Vincent Brown: Scheduled for workout in St. Louis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

maximus

Rookie
Sign Welker. He can't be much worse than what we have.

He was a third down conversion machine in NE. At least give him a try, 2 or 3 games, see how it goes. Rams are desperate for third down conversion help. Give him a try !!!

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
If signed, would Welker be able to make an impact immediately? Wouldn't he be very limited since the playbook would be new to him? I'm on board with signing him, btw.

ztoben

Professional NFL Couch Analyst
Name
ztoben
If signed, would Welker be able to make an impact immediately? Wouldn't he be very limited since the playbook would be new to him? I'm on board with signing him, btw.

He could learn this playbook in under a week. The rams have one of the simplest offenses in the NFL.

adaystl3

UDFA
Name
ADSTL03
If we sign Welker, I hope Quick and Britt are starting on the outside. Cut back on using Cook and line up Austin and Welker in the slot. Mix Bailey in as well. Either way it appears they are giving up on someone. I wonder if its Quick or Bailey? Someone is going to lose some snaps.

MountainRam

Rookie
They are going to win NFCW and playoffs. Everyone and their nanny knows it. I really believe they are one good WR away from an exploding offense. MAN count me excited about the last 8 games

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Vincent Brown, Wes Welker, and Hakeem Nicks...Quick is probably gone at the seasons end. I imagine they know an upgrade at WR is the biggest need.

A55VA6

Legend
He was a third down conversion machine in NE. At least give him a try, 2 or 3 games, see how it goes. Rams are desperate for third down conversion help. Give him a try !!!
Exactly. Worth a shot, imo.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
He could learn this playbook in under a week. The rams have one of the simplest offenses in the NFL.

A week? :thinking:

Well...he has had some concussion issues so maybe it will take him a whole week! ;)

RedRam

Pro Bowler
If we sign Welker, I hope Quick and Britt are starting on the outside. Cut back on using Cook and line up Austin and Welker in the slot. Mix Bailey in as well. Either way it appears they are giving up on someone. I wonder if its Quick or Bailey? Someone is going to lose some snaps.

FIFY...;)

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Say we sign Wes Welker. Who's snaps does he take away? Bailey? Quick?

Aren't those the guys who everyone wanted to see more of?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Say we sign Wes Welker. Who's snaps does he take away? Bailey? Quick?

Aren't those the guys who everyone wanted to see more of?
Hopefully Cook's, but I doubt we sign these guys. They're all old, beat up guys with no tread left on the tires besides unless they know how to throw the ball they won't be much more help, unless they come with neon signs when they get open.

Athos

Legend
Why don't we see very many crossing routes? Or pick plays? Or slants? Where's the short passing game beyond the LOS. Kind of echoing @blackbart here.

Maybe Foles just can't hit those routes?

Someone mentioned him only throwing 9s, comebacks, and 1 other type of route besides your average screen. Hard to hit those if you don't have the eyes or anticipation for the passes. Especially as they can be easily picked if your accuracy is as erratic as Foles' is.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
...but for whatever reason Foles is locking on his primary target and refusing to push the ball over the middle....

Didn't we have the same problem with Hill / Davis / Clemens and we said we needed a new QB who could seethe whole field apart from the primary target, I'm starting to wonder if it's not totally down to the guy under centre, it's almost a "I have to make the primary target catch it, I can not deviate from the given plan"

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
b3gJn7o.gif

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I could see him helping somewhat but I'm not sure Foles can get him the ball in a position to do much with it.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
We know Welker can get open and catch, he would be the best WR on the team before he even learned the playbook.