Steadman Bailey Suspended For Violating Substance Abuse Policy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Irish

Starter
Suspended from what? The Rams have been rostering wide receivers this year?

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Good friggin' grief...

charliebrown2.jpg

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Suspended from what? The Rams have been rostering wide receivers this year?
Hahaha! I know right? He's been suspended from sitting on the bench all season.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Looking more and more like the Rams will be taking a WR in the 1st Round of the draft. We desperately need a #1 target.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gonna come right out and admit it: I was wrong about Stedman Bailey. Thought we really had a diamond in the rough with him but he's a JAG who is probably not going to turn it on until it's his contract season.

I've had enough man. If I'm Snead and Fish I draft three WRs this year if that is what it takes to hit on one.
Count me in among the fans who thought he'd surprise a lot of people.

It feels to me like this is happening (suspensions for substance abuse) at an increasing rate lately with the Rams.

Points to a larger potential issue: Discipline.

As far as drafting more WRs...

Unless we get a new HC and OC and our QB has a great second half of the season, it won't matter.

I'm sorry... it just won't.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Such a dumb decision. That's why we must be working out WRs.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am not too worried here. The next man up......Bradley Marquez who has been killing it on all Special Teams all season. Believe this receiver can move & has some amazing speed & power for a smaller guy. Stedman might just loose his 3rd WR spot when this is all done once Bradley shows what he can do to help this pathetic offense.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looking more and more like the Rams will be taking a WR in the 1st Round of the draft. We desperately need a #1 target.
Laquon Treadwell Ole Miss. to come back from that nasty injury and stay at the same level of play shows toughness and desire. kinda like todd gurley. seems the Rams need someone who can get separation quickly so Foles will throw to him.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am not too worried here. The next man up......Bradley Marquez who has been killing it on all Special Teams all season. Believe this receiver can move & has some amazing speed & power for a smaller guy. Stedman might just loose his 3rd WR spot when this is all done once Bradley shows what he can do to help this pathetic offense.
i think he had 1 catch yesterday. i've liked his hustle all season. always around the ball on ST's.

FRO

Legend
We should clear all WRs and TEs off this roster not named Tavon Austin and Corey Harkey.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I still think Stedman can really play and that the team has not used him (any of the WRs, really....) properly or developed schemes to put him in a position to succeed. But this might be it for him in a Rams uniform.

Maybe someone else can step up and shine in his absence. But I doubt it. We don't throw the ball. Even Julio Jones wouldn't be doing much in this offense until we're willing to pass the rock.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
You guys are worried about him on offense, but some of his best playing was on special teams.

Big Willie

Starter
Let's do the math.... Stedman makes roughly $729,000 a year. He stands to lose about $182,250 this year because he can't follow the rules and doesn't know how to cheat the drug testing system. This is the second time this has happened to Bailey in his 2 1/2 years in the league. He is an average to below average receiver (based on catches over that period) and the average length NFL career is 3.3 years. By my best guess he has lost over $270,000 because of some kind of drug. While he still has a chance to get a second contract, it is unlikely that most teams will give more more that two years at the league minimum after his contract expires in 2016. In other words....wtf Bailey. Is you crazy for throwing away that much money?