The future at QB in the NFC West

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know that I am supposed to agree that Andrew Luck is the greatest things since sliced bread, but the few times we face faced him, didn't we kill him? Like X says, he should love playing in that weak division...Shouldn't he ripping the NFL up by now?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I know that I am supposed to agree that Andrew Luck is the greatest things since sliced bread, but the few times we face faced him, didn't we kill him? Like X says, he should love playing in that weak division...Shouldn't he ripping the NFL up by now?

I only recall the one game whee TAustin blew up all over the Colts. I think Clemens had over 300 yards passing on 2 completions LOL.

That game was FUN to watch.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
What do you mean? Don't they get along?

Maybe they have matching Kangol caps who knows, but that's not getting Luck to AZ

I'm merely suggesting that speculating that Luck will try and reunite with Arians is every bit implausible as speculating Luck will be bound for LA

Why isn't the Future of QB play in the NFC West favoring the Rams instead of being positioned as doom and gloom?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
All that matters is the Rams getting a QB that can take this offense to new heights. If that happens, the pieces from staff on down are good on the other side of the ball and the other teams in the NFC West can suck it.

What makes Goff so attractive is his fit to what the Rams need: a guy who can get the ball to guys like Tavon on target in his miniscule catch radius. The fact that he idolizes Montana, wears his number, and looks destined to go to SF makes it even more enjoyable if the Rams can move up there and take him.

I seriously doubt the Rams find a better QB than Goff later in this draft. So yeah the OP is right that him going there would be a huge hit to the Rams. If that happens the Whiners will be a better team in short order and the Rams under Fish will never get out of the cellar.

So IMO the same truth remains here: every piece of logic imaginable points to the wisdom of the Rams trading up. Sad thing is if they do cut a deal we won't know about it until draft day, unless they go up to 1.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm merely suggesting that speculating that Luck will try and reunite with Arians is every bit implausible as speculating Luck will be bound for LA
QB and OC relationships have always been a factor.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Barring something unforeseen, Colts would franchise tag him into submission, finally forcing him to sign an extension before they would ever let him go.
Agents and players like Luck can transcend all that by forcing a trade, creating a PR nightmare etc...
If anyone really thinks that players of that caliber can be forced to play where they don't want to...i don't know what to tell ya. He'll be where he wants to be.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
A lot of fixation on the Andrew Luck speculation. The point was clearly missed.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
IMO for the next 3 years if Palmer is standing up the division belongs to the Cardinals.
Yeah that was part of the original point. Wilson in Seattle, either Goff or Wentz in SF and Palmer in AZ with an outside chance that Luck winds up there in 2 years. Meanwhile the Rams could be left holding their dicks in the wind at QB.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah that was part of the original point. Wilson in Seattle, either Goff or Wentz in SF and Palmer in AZ with an outside chance that Luck winds up there in 2 years. Meanwhile the Rams could be left holding their dicks in the wind at QB.
giphy.gif