Terry Bradshaw on Peyton Manning: If you like losing Super Bowls, he’s your guy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramatik

Starter
And...

As far as Bradshaw goes. The guy is losing it. Is he worried about becoming irrelevant? Are they thinking about dropping him from the show?

Why the idiocy lately?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Bradshaw gets off on showing his ignorance, I think..
Yeah that's one of his PD pre-requisites filled.
Bradshaw should have a 48 hour filter on all his ideas and a special team of people to bounce his ideas off of before they are ready for public consumption,that'd help.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I was praying the author would get to this little factoid:

Among Bradshaw’s postseason stat lines were a 5-for-10, 80-yard, one-touchdown, two-interception game in a loss to the Dolphins, a 12-for-25, 167-yard, two-touchdown, three-interception game in a loss to the Raiders, a 14-for-35, 176-yard, zero-touchdown, one-interception game in another loss to the Raiders, and a 19-for-37, 177-yard, one-touchdown, three-interception game in a loss to the Broncos.

Just proof positive that it takes more than one dude to win a game.
How did Denver's defense do in Manning's last Super Bowl?
How did his center do?
How did their special teams do?

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
I was praying the author would get to this little factoid:

Among Bradshaw’s postseason stat lines were a 5-for-10, 80-yard, one-touchdown, two-interception game in a loss to the Dolphins, a 12-for-25, 167-yard, two-touchdown, three-interception game in a loss to the Raiders, a 14-for-35, 176-yard, zero-touchdown, one-interception game in another loss to the Raiders, and a 19-for-37, 177-yard, one-touchdown, three-interception game in a loss to the Broncos.

Just proof positive that it takes more than one dude to win a game.
How did Denver's defense do in Manning's last Super Bowl?
How did his center do?
How did their special teams do?

I'm honestly surprised anyone would give Bradshaw a pass on this bull. The dude played with arguably the greatest defense of all time. I know it's the Fox guys' schtick to stir up controversy, but the idea that Peyton is somehow solely responsible for his teams' playoff losses is anathema to Bradshaw's entire playoff career and how it proves the converse.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm honestly surprised anyone would give Bradshaw a pass on this bull. The dude played with arguably the greatest defense of all time. I know it's the Fox guys' schtick to stir up controversy, but the idea that Peyton is somehow solely responsible for his teams' playoff losses is anathema to Bradshaw's entire playoff career and how it proves the converse.
There's always going to be that "post-season choker" mantra associated with guys like Manning and Marino and Kelly. No matter which way the pendulum swings, it always centers at the QB, and they're going to get all of the glory and all of the blame. I'm honestly surprised that the other 51 dudes don't get fed-up with the epic glossing over of their respective accomplishments, but I guess they also get to escape scrutiny when the QB gets blamed for everything too. :confused:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
There's always going to be that "post-season choker" mantra associated with guys like Manning and Marino and Kelly. No matter which way the pendulum swings, it always centers at the QB, and they're going to get all of the glory and all of the blame. I'm honestly surprised that the other 51 dudes don't get fed-up with the epic glossing over of their respective accomplishments, but I guess they also get to escape scrutiny when the QB gets blamed for everything too. :confused:

Well sometimes the fact is a QB can carry a team that far (championship) but then if his team is flawed they lose, Elway won back to back once he had a great runner, he got the Broncos there repeatedly basically by himself but the best from the NFC was just better and he got hosed

PrometheusFaulk

Starter

IMO, especially among offensive linemen, there's a certain kind of pride with knowing that you and your linemates are responsible for the success of a play while all the folks in the stands are watching the ball. Like knowing a secret no one else is in on.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I find it hilarious that people slam Manning for "only one SB ring".

First of all... HE HAS ONE! Let's not act like he's some sort of choke artist. He's frigging won a Super Bowl!

Second... He's gotten deeper into playoffs on some teams that probably wouldn't have made it that far without him. Oh, yeah, that's his fault!

But, some people think team = quarterback. No surprise Bradshaw's ego is in the same space.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I don't know what Mannings cap hit is but I have a feeling it's hard for his teams to sign enough quality players.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I don't know what Mannings cap hit is but I have a feeling it's hard for his teams to sign enough quality players.

This is a good point. There is no doubt as to how talented Manning is, but his salary does make it much harder to keep/sign a lot of other talent. Indy basically stocked the team with offensive talent around him and hoped to outscore other teams. Sound familiar? Denver on the other hand, has mortgaged the future to win now by signing pretty much every player on the planet in a championship or bust 2014 season.

Peyton is an amazing QB who has played the entirety of his career in crappy divisions beating up on teams he should beat, then losing to better TEAMS in the playoffs/SB. Bradshaw was a very good QB in a completely different (and salary cap-less) era, who had possibly the best defense in history on the same sideline. It would be interesting to see how Bradshaw and Manning would have done with each others teams.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Peyton Manning is the greatest QB I've seen. Don't care about Super Bowl wins. That's a team accomplishment.

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
Well sometimes the fact is a QB can carry a team that far (championship) but then if his team is flawed they lose, Elway won back to back once he had a great runner, he got the Broncos there repeatedly basically by himself but the best from the NFC was just better and he got hosed
Actually I despise Elway.He benefited from a weak AFC and thin air.That's why the Oilers would destroy them when they came to Houston.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The QB is kind of like the head. Take it out and the body will die. Seattle totally took Peyton out of the game as the Giants did to Brady. The offense died. I don't put that on the QB as I have never seen a better one than Peyton. Bradshaw is just a clown. An entertaining clown but a clown none the less.

All that being said, fuck Brady and anything patsies.

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
The only issue that I have with Manning is he relies too much on his arm.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
The thing about Manning is that he likes to strike first and build on a lead, and he's played most of his games that way. He has marginal experience playing in a close fourth quarter game where there's adversity, and you can see him tighten up a bit because he's not used to it. He's a perfectionist, and relies on precise execution and preparation, but I'm not sure how much they prepare for when things don't go as planned.

In contrast, Eli has played in a lot of shitty games where the Giants are losing, he's turning the ball over, and they're down in the 4th quarter. Eli is more relaxed in situations as such, and he relied on that experience when he got hot in the playoffs.

Now, I would like to say that I do not think Eli is better than Peyton and am not suggesting it, so don't make this an Eli vs Peyton debate unless you want to, but that's not my intention. This is just my observation on how these two played those situations.

SierraRam

Recreational User
I generally like Bradshaw, but from time to time, he says something really really stupid. This counts as one of those times.

I suppose in his view, Jim Kelly and Dan Marino rank amongst the worst QBs ever due to lack of Super Bowl success.

Exactly! Throw in Sir Francis Tarkington. I'd take any of those guys over TB. Elway lost a couple before they put a complete team around him, too.

Manning is twice the QB as Bradshaw - period. Take your meds Terry.