W Fisher Back How to go about fixing' our Offense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I say bring in a vet play caller that can develop Goff. Find some players that can play some football. Paging Norv Turner
OL is were I start and focus.
Add a WR w/ hands

What says you?

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
It's pretty obvious Fisher needs to go. But you have to clean house on offense. keep what works which isn't much and say goodbye to the coaches and players that aren't.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Really going to need JJ to help us recoup us a 3rd rd pick. Need to get back to a true power scheme as most of our OL seems to play better. Need a better Center and LG then focus on upgrading every pass catcher

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Anyone see Norv's great tutelage of Bridgewater the last couple years?
His yards per attempt went down, yards per completion went down, touchdowns went down. Completion % barely moved up.
Color me unimpressed. I think the game's passed Uncle Norv by.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I say bring in a vet play caller that can develop Goff. Find some players that can play some football. Paging Norv Turner
Add a WR w/ hands

What says you?
Agree. First, fire the entire offensive coaching staff. Second, overhaul the O-Line. Third find a guy who can catch the football with any consistency. Much, much, much easier said than done. This is going to be another long off-season.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
With Fisher staying the D and ST should remain strengths, time for Fisher to turn the O over to someone with a history of success. If he stays with an in house answer, Groh might be ok. But I would prefer Norv or Zampese. And something must be done with the OL coaching, add another OL coach or settle on a scheme and get good at it, dont do this half assed hybrid crap that just doesnt fit the players on the OL.

Rams77

Starter
Hire Mike Martz or Al Saunders as OC and trade for a decent LT and C. At the very worst the offense will be exciting and close to average.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
With Fisher staying the D and ST should remain strengths, time for Fisher to turn the O over to someone with a history of success. If he stays with an in house answer, Groh might be ok. But I would prefer Norv or Zampese. And something must be done with the OL coaching, add another OL coach or settle on a scheme and get good at it, dont do this half assed hybrid crap that just doesnt fit the players on the OL.

Please god no more internal hires for the sake of "continuity". I never understood that. Why would you want to continue something that is down right awful.

Burn the whole thing down start over.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Add a WR w/ hands

What says you?
USATSI_8931589_168380616_lowres.jpg

1200.jpg

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Please god no more internal hires for the sake of "continuity". I never understood that. Why would you want to continue something that is down right awful.

Burn the whole thing down start over.

Groh was a new hire from outside during the last off season, I think if given the opportunity he would change some things on O. But I would still prefer Norv or Zampese with complete control of the O, not no hybrid Fisherball bullshit.

rafa

Starter
Name
Rafael
It does not matter who gets hired. It does not matter any change of players. Jeff Fisher will remain Jeff Fisher, and we will continue to lose. The End.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
It does not matter who gets hired. It does not matter any change of players. Jeff Fisher will remain Jeff Fisher, and we will continue to lose. The End.

This is probably the truth, sadly. :(

If Fisher is here we need to have an amazing o-line to win. Dominant. We need to replicate what the Cowboys have if not one-up them. So that should be our focus. We already tried to address the offensive line via the draft but that failed. Whether the answer is now.... new personnel, coaching, or scheme..... I don't know. But our offensive line has to be dominant to win playing the way Fisher wants.

Really, a strong o-line is they key to ANY offense performing, so bonus that we can fire Fisher at any point and the efforts developing the line will not be in vain.

FRO

Legend
Disagree with the "no talent" angle. I've already posted why in other threads.
Not saying there is no talent, just saying that they are one of the least talented offenses in the league. Coaching has a role in it, but let's not scapegoat it.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Not saying there is no talent, just saying that they are one of the least talented offenses in the league. Coaching has a role in it, but let's not scapegoat it.
I'm not scapegoating anything. The entire roster scouting and drafting overall has been good. The defensive coaching has been good. The offensive coaching is neanderthal. The team unit rankings and performance reflect that.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Really going to need JJ to help us recoup us a 3rd rd pick. Need to get back to a true power scheme as most of our OL seems to play better. Need a better Center and LG then focus on upgrading every pass catcher[/QUOTE

Eric Kush looked good today at LG

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I would add that the defensive and special teams players brought in have progressed and been developed. Can't say the same for the offensive side of the ball. It's pretty clear to me where the problem is.

FRO

Legend
I'm not scapegoating anything. The entire roster scouting and drafting overall has been good. The defensive coaching has been good. The offensive coaching is neanderthal. The team unit rankings and performance reflect that.
The receiving corps is bad. The offensive line is bad. Most were drafted by the current regime. Quick over Jeffrey. Austin over Hopkins. Robinson over Matthews. Every team misses in the draft, but when it comes to offensive talent the Rams have missed a ton. 12 top 100 picks of the Fisher/Snead regime on the offensive side of the ball. 4 top 10 selections. I'm not seeing the talent on offense. Yes the scheme is bad, but the talent isn't great either.