Vincent Brown: Scheduled for workout in St. Louis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Three threads on the same topic have so far today been merged into this one. I'm guessing some of you don't bother to read past the first 5 threads on the front page nor use the search engine. SMH

FRO

Legend
Our WR/TE problem won't get fixed mid season most likely. It was a failure in the offseason not to improve the unit. Hill/Davis were used as scapegoats for all that ailed the offense. It's quite clear that QB wasn't the only issue with our offense. We are in the same boat we were in when Fisher and Snead took over. They have built a magnificent defense, good special teams, and a great running back. They have failed to build up the line and WRs, two of the biggest holes they inherited. They deserve some heat for that. I'm a Fisher and Snead supporter too, but they failed miserably at building the receiving corps and the line.

FRO

Legend
We know Welker can get open and catch, he would be the best WR on the team before he even learned the playbook.
Welker had issues catching and who knows if he can even get open anymore.

It's sad we are so downtrodden at receiver we aren't yearning for Holt and Bruce, we just want Amendola and Gibson.

…..

Legend
Three threads on the same topic have so far today been merged into this one. I'm guessing some of you don't bother to read past the first 5 threads on the front page nor use the search engine. SMH

easy tiger.....you're usually so much more patient. Yesterday's bad taste still lingering? lol You're right of course and I'm tugging at your beard :)

On topic.....I think this speaks volumes about how we felt about Chris Givens, assuming salary was not the driving point to the trade.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I could see him helping somewhat but I'm not sure Foles can get him the ball in a position to do much with it.
^^^ this ^^^

I hate it that we might be trying to reinvent the wheel (again).

How in the world do guys like Quick and Bailey just drop off the face of the earth?

Britt's been pretty good... other than that, just flashes.

The only player that has "emerged" this year is Austin. And a lot of that are running plays.

Do we really need to look at older, slower guys now?

I am officially sad today.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Welker is interesting considering how inept the third down conversion rate is...
As soon as the lab at Rams Park transforms Foles into Tom Brady, we're going to be unstoppable!!
:LOL:

TexasRam

Legend
Welker vs Cook on third down

Maybe the greatest 3rd down Wr of all time vs the worst 3rd down Wr of all time.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I don't care if Welker replaces Bailey or Quick or anyone, because they aren't producing. If Welker can convert third downs and keep the chains moving and get open and be reliable, he should get snaps over anyone we have, because they can't do any of that. Bailey was supposed to be that guy. He hasn't been. Quick was supposed to be that guy. He hasn't been. Britt was supposed to be that guy, he hasn't been besides his one play every other game. Don't get me started on Cook.

Bernie was saying we have the worst third down conversion percentage since 1972, when they first started tracking. We need to fix that. Don't tell me any of the guys we currently have will do that, because they haven't so far. Even Tavon needs to be more consistent, but he earns a pass because he makes more plays than anyone else.

adaystl3

UDFA
Name
ADSTL03
I am not ready to give up on Quick. I fear that at the end of this year we are going to make a mistake letting him go. I know he has been here a while but he did show promise last year. He may not be a "#1" but he looked like a damn good "#2" before that horrible injury. He was pretty damn open a few times yesterday too. As the passing game failed yesterday I immediately blamed the scheme, Fisher, Foles, O-line, etc. I would like to at least see him given more targets as the season goes on. Hate to let a guy go after spending that high of a draft pick and then watch him turn around and blossom with another team. As each week goes by, I try to convince myself that what my eyes want to see in BQ and reality are two different things, but I just can't shake the feeling. Blind fandom in him I guess.

adaystl3

UDFA
Name
ADSTL03

I can understand and accept that. He should get his opportunity now with Bailey out.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
easy tiger.....you're usually so much more patient. Yesterday's bad taste still lingering? lol You're right of course and I'm tugging at your beard :)

You're reading me like a book.

Posts like this usually show up after a mod suggests using the search function. Mods do not place members on ignore. We don't have that luxury. Try again.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm all in favor of bringing in anyone who can catch a football, beat a DB, find the sweet spot in a zone, fight for a contested ball and demand coverage.

Josh Gordon...are you rehabilitated?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
My fears of this offense becoming the Steven Jackson/Amendola show all over again will become even more scary if we bring in Welker.
Gurley & Welker will get worn down to the nub within one year. The trade deadline has come and gone...so we're stuck. A 3 dimensional vertical threat is needed so badly i can taste it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
b3gJn7o.gif

Or two!!

beachvolleyball7.jpg