Titans snagging LaFleur

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He called plays for the Redskins. LaFleur has no experience in that area.

I’m not getting the parallel ?

Matt was the OC of The Rams last season , if anything you should have said that last season when he got promoted to OC under McVay.

MCVay had him call fames in the preseason & was still the OC last season.

McVay got promoted in the same system from QB coach to OC.

Matt helped put in a whole new offense with McVay ?? To say he does not have experience is silly.

Now if it was for the Titian’s HC postion which he first Applied for , then that would be a huge difference.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well, this blows.. I’m most disappointed in Goff losing Lafleur, and I do agree this is probably a bit too early for him to leave, but good luck to the guy!

He lost Olsen as his QB coach to be OC under Gruden. You have to know that was a big loss.His experience was big for McVay & Goff.
Olsen was also a luxury for Matt.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This sucks but good luck to LaFleur in Tennessee. As most have pointed out he was just the OC by name and McVay is running the show. He probably did have a hand in helping Goff though. I think he will do well for the Titans, they have a lot of weapons for him to work with.

As The Rams OC , I think he had more to do with the offense & game plan than helping Jared Goff. Olsen was the QB coach & was alswYs with Goff.

Now Matt Ryan was different. He was always with Ryan

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Meh

McVay is the reason our offense was so good. Those teams who poached our assistants are desperados.

Well I agree with McVay being the biggest difference, but both Matt & Olsen are quality coaches.
Olsen was just the Raiders & Jags OC. To have him as a QB coach for McVays rookie HC season was big.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yep I figured that if an opportunity became real that McVay would let him leave. They are close friends, and with him not calling plays there is zero reason to keep him from the promotion.

Congrats to Coach LaFleur and as we say in the Navy "Fair winds and following seas" to him and family.

That’s a saying out here past SF Bay.

-Well deserved. My thinking is what’s good move for Zach Kromer. He is a real young guy that was the right hand for his father. Dickerson from the old regime is a good O’line Coach as well.

Aaron Kromer Ran Da’Bears offense & has a lot of success. Waldon is a total McVay guy as he was with him with the Skins.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
McVay will never lack for a long line of asst coaches that are eager to come and work for him.

He’s created a perfect environment for talented up and comers.

He’s got this.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This sucks but good luck to LaFleur in Tennessee. As most have pointed out he was just the OC by name and McVay is running the show. He probably did have a hand in helping Goff though. I think he will do well for the Titans, they have a lot of weapons for him to work with.

The thing I’ll always remember about LaFleur & Goff was how during interviews they would both pack a big Wad of chew . I’m sure they shared a dip or too together.
Robert Quinn gets the award for having the biggest dip.When he spit out a wad during the preseason it looked like a cow paddie.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I’m not getting the parallel ?

Matt was the OC of The Rams last season , if anything you should have said that last season when he got promoted to OC under McVay.

MCVay had him call fames in the preseason & was still the OC last season.

McVay got promoted in the same system from QB coach to OC.

Matt helped put in a whole new offense with McVay ?? To say he does not have experience is silly.

Now if it was for the Titian’s HC postion which he first Applied for , then that would be a huge difference.
Lefleur called plays in the pre season? Where are you getting your info from? Not saying you’re wrong, but I never heard this.

Just because he held the title of OC doesn’t mean he can handle the job of play calling. He’s never been a play caller at the professional level. So yes, it will be a transition.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well we’re did McVay move from ??
HC is sure different than being a OC again. McVay is the controlling part of it.

Lineman had Olsen back in the day.
Right but what I'm saying if that just because matt hasn't done it doesn't mean he's gonna fail

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That’s a saying out here past SF Bay.

-Well deserved. My thinking is what’s good move for Zach Kromer. He is a real young guy that was the right hand for his father. Dickerson from the old regime is a good O’line Coach as well.

Aaron Kromer Ran Da’Bears offense & has a lot of success. Waldon is a total McVay guy as he was with him with the Skins.

Kromer is the key piece for McVay, yeah. Sean pretty much coordinates the passing game offense I am guessing, but relies pretty heavy on the run game coordinator. He was spoiled in Washington with Callahan, who is probably the best OL coach in this league, and continues to be spoiled with Kromer.

What will be interesting is what happens when a team knocks on the door for Kromer to be their OC. Because it's going to happen. And given the dropoff among OL coaches in this league I'm inclined to think Sean says no.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lefleur called plays in the pre season? Where are you getting your info from? Not saying you’re wrong, but I never heard this.

Just because he held the title of OC doesn’t mean he can handle the job of play calling. He’s never been a play caller at the professional level. So yes, it will be a transition.
He did in the last preseason game. Don’t have a source at hand but I remember the discussion.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
<------waits for "peeps" to come in and say that these coaches are jumping ship to go coach tractors.....

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The thing I’ll always remember about LaFleur & Goff was how during interviews they would both pack a big Wad of chew . I’m sure they shared a dip or too together.
Robert Quinn gets the award for having the biggest dip.When he spit out a wad during the preseason it looked like a cow paddie.

I was standing behind Sam Bradford in line at a convenience store next to Rams park once when he was buying chew... lol so gross.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

McVay had him call the plays the last preseason game for sure. You can go back & look at press conferences the week before & after. I think maybe a couple 4th qrt s as well ?

I think the bigger transition was coming to The RMs as OC If he would have got the HC position which he interviewed for it would have been a monster step up.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not familiar with him .You could be on to something though

It’s actually Zak Kromer He was not promoted , but The Rams don’t actually hVe a O’line coach listed except for Andy mDickerson.
Zak is listed as offense Quality control coach whatever that means.
As I watched he would get things set up with his father. He is really envoled on the sidelines. It looks like his dad will go up into th booth ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Kromer is the key piece for McVay, yeah. Sean pretty much coordinates the passing game offense I am guessing, but relies pretty heavy on the run game coordinator. He was spoiled in Washington with Callahan, who is probably the best OL coach in this league, and continues to be spoiled with Kromer.

What will be interesting is what happens when a team knocks on the door for Kromer to be their OC. Because it's going to happen. And given the dropoff among OL coaches in this league I'm inclined to think Sean says no.

It all depends, I don’t think The Rams are at the place the Seahags were when they lost parts of there coaching tree.

Kromer did a good job with Da’ Bears which surprised me that it took this long.

Matt was a different cat ? He was not that visual as I suppose he could have been.

Who is the TE’s coach ??
Who is the offensive line coach ??

Do they still both hold those responsibilities ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I was standing behind Sam Bradford in line at a convenience store next to Rams park once when he was buying chew... lol so gross.

Lol - good story . Sort of really funny observing something like that , knowing you probably wanted to make a remark .

I wonder what Fishers policy was on chew ? I didn’t notice before with Ram players in public ?

Fisher was a control freak & I think McVay brings such a fresh outlook to
The Rams organization. He is not afraid to make tough decisions & trust the people he surrounds himself with.