The Tavon Austin Appreciation Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
It's not Tavon's fault he was drafted that high and was offered that contract. Even though he never "clicked" as we expected (or hoped), he was a great personality, willing blocker, and arguably (even with today's roster) the most dangerous person with the ball in space.

Good luck in Dallas, cheers!! :cheers:

View: https://youtu.be/OSmRf9Yzzdc

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yep. He always seemed like a team guy too. Good luck TA. I just wish you had gone to a team I could actually enjoy you playing for.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Represented the Horns with class.
I love his enthusiasm as well. He seems like a guy that just loves to play the game.

socalrams90

Starter
Hope we let him know up front we would trade him or next time we need a player to do us a favor contract wise we won’t get shit.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hope we let him know up front we would trade him or next time we need a player to do us a favor contract wise we won’t get crap.
That’s silly. If he didn’t restructure they were going to release him. It didn’t cost him any money. He already got his bonus and guarantee. If he hits his bonus numbers he gets his full 8 mill.

TexasRam

Legend
One of the most exciting players to ever put on the horns. A+ class act when things went against him. Godspeed Bro! Much Success in Dallas and in all your endeavors.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
He took so much shit for something that has zero effect on the football field.

Dude produced, and did what he was asked of.

Some of the other players taken around him were Jon Cooper, Bark Mingo, Dee Millner, Chance Warmack, DJ Fluker, etc. None of these guys did anything so special that the Rams missed. And Tavon produced excellent PRs, his great 2015 season, and his role as a decoy on TGII runs.

Productive player for the team. Will miss him.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
He was a beacon of hope during some dark years of truly deplorable offensive football.
But times change.
Hope he gets his touches/chances.
a233(2).jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This is a great thread, and I wish him the best.

I know he isn't really a fit for this offense but remember the big gains and spectacular plays.

I hope he is successful.

I'll never forget the look on his face from a snapshot someone took when he was visiting SBailey in the hospital after the gunshot. The concern and feelings for his friend were written all over it. He had me at hello so to speak LOL.

He's a good dude, and and I hope he finds success.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Love the guy and wish him all the success in the world. It's too bad that pretty much everything that could go wrong while he was here, did go wrong. Bradford getting hurt '13 and '14, Foles flaming out in '15. The wheels completely coming off of the offense in '16.
His performance in '15 was exciting and he never gave any indication of being a malcontent when shit was going haywire.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
He took so much crap for something that has zero effect on the football field.

Dude produced, and did what he was asked of.

Some of the other players taken around him were Jon Cooper, Bark Mingo, Dee Millner, Chance Warmack, DJ Fluker, etc. None of these guys did anything so special that the Rams missed. And Tavon produced excellent PRs, his great 2015 season, and his role as a decoy on TGII runs.

Productive player for the team. Will miss him.

Nice

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep. He always seemed like a team guy too. Good luck TA. I just wish you had gone to a team I could actually enjoy you playing for.
You Cowboy hatin' SUMBICH! ~Rynie

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Good luck Tavon!

Thanks for the memory!*

*The memory;
That ONE three-touchdown performance against Indianapolis.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Good luck Tavon!

Thanks for the memory!*

*The memory;
That ONE three-touchdown performance against Indianapolis.

Yeah, I think Todd Gurleys highlight reels from the past 3 seasons will provide many good Tavon MEMORIES for years to come.

Even in a thread of appreciation for a tough, class act departing Ram, somebody has to come in with their nose in the air and piss all over it...

Besides, if you are going to reduce him down to one memory, its "the Mountaineer" w/ Bailey.
That play sums up Tavons time with us. His ability made that happen, and he cheered as his teammate got the TD. IIRC that play pushed us over the top against the Seahawks for our 1st win against them in years.