The future at QB in the NFC West

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Something to think about....

Seattle is set with Russell Wilson who, despite some of the hating is a legit franchise QB and is only 27 yrs old.

SF will in all likelihood end up with either Goff or Wentz. Both QB's look to be the real deal to me.

Then there's AZ who will ride the Carson Palmer train as long as they can. He's too old to be considered a franchise QB but he's a legit starter who has proven he can win games consistently and take his team to the playoffs. Palmer is essentially under contract through the 2017 season.

Here's where it could get interesting...or scary if you're a Rams fan. There's a certain QB currently playing in Indianapolis who is scheduled to become an UFA in 2017. His rookie season he played for then offensive coordinator/interim HC Bruce Arians. Speculation on my part i admit, but i have heard some local whispers about this and you have to admit it makes a lot of sense. As much as i can't stand the arrogant prick, if i'm an NFL QB i want to play for Arians in Arizona.

Wilson, Goff, Luck.
Rams.....????

Things could get really ugly real soon if the Rams don't get this QB thing solved. Just sayin.

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
Valid point, AZ will likely have to pay some big money to snatch Luck away. I believe Indy will pay big money to keep him, I hope.

This draft will be a fun one to watch. I'm hoping a QB slides to us at 15, but ultimately, I think the Rams will have to trade up. I"m okay with it, just hope they don't give up too much to do so. It's time we get a QB.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly. Steal Goff/Wentz from the 49ers. Let them move forward with a franchise destroying HC and Gabbert or Kaepernick.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Luck will never hit free agency. Never ever.

I agree. There is at least one season they could afford the franchise tag, if forced to use it.

It would have to get pretty ugly for both parties to go down that road.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I can't recall a time I wanted the Rams to draft a QB more than now. Maybe 2010 when we drafted Bradford?

Goff or Wentz... Me want bad.

Pape

UDFA
Luck will never hit free agency. Never ever.

This ^

The owner there in Indy has already indicated that the Colts will throw just about every dollar they can at Luck. Even if the Colts cant sign him long term right away, they will franchise him, all three times if necessary.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He can do whatever he wants to.

I guess if they franchise tag him or outspend the Cardinals they could sway him to stay. Luck in Arizona would literally suck, but it would serve the Colts right because of them tanking a season to get him. I wouldn't be sad about that part.

Having him Arizona would only raise the QB bar for whomever it the Head coach of the Rams.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Interesting hypothesis, but I'm with others in that I don't think the Colts let him escape. There would have to be a really fractured relationship between the two in order for those wheels to get set in motion. And why would he wanna play outside the softest division in the history of the world anyway? 6 games against the Titans, Jags and Texans? Yes please!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
the Colts right because of them tanking a season to get him.

You do realise Caldwell was sacked after that season don't you? You think he told the players to lose? So he could lose his job? Really? Is that what you think?

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Luck in Arizona would literally suck, but it would serve the Colts right because of them tanking a season to get him.

That was the year Manning sat out the whole year. DO not think they tanked on purpose. Neither Caldwell or Pollen are that unprofessional.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That was the year Manning sat out the whole year. DO not think they tanked on purpose. Neither Caldwell or Pollen are that unprofessional.
That, and if you're gonna tank, why win 2 of the last 3 games?
Just tank.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
This ^

The owner there in Indy has already indicated that the Colts will throw just about every dollar they can at Luck. Even if the Colts cant sign him long term right away, they will franchise him, all three times if necessary.

Yep, Luck ain't going nowhere. he's gonna be a rich man in Indy. The Rams still need to address the quarterback position though. But if they're rolling with Keenum, they gotta get him some targets. Britt is an occasional big play guy. Tavon's a nice gimmick guy. Quick is a bump on a log. And it gets worse from there.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You do realise Caldwell was sacked after that season don't you? You think he told the players to lose? So he could lose his job? Really? Is that what you think?

I think that NFL coaches are very competitive and want to win. However, NFL coaching jobs are very hard to come by and if an owner tells you to tank, a guy that is desperate enough may just do it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

How do we really know. We don't know them personally. We really have no idea what goes on behind closed doors. When money is involved people do things that aren't right, nor necessarily good for them. Just look at all the baseball players that were on steroids and how many people say they would have done it too, because those players became stars and got paid huge amounts of money. It is a different world.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Arians is closer to trotting out Matt Barkley as a stater than Luck

Luck is more likely to be a LA Ram than a cardinal just cause of Arians

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Luck will be the first QB to get 30MIL a year I think. Unless he plays crappy like last year, but of course he had a serious injury with the kidney laceration.

He's gonna get paid major cheddar.