Steadman Bailey Suspended For Violating Substance Abuse Policy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I still think Stedman can really play and that the team has not used him (any of the WRs, really....) properly or developed schemes to put him in a position to succeed. But this might be it for him in a Rams uniform.

Maybe someone else can step up and shine in his absence. But I doubt it. We don't throw the ball. Even Julio Jones wouldn't be doing much in this offense until we're willing to pass the rock.

I'm not sure how the Rams look at it, but for me, the second time would require him to become unemployed

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
For pot. For fuck's sake Sted. How stupid do you have to be to get suspended multiple times in your NFL career for a recreational habit?

RamzFanz

Damnit
We should clear all WRs and TEs off this roster not named Tavon Austin and Corey Harkey.

Britt is a good #3. Dude had a bad spell this season, but he's also had some really good plays. Take the heat off him and he's even better I would bet. I was hoping Quick would do that, but no.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We should clear all WRs and TEs off this roster not named Tavon Austin and Corey Harkey.
I think your getting just a little carried-away! We still have the entire 2nd half of the season to go! And I like Britt and have high hopes for Quick!
I do wish they'd bench Cook though!!

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I will be disappointed if he is not cut here relatively soon. There's just no excuse for this. People make mistakes and that's fine but this is his second time now. Just like Watts, he needs to go immediately. It's not like we are going to miss him on offense anyway. He's barely had any catches or targets. We won't miss him except on special teams. But with this being his second violation, would any of you resign him when his contract is up? Nope. Might as well cut him now. Time to send a message.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Shitty news, but it's not like this is going to effect the offense. We needed help at the position before this news came out.
Watching that Cowboys/Eagles game last night...and when Bryant made that play in the endzone, TAKING that ball from everyone around him...we don't have anyone on the roster who can come anywhere near making plays like that. No one.
We are very pedestrian at WR.

maximus

Rookie
crappy news, but it's not like this is going to effect the offense. We needed help at the position before this news came out.
Watching that Cowboys/Eagles game last night...and when Bryant made that play in the endzone, TAKING that ball from everyone around him...we don't have anyone on the roster who can come anywhere near making plays like that. No one.
We are very pedestrian at WR.

When Dez was doubled, the Cowboys slot receiver did major damage. Welker is the daddy of all them slot receivers. I would sign him in a heartbeat. Going by reports he wants to play. Let him play.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
How to pass a random: Drink fluids for the hour before your test, if you have a chance to pee without being seen, go. Then claim shy bladder at time of test, and take the extra hour to drink more fluid. Next, give mid-stream. Not beginning, not end. Just mid.
It is nobodies fucking business if you smoked pot on your fucking time off the clock.

Big Pharma.
Big Corrections.
Big interests are at play here.
Companies could apparently give a fuck if you are actually impaired on the job anymore.
They just want the insurance rate discount that comes with having a testing program.

Tests are out there to determine if employees are impaired by pot. And they are cheaper tests. Companies have been instructed to not bend.
land of the free.
#FuckTheWarOnDrugs

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Please stay classy, Rams fans. As far as I'm publicly concerned, pot legalization is a political issue & has no place on ROD.
As far as I'm privately concerned, drugs have destroyed families, companies, teams, churches, etc., and yes, countless personal lives. Including most "recreational" drugs. Let's not go there either.

So, Stedman, a guy I had hopes for too, is likely a goner. Goodbye, "Mountaineer". Givens is gone. Quick, for all intents & purposes, it's year 4, he's a bust. Britt is a good #2 / #3. Tavon is a great #2 / RB kinda guy, but not a #1 like a Dez or Julio or A.J. or even Amari. I've praised Snisher's drafting before, but their record on WR's is atrocious, not even UDFA's stick. Not seen Marquez personally, but he'll have to step up. Welker? Ooof. Nicks? Maybe he has something left, we'll have to see I guess... :(

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
I've said it before. How much money does it take before you can say no?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
hmmmm, wonder if Sted & Watt hang out? I wonder if Jenkins hangs with them?

Seriously, I look at stats....I know sted could be better...I think he's the best slot receiver on the team...I think our QB can't find any of our targets in the critical moments....so sted was wasted...literally on the field...he'll be missed, but easily replaced....

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
very disappointed in Bailey, I really like the guy on the field, but this is just stupid - really don't know what to say. If its PEDs, then I'm disgusted. use your brain

Memphis Ram

Legend
Cut him? Sadly enough, they are probably going to need him again when (if) Welker goes down.

BTW, Bailey was a pretty decent gunner on special teams. I wonder who takes his place?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

WHAT THE PROBLEM MAN?

bailey will have plenty of time now to enjoy his favourite pastime.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Some thoughts.....

QUOTE="BonifayRam, post: 660321, member: 573"]I am not too worried here. The next man up......Bradley Marquez who has been killing it on all Special Teams all season[/QUOTE]

Rams new 2 weeks ago. It is why his offensive reps went up.

Medicating: self medicating is so much bigger than we think. Violent game.

Unlike baseball, where it is based on longevity; it is about getting paid now, if you are lucking you get paid sometime in year 1-5. Unless you are a super star or thought to be ( 1st ( top 160 round draft Choice.