Tavon Austin Traded

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
USATSI_9001667-450x300.jpg

I AM LES SNEAD!!! BY THE POWER OF THE FLOWING AWESOMENESS OF MY GOLDEN LOCKS, ROUND SIX IS HENCEFORTH KNOWN AS THE SNEADTH ROUND!!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
FWIW spotrac.com is crediting us with a $3 million space created and a $4 million cap hit dead money.

/shrug

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
With Cooks, we just do not need him for those jet sweeps

Hated that trade up and pick, but thought he would do better. We made a complete hash of that draft, we so many good players taken where we should have picked

Last edited:

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I will be enjoying many brews tonight giggling of joy thinking about this excellent move. So happy. Currently this is my beer in the fridge

Unknown-4.jpeg

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Good luck to Tavon, except when he plays against us.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My boss is a Cowgirls fan and just texted me a 4 letter word followed by "you". I'm not sure what he means :D

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, I don't like it. I don't see the upside in getting rid of him after the restructure. We save no money, and he could still have provided some explosive plays. Sure, we free up a roster spot and get a late pick....but we have to strike gold to make up for the threat

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Crazy how all over the map the Rams have been with there evaluation of TA. They were way to high on him for years and now honestly they placed his value way to low IMO.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Not really sure what to think about this move. Why restructure? Why not trade him earlier . It's not like Dallas gave up anything significant for him. TA hasn't really produced in the last couple years so it is what it is at this point. Wish him the best of luck

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't like Tavon - but unless the Rams warned him before the restructure that they might still trade him, I don't think this is a classy move. He didn't have to be restructured, was already guaranteed $5 million, and then signed a deal to benefit the Rams instead of being a free agent. If a player does the team a favor, you don't screw him in return.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Seems odd to restructure and then only get a 6th from the former #8 pick.
I know many probably love this but I don't. What a waste of talent.

nighttrain

Legend
I don't like Tavon - but unless the Rams warned him before the restructure that they might still trade him, I don't think this is a classy move. He didn't have to be restructured, was already guaranteed $5 million, and then signed a deal to benefit the Rams instead of being a free agent. If a player does the team a favor, you don't screw him in return.
he gets his money and goes where he is wanted, i dont see the problem
train

baconandbread

Let's get the Karty party starty
he gets his money and goes where he is wanted, i dont see the problem
train
I was about to say the same thing. There isn't any skillset of Tavon that hasn't been replaced on the roster with the combination of Cooks, Kelly and Cooper.