Tip of my cap to the mods

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I was vocal - and some might even say whiny about the decision to lock and delete threads with relocation talk.

It seemed foolish to make taboo the biggest story associated with the subject matter of this forum.

But as it turns out, it was by far the correct decision. This place remained about football - not local politics, not billionaire poker, not bylaws and legalese.

It was the right call - it really is quite difficult not to let emotions get the best of us - and it would have inevitably split the fans. As I sit over my cup of coffee this morning, I'm resolved not to take another step down that road towards this us against them mentality.

One of the best parts of being a Rams fan has been the diversity of the fan base. There was a map on this site (probably still is) of where we are all from and it's cool to see how many states and countries are covered. Any anger I have on this issue should be more singularly focused - the fans on all sides of this get a full pass from me from now on.

Anyway - not trying to start a discussion on it - just wanted to say thank you - and I'm sorry.

iced

mods suck

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I disagree with the original poster. During the season, yes, those topics should have been closed, but now all we have to talk about it who our new OC might be. And we are not allowed to talk about the only real story of the off season, because someone's feelings might get hurt. Start shutting down free speech, and people will find other places to express themselves. I now have to visit other websites to get all the Rams news, that I used to get here and here alone.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I disagree with the original poster. During the season, yes, those topics should have been closed, but now all we have to talk about it who our new OC might be. And we are not allowed to talk about the only real story of the off season, because someone's feelings might get hurt. Start shutting down free speech, and people will find other places to express themselves. I now have to visit other websites to get all the Rams news, that I used to get here and here alone.
Yeah - the off season is still not going to be open season on LA vs STL threads here. We have visited the various Rams sites and they are generally a mess with infighting or they are a mainly one city site hell bent on belittling the other city. ROD is here for Rams fans from all areas and we are not interested in putting two segments of our membership at odds with each other over this issue.

And FFS stop with the limiting of free speech bullshit. There is no such right on an internet board so if you don't like how a board is moderated, find another one. It is really that simple.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I was vocal - and some might even say whiny about the decision to lock and delete threads with relocation talk.

It seemed foolish to make taboo the biggest story associated with the subject matter of this forum.

But as it turns out, it was by far the correct decision. This place remained about football - not local politics, not billionaire poker, not bylaws and legalese.

It was the right call - it really is quite difficult not to let emotions get the best of us - and it would have inevitably split the fans. As I sit over my cup of coffee this morning, I'm resolved not to take another step down that road towards this us against them mentality.

One of the best parts of being a Rams fan has been the diversity of the fan base. There was a map on this site (probably still is) of where we are all from and it's cool to see how many states and countries are covered. Any anger I have on this issue should be more singularly focused - the fans on all sides of this get a full pass from me from now on.

Anyway - not trying to start a discussion on it - just wanted to say thank you - and I'm sorry.
I appreciate it 12. It is difficult for us as well. For all our effort to keep the subject from tearing apart the fan base here at ROD, we also have opinions on the subject and what has been happening that we are holding in check for what we feel is the best interest of the board.

VFerragamo

Cagey Veteran
Yeah - the off season is still not going to be open season on LA vs STL threads here. We have visited the various Rams sites and they are generally a mess with infighting or they are a mainly one city site hell bent on belittling the other city. ROD is here for Rams fans from all areas and we are not interested in putting two segments of our membership at odds with each other over this issue.

And FFS stop with the limiting of free speech bullcrap. There is no such right on an internet board so if you don't like how a board is moderated, find another one. It is really that simple.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

What RamFan503 said!

Let's keep this pure

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It just needs to be over, decided and done with. If this drags out much longer it becomes ridiculous.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Agree with the OP and it is not just the move topic. This is my primary board now because it is not filled with whiny, childish posts and constant knocks on everything about the team.

Yeah, we did not measure up this season. But this board looks forward with some objectivity and that is immensely valuable to me personally.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And FFS stop with the limiting of free speech bullcrap. There is no such right on an internet board so if you don't like how a board is moderated, find another one. It is really that simple.

Ignorance is bliss :D

FRO

Legend
I so want to reply to some of those articles on that thread though.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I do like the mods here. They do a nice job in every aspect, and it's refreshing to see. One of the main reasons I've kept posting here. I enjoy the members, I enjoy the staff. It's a great place to be from top to bottom.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
I also think it's being handled correctly here. When I need a Relo Fix I just pop over "there" and read about the tweets/rumours/theories/wild guessing etc.... When I've had enough of the name calling, which doesn't take long, I just come back here to read about football. Kudos to the Mods here.....

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Sooo, are the Rams going to find a quarterback in the off season? :whistle: