Snead and Waufle at Clowneys Pro Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I think Clowney can start shopping for homes in the greater Houston area. With all of the "top" QBs having question marks I think HOU grabs the most talented player in the draft at #1.

Agree. Mayock said he doesn't think Houston even knows what they are gonna do yet.

That just changed.

This is Reggie White, Bruce Smith territory.

They will start talking about what the Rams are gonna do at #2 with Clowney off the board very soon.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm all in on Clowney.

I really like Robinson, but I highly doubt we get compensated adequately for passing on Clowney.

If CLE through in both first rounds picks then I'd pull the trigger, though.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I think Clowney can start shopping for homes in the greater Houston area. With all of the "top" QBs having question marks I think HOU grabs the most talented player in the draft at #1.

If HOU takes Clowney then our #2 pick loses a lot of value. We NEED them to take a QB.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If HOU takes Clowney then our #2 pick loses a lot of value. We NEED them to take a QB.

Part of me agrees.

Another part of me thinks; now the whole QB class is available. Teams that might have wrote off Bortles now rethink their options.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tania Ganguli
Asked how miserable he'd make #Texans if they passed on him & the Jags drafted him, Clowney says, smiling, "I have to make them miserable."
  • 11:50 AM
    8392e73d-32f0-40cd-aa40-f8a84e9e7bc2.jpg

twitter.png
    SportsNation

In honor of Jadeveon Clowney's pro day here is his famous hit...on repeat.!

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
If the Rams get Clowney and play him on the same side as Quinn, Chris Long will get 20 sacks.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Oh me oh my! The Rams just have to draft Clowney now!

A pro day won't change anyone's mind. The Rams have 2 good DEs under contract and it isn't likely they draft a third one with the second overall pick to be a part time player. They will get a haul from Atlanta if Clowney is not a Texan.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame

I think if they were smart, they would take him. I'm not that impressed with any of the QBs. Bortles might be good with proper coaching, but is that worth risking the #1 pick for him? I don't think so.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think if Clowney is still there at #2, and the Rams indeed draft a player at #2, it has to be Clowney. But with Clowney there at #2, the Rams will most certainly have wonderful trade options on the table. I'm good either way.

If I was Bradford and the Rams drafted Clowney I'd ask for a trade while the Jags were still on the clock, we're poor at WR, TE and a guy I've never heard of is going to be my LT for a few guys next season and you take a 3rd DE?

byebyemalesmileysmileyemoticon000291large.gif

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I think if they were smart, they would take him. I'm not that impressed with any of the QBs. Bortles might be good with proper coaching, but is that worth risking the #1 pick for him? I don't think so.
But if the Texans take Clowney at #1, what are they going to do at QB this year, play Fitzpatrick ... really?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is it just me or does it seem like it's been Rams coaches that have worked out all the top prospects at their pro days?

I guess it's because Boudreau and Waufle are such good, veteran coaches.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
If I was Bradford and the Rams drafted Clowney I'd ask for a trade while the Jags were still on the clock, we're poor at WR, TE and a guy I've never heard of is going to be my LT for a few guys next season and you take a 3rd DE?

byebyemalesmileysmileyemoticon000291large.gif

But the Rams could turn around and say, the Seahawks had a trade worked out for the next pick IF we didn't take him.