Training Camp (SUN Aug-06)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Enjoy practice today guys! Look forward to your excellent input as always.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
sparksfirenoaacamera.JPG

Hills by my house. That's 2-3 miles from me right now.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Sucks that we have to wait until the second preseason game to get a decent sample size of the starting O-Line unit. I honestly have no feeling of how good this group is going to be and I'm concerned about the 2nd string unit.

At least we will get to see the second and 3rd string O-Line units get plenty of snaps vs Dallas next Saturday.
What did I miss, why would we not get to see our 1st string O-Line in our 1st pre-season game against Dallas!?! Please enlighten me!o_O:dizzy:

Last edited:

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Was hoping to give a good report today. But as mentioned above not much to report. Being a walk through explains why they were moving at half speed

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Did Fisher do this? Not bashing, but I like the articulation of McVay. He said they needed to work on somethings and that's exactly what they're doing.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Brown is starting, but not convinced he is the starter at RT. Donnal played pretty well last season, and thought he would be the starting RT after Havenstein was moved to G. But he is injuried, wearing a walking boot in training camp is a concern. Another concern is Brown is also 6-3 or 6-4 , every starting RT in the league is in the 6-5. 6-6 area that I could find. Donnal is 6-6. Not sure if that is relevant or not, just something that is out there.

Just hope the issue for Donnal is not a longer term kind of thing. Seems for now that Brown may be the starter by default, and that rarely turns out well. The others on the roster will have an outstanding opportunity, with Coach Kromer to develop. And do thing like our new OL coach. Very, very good at development.

Brown has 34.5 inch long arms, which is above average for the tackle position, so I am not concerned that he is an inch shorter than other RTs. For example Hav is 3 inches taller but his arms are an inch shorter.

It seems like they are already shuffling Brown around already, which IMO was a mistake the previous regime made instead of letting a set 5 get experience working together in established spots. However, I am willing to give Kroemer the benefit of the doubt. If they are going to shuffle it now IMO they shoukd stick with it while there is still plenty of time in camp and 4 preseason games where a set 5 can gel.