The Forgotten Man: Why WR Marquez North is a Ram to keep an eye on this summer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I have hopes for guys like North and Spruce. But I've followed this game long enough to know that undrafted players doing well are more of the exception than the rule. Doesn't happen very often. There's usually a reason they were not drafted.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
But I've followed this game long enough to know that undrafted players doing well are more of the exception than the rule. Doesn't happen very often. There's usually a reason they were not drafted.
Injuries and lack of production for North....Measurables for Spruce...

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I know there's a lot of us here at ROD rooting for Spruce. A guy with the reputation for catching the ball, an ablity sorely lacking in Rams WR's the past few years, and will be the reason Spruce makes the team.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well it looks like North is gone !!!

Well -- being The Rams were light at WR it made sense to think he might have a chance to make the 53 man squad.

Reynolds & copper Kupp to care of that.

Finally The Rams got rid of Rhaney !!!

Chase Reynolds ? Rhaney had to go imo or The Rams would not go over .500 .

Showed a lack of depth.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well it looks like North is gone !!!

He never had a chance to make this roster. This year the last cut will be Spruce or Cooper and whichever one it is will be picked up quickly by another team for at least a look see.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I think Spruce is the odd man out thus far. Seems like this team wants fast pace measurables, and don't want to be in the lets wait and see seat. Disagree all you like but "real" production is what counts...

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Steez-- You think there are 6 WR's that run better routes and catch the ball better than Spruce?

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Steez-- You think there are 6 WR's that run better routes and catch the ball better than Spruce?

Are we talking besides preseason? Then yes there are.

I'm going to need more. Not convinced. Yet...

Last edited:

Ramification

Happy at the Coliseum again
Are we talking besides preseason? Then yes there are.

I'm going to need more. Not convinced. Yet...

Bubba's question was limited to routes and hands, which shouldn't be much different from preseason to regular season. So who are the six who run better routes AND have better hands than Spruce?

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Bubba's question was limited to routes and hands, which shouldn't be much different from preseason to regular season. So who are the six who run better routes AND have better hands than Spruce?

If you're talking about winning games that count as W-L yes there is a huge difference when game difficulty is turned up a notch. Lol kidding me?...Choose your 6 out of the 11 that are currently on the roster.

Ramification

If you're talking about winning games that count as W-L yes there is a huge difference when game difficulty is turned up a notch. Lol kidding me?...Choose your 6 out of the 11 that are currently on the roster.

Well, OK. Odd rules, but I'll play. Based on Bubba's routes and hands question and now using your criteria of W-L in regular season games without regard to preseason performance, it's Woods, Austin, Cooper, Spruce, Thomas and Marquez. Kupp, Reynolds, Ryan, haven't played either pre or regular season NFL games, so I guess we can't know. McRoberts and Shippen were less impressive than Spruce in preseason.

Again, who are your six with better routes AND hands than Spruce?

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Not Spruce so far, not Ryan or Shippen either. I think the dynamics change drastically when you want to compare production on a real game scale. Its like going from Novice ie. matador defense mode, to I am on your ass going to pick you off advance mode. So yes those 3 have more to prove. Doesn't mean McRoberts or Marquez, Pharoh can get demoted, but thats for McVay to decide...

Ramification

Not Spruce so far, not Ryan or Shippen either. I think the dynamics change drastically when you want to compare production on a real game scale. Its like going from Novice ie. matador defense mode, to I am on your ass going to pick you off advance mode. So yes those 3 have more to prove. Doesn't mean McRoberts or Marquez, Pharoh can get demoted, but thats for McVay to decide...

It's OK if you don't want to answer my question which is based on Bubba's specific question. I think it's a good one because it might be on point as to McVay's thinking, but I'll let it go.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
It's OK if you don't want to answer my question which is based on Bubba's specific question. I think it's a good one because it might be on point as to McVay's thinking, but I'll let it go.

Jesus the question is null at this point! Lol, wait did I miss something? Really guys, was Spruce playing last season? Did he contribute anything legitimate? Especially good route running, and hands. Its ok to root the boy on to make the roster, but don't stroke his ego and blow smoke up where the sun don't shine. I will eat crow, all you can eat buffet if he can get past pre-season and show good route running and hands, ok???

Honestly I get the question but in comparison doesn't hold water regardless, he is fighting for a job just like the others. End of story.

Ramification

Jesus the question is null at this point! Lol, wait did I miss something? Really guys, was Spruce playing last season? Did he contribute anything legitimate? Especially good route running, and hands. Its ok to root the boy on to make the roster, but don't stroke his ego and blow smoke up where the sun don't shine. I will eat crow, all you can eat buffet if he can get past pre-season and show good route running and hands, ok???

Honestly I get the question but in comparison doesn't hold water regardless, he is fighting for a job just like the others. End of story.

Read: I cannot name six WRs on this roster who run better routes AND have better hands than Spruce.

Edit: just messing with you for no good reason, Steezy. Don't be mad.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Read: I cannot name six WRs on this roster who run better routes AND have better hands than Spruce.

Draper_02.gif

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He never had a chance to make this roster. This year the last cut will be Spruce or Cooper and whichever one it is will be picked up quickly by another team for at least a look see.

I think they both make it !!!

Robinson is gone now . One more WR vs Offensive lineman

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think they both make it !!!

Robinson is gone now . One more WR vs Offensive lineman

Who were yours again ??

I think The Rams carry 7 WR if these top 7 stay healthy .