the ball at the 49ers' 36 just prior to the two-minute warning.

Borland had an outstanding game in Willis' stead, notching a game-high 18 tackles. But it was his one mistake that he said he will remember.

"A loss is a loss. I blew an assignment that cost us a touchdown and may have cost us the game. So I don’t really feel good about it," Borland said.

Kaepernick finished with 237 yards on 22 of 33 completions. Davis completed just 13 of 24 for 105 yards. The 49ers out-gained the Rams 263-193.

The 49ers will pick up the pieces and hope to rebound on the road against the New Orleans Saints (4-4) next week, who won in Carolina Thursday night, giving them three extra days of rest and time to prepare.

San Francisco didn't get any help within the division Sunday, either. The Arizona Cardinals improved to an NFL-best 7-1 with a win 28-17 win over the Cowboys while Seattle (5-3) jumped a game ahead of the 49ers with a 30-24 win over the Raiders.
----------
WTF do the 49ers do on their bye week?
banghead.gif
1 win out of of 4 games
ohlord.gif
Does Harbaugh give the players and coaching staff 2 weeks off and tell them to show up for the next game?
---------
The refs helped us ALL game and we still lose!
---------
LMAO. The loser Kaepernick finds a new way to lose a close game. The guy sucks, can we please finally admit it?
--------
Trade CK and get rid of Harbaugh today. Tired of both of them. While you are at it, trade every one of our OL. If you can't beat the Rams at home after two weeks to prepare you deserve to start over.
--------
IM SPEECHLESS
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
flushed.gif
flushed.gif
flushed.gif
flushed.gif

--------
Colin Kaepernick is not a good player. He's all hype based on what he's been able to do to Green Bay's horrible Dom Capers defenses. Blaming the OL is garbage, the guy is surrounded by weapons, and he has some of the best weapons at WR, TE and RB in the league. Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady don't have good offensive lines (and Brady has crap weapons on offense), either, but they don't seem to struggle because of it.
---------
Next week will be even worse. The Saints will destroy our injured defense, while our offense....what offense, LOL! Joke of the league at this point next to the NFL front office and officials.
---------
Look, Kap made his mistakes, but this game was lost by the offensive line. The Rams had 8 sacks today. They had just 6 all season prior to this game.

Unless the offensive line gets its act in gear, the Niners are in big time trouble.
---------
There are some very delusional fans here who actually think the Niners are a real contender at this time and continue to blow fluffy goodness up our shorts!

Wake up, you were wrong starting 8 years ago and you're wrong now!
---------
He continues to make those SAME mistakes.

You're supposed to actually get better the more you play!
---------
The only decent SF team is the giants.

Face it! Our window has closed and it's time for us to take a seat behind the hawks and cards!
---------
I hate to say it for all he's done here, and I don't want to be knee jerk.

But I'm fine with letting Harbaugh go to Michigan or wherever after this season.

I don't know if it's all his fault, and I don't know what the players actually think of him. But it just seems like this was a season, or has been a season, of too many distractions. From the locker room chemistry between coach and players, to the offseason crap with Kaep(okay he was innocent, but still), Aldon, and McDonald, to the injuries, which aren't anyone's fault.....

But, I live in Ohio and I don't have any NFL packages or anything I pay for. I listened online. Listening to the radio guys call it and just listening to the action, the Rams didn't beat us today. We beat us today. The Rams had more sacks today than they had coming in this season. I know some of you put a lot of blame on Kaep, and no he wasn't good. But it sounded as if they kept trying to run the same play action play that never came close to working, was slow developing, and by the time Kaep looked up to try to do anything, he had defenders in his face. I don't know what any QB is expected to do in that situation. Sure, throw the ball away if he can. But if he doesn't even have time to do that.
ohlord.gif

It just seems like offensively Roman and Harbaugh don't even know what they want to do in a game Do we even have an offensive identity? I know, I know, our identity is a sorry offense. But seriously, do we even have a consistent, "We're going to rely on Gore and the running game", or, "We're going to rely on Kaep and quick throws to our WR's", or "We're going to be a balanced team offensively". It seems like 8 games in, it's fly by the seat of our pants and hope we score enough to win.

There have been things this year that have been beyond anyone's control. But the lack of discipline and making, as they said on the radio feed, unforced error after unforced error is something that needs to be addressed and actually should have been addressed long ago. That's on the players, but even more it's on Harbaugh and the coaches.

The Jacksonville Jaguars scored 23 points today and as I look, the Raiders have scored 17- Seattle of course is going to win too. But those are awful teams that don't have anywhere near the skill position talent that we do on offense.

10 points today is unacceptable. Of course, it sounds like Michael Crabtree was across the plain on that catch, so maybe we actually should have won and got screwed a bit by the refs. But it never should have come down to that.
---------
When you can't beat the Rams at home, your season is pretty much done. I expect this team to go through the motions the rest of the way. Hapless OL. Injured defense, which is where the real talent lays. A QB who cares more about his tattoos than learning the game (should have kept a Smith). A HC who has no idea how to plan for a game, nor can't make adjustments during the game. It is over.
----------
The officials bailed us out from a possible blowout loss this one "questionable" call wouldn't have won it for us if all things were equal anyway!
---------
What calls are you talking about? Unless the officials called back sure TDs for the Rams, there was no for sure scoring for them today. They sucked on offense too.

The play's I'm talking about are obvious. They said Crabtree caught the ball. The replay shows the ball across the plain. So if it is a catch it is a TD, otherwise, it was incomplete. You couldn't have it both ways on that play, yet the officials some how did.

The CK play is irrelevant. Should have never happened because Crabtree scored with the catch. If that had been incomplete, I doubt they run a QB sneak.
---------
The quick whistle on the Gore fumble. The two non-calls on false starts on our last drive. The non-call on pile driving the ram RB on their FG drive that would have used more time and put the ball inside our 10. Plus others!
---------
Anyway, I'm done with the 49ers for now. They have no identity expect for killing themselves. Reminds me of the Singletary era. All the talent in the world. Have no idea how to utilize it. Our WR core alone should keep coaching staffs up late at night, but with a hapless OL, a QB who only has one speed and a HC who only knows 5 step drops/dive plays, they laugh it off as useless weapons.
---------
From what I saw today we got a lot of breaks from the refs including the one on the Rams late drive where Borland pile drived the guy on his head. Borland did get a ton of tackles, but how many times did he blow his assignment looking into the backfield and not covering his man. He is still freelancing too much. Yes I do think Crabtree had a TD and same with Kaep, but we still sucked bad. OL just awful.
----------
There was only two calls tonight that screwed a team out of a TD. Those two calls were against us. I don't remember any call like those two happening against the Rams. Could they have prolonged drives? Sure. Would they have guaranteed scores? Nope.

Either way, the 49ers should have won this game outright. The Rams have one of the most injury plagued teams in the league on both sides of the ball, a horrific rush defense and horrible young pass defense. Our Offense should have hung at least 35 on them tonight. Defensively the 49ers played great tonight IMO, but then again that was against the Rams at home which isn't saying much.

I expect the 49ers to get destroyed next week playing on the road against the Saints. Only way the 49ers could right the ship is win out, which I doubt happens looking at the schedule. Today's game was a shoe in win given the circumstances and they still lost. They are done IMO.
-----------
Niners need to get rid of this idiot QB Colin K.
----------
absolutely horrendous performance today. this is becoming a habit- we play far below our ability and beat ourselves out there. this team seems out of sync and we have WAY too much talent to be playing like this.

I don't want to dismiss the rams- they're a feisty, well coached team with a lot of young talent. but they're also really depleted and have a nobody at QB. we not only should've won this game (particularly with an extra week of prep) but we should've MURDERED this team. I'm talking by 2 TDs+. but we couldn't get out of our own way.

I'm not even mad at the call on the final play. the bottom line is, that's a very hard play for the refs to see and while I think he broke the plane with possession, we never should've let the game come down to that. we executed poorly ALL day and deserved to lose. you can't play like crap for 4 quarters and expect to win. if we were playing a true playoff team today, we would've been killed about 35-10.

the o-line was the main culprit today and as a result CK was never comfortable. but I'm really getting worried about him too. even passes he completes, he just doesn't seem to have command of what is going on out there. his passes are frequently high, or low, or behind receivers. true, an nfl receiver should catch it if it hits his hands. but a couple of those passes to c-tree that I think of, if CK puts it where it needs to be and where the receiver is trying to break, we not only move the chains but get big gains or a TD. a few of those ones CK wasn't even under pressure either.

so I don't know what's going on out there but none of it looks good. we almost have to win out to make the playoffs and that's highly unlikely. possible but highly unlikely. this team has the talent and potential but for whatever reason, the mental focus seems to be lacking. there don't seem to be any leaders out there either, who are uniting the team together and getting everyone focused when things are not going well. at this rate we definitely won't make the playoffs. shoot, we will struggle to have a winning season if we stay on this trajectory.

what a sad, sad state of affairs. it's hard to amass this much talent on one team and we've completely wasted it with how we've performed.
----------
The sad fact is, the 49era are a .500 team. The sad fact is, Kaepernick is overrated. At the biggest moments in his career, in his biggest games, he has choked. He lacks composure. His mind races. He loses focus. He makes hideous mistakes. He is overrated. When the chips are down, he often comes up small. It's time to stop making excuses. Even his commercials suck. Whatever it is that great quarterbacks like Montana, Elway, and Payton Manning have, he lacks. The saddest thing is, Kaepernick has such great physical talent. But mentally and emotionally at crunch time, he is sorely lacking.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I live in the Bay Area. I'm going to have a great day at work today. Got my props all ready to go.