Rank the Rams Top 10 Players

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
I like this list myself. Hard for me to agree with any of this posts that do not have the name MARK BARRON contained in it. Sad 3 on this list will be UFA's in a few months. Your so funny:D LACHAMP46 on your Jared Cook comment.

Find it strange that 6 of the 7 top paid Rams are absent from the above lists.

DE Chris Long approx. 26 million 16/17
QB Nick Foles approx 22 million 16/17
TE Jared Cook is due approx. 16.7 million for 16/17
MLB James Laurinaitis approx. 14.75 million 16/17
OG Rodger Saffold is due 12.2 million for 16/17 seasons
All five should be released or traded
train

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
1. Donald
2. Gurley
3. Austin
4. Quinn
5. Ogletree
6. Barron
7. Hekker
8. McDonald
9. Johnson
10. Jenkins

7 defense, 2 offense, 1 special team. This list needs to be evened out a bit - and we need one of our 10 best to be a QB.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Donald
Gurley
Austin
McDonald
Brockers
Quinn
Johnson
Jenkins
Barron
Hecker

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT
1 Donald
2 Gurley (Imagine what he is going to do when the Rams OL gets its act together)
3 Olgeltree (He was leading the team in tackles by a wide margin and having a monster year before getting injured.)
4 Quinn
5 Austin
6 Hekker
7 Brockers
8 TruJo
9 Janoris
10 Barron/McDonald
The Rams need a QB on this list.

We do...at #6 ;)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Find it strange that 6 of the 7 top paid Rams are absent from the above lists.

DE Chris Long approx. 26 million 16/17
QB Nick Foles approx 22 million 16/17
TE Jared Cook is due approx. 16.7 million for 16/17
MLB James Laurinaitis approx. 14.75 million 16/17
OG Rodger Saffold is due 12.2 million for 16/17 seasons

Dude. You just totally ruined my morning. So painful.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

why isn't foles on any of the lists?

I briefly considered a troll list with headlined by him and Cook but then thought better of it. :p

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
In reviewing the above list I did not see CB Janoris Jenkins being named as a top 5.

Bit odd but I know his game against the Bucs was not one of his better games. But to the point here Rams have both their starting CB's entering free agency in March. IMO the Rams stand to loose both very early this march leaving only Robinson, Joyner & a big unknown surgically repaired EJ Gaines. I would not advocate the tagging Trumaine but I feel differently that most here & would consider Janoris. I would have placed Janoris Jenkins in the top 5 of my list.

http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/johnson-vs-jenkins.41936/page-2#post-681326
Trumaine Johnson in the above poll seems to be this forums main CB but I think that JJ is the much better overall talent by a large amount.
Dude. You just totally ruined my morning. So painful.
Cheer up Merlin due to Demoff's brain power inserted in the writings of those future $$$ due..Rams can release most of them without much of a large dead money hit. Thats a ton of future cap $$$ contained in those contracts.

Injuries,wear & tear & age have accumulated on once good producing Rams... ...Long, Saffold & JL. The Jared Cook & Nick Foles signings IMO were just plain bad. Rams could be very active in FA if most of these above listed contracts were dissolved. But as we know FA'cy & the Rams usually turns out nasty tasting.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
all your lists are good - seems pointless adding mine as it's a re-working of everyone else's (but I will anyway ;) ) !!

1. Donald (the guy has just blown open the NFL with his play)
2. Quinn (I find it difficult finding a better player at his position)
3. Austin (he's starting to prove his worth - Rushing, Receiving, Punt Returning the guy just has it all)
4. Hekker (probably the best punter in the league, he's kept us out from humiliating defeats many a time - he can also throw a mean pass too!)
5. Gurley (he's got the "X" factor and I know he's going to improve)
6. Ogletree (this would have been a career season for him - damn you the god of injuries...)
7. Jenkins (he's turned out a stellar performance this year and we need to keep him)
8. Brockers (Does his job beautifully, makes Donald, Quinn and Long better for being there)
9. Tru Johnson (loving our CBs this year - ohh and yeh Calvin Johnson who?)
10. Barron (he's settling into his new position and hopefully we keep him for next year)

We have such an outstanding core of players, thats what makes our season results so hard to swallow...

This one's got it for me.

Easy to see why the our season's results didn't match the hype: If a QB had even APPEARED on this list we'd probably be talking about making the playoffs. As it is, only 2 offensive players make the list, an RB and a (albeit fantastic) multi-tool player. If Grob and / or Foles were on the list, we wouldn't be eulogizing the Rams in this manner with 2 games left to play.

I *might* put Havenstein on this list instead of Barron--though Barron has had a great year as well, Havenstein's emergence as a plus-rated RT cannot be underestimated. Reynolds deserves some kudos for his play, but he can't replace Barron in this list.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
New guy. Been hiding in the tall grass viewing ROD for quite a while. Finally climbed through the window to join my brothers.

1. Aaron the man
  2. Gurley
  3. Mighty Quinn
  4. Tavon the underused
  5. Hekker- best in NFL
  6. Brockers
  7. McDonald
  8. Ogletree
  9. Trumaine
  10. Janoris
I've wanted to start such lists in the past. I will open a thread soon such as top ten Ram qbs all time, centers, punters. I did this for a while earlier this year with my dad before he died to pass the time and keep his brain exercised. I used a Ram all time roster. It was kind of fun once you get past the first few obvious names. Especially for us guys that can remember the 70's teams.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Gurley
Donald
Quinn
Austin
Jenkins
Johnson
Barron
Hekker
McDonald
Ogletree

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
This time next year...
  1. Donald
  2. Quinn
  3. Gurley
  4. Ogletree
  5. Barron. Adds 10 lbs muscle. Stopped getting pissed about being called lb.
  6. McDonald
  7. Austin
  8. Robinson
  9. Alexander
  10. Brown
  11. Hekker
  12. Trumaine (Janoris took a crazy offer from Miami)
  13. #1 pick
  14. Brockers
  15. Kendricks
  16. Havenstein
  17. Quick. Yeah I said it.
  18. Keenum (the consistent place holder Foles was supposed to be for Fisher for a year)
  19. Joyner. The real honey badger
  20. Gaines

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
all your lists are good - seems pointless adding mine as it's a re-working of everyone else's (but I will anyway ;) ) !!

1. Donald (the guy has just blown open the NFL with his play)
2. Quinn (I find it difficult finding a better player at his position)
3. Austin (he's starting to prove his worth - Rushing, Receiving, Punt Returning the guy just has it all)
4. Hekker (probably the best punter in the league, he's kept us out from humiliating defeats many a time - he can also throw a mean pass too!)
5. Gurley (he's got the "X" factor and I know he's going to improve)
6. Ogletree (this would have been a career season for him - damn you the god of injuries...)
7. Jenkins (he's turned out a stellar performance this year and we need to keep him)
8. Brockers (Does his job beautifully, makes Donald, Quinn and Long better for being there)
9. Tru Johnson (loving our CBs this year - ohh and yeh Calvin Johnson who?)
10. Barron (he's settling into his new position and hopefully we keep him for next year)

We have such an outstanding core of players, thats what makes our season results so hard to swallow...

Similarly, you will get no argument from me on any of these lists. I do want to ask a question though as most of these lists include Barron and Ogletree. Barron's play has really ramped up since he started playing that hybrid SS/WLB spot after 'Tree went down. He has really excelled there. Where do we play him when 'Tree comes back and will he continue to be as effective? There are far greater minds on this board than mine so I'm sure someone can provide the simple solution to my concern.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Similarly, you will get no argument from me on any of these lists. I do want to ask a question though as most of these lists include Barron and Ogletree. Barron's play has really ramped up since he started playing that hybrid SS/WLB spot after 'Tree went down. He has really excelled there. Where do we play him when 'Tree comes back and will he continue to be as effective? There are far greater minds on this board than mine so I'm sure someone can provide the simple solution to my concern.
I would keep Olgeltree right where he was. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Ex: Saffold. RG he was great, LG, LT, any where else it don't work.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Donald
Tavon
Gurley
Brockers
Ogletree
Jenkins
TJ MacDonald
Mark Barron
Quinn
Tru Johnson

Done I might rearrange the order a bit Quinn up on merit and a pass on the injuries but a real good 10.

Last edited:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
@Roman Snow
Nice list, welcome dude I missed your welcoming thread, assuming Alan isn't still napping. At his age he tends to go into deep freeze from time to time. Always nice to see another club 50+ on the board;.
Great Name Yes I remember those days long ago and watched live.
Welcome aboard
Don
PS watch out for -x- and 503

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Barron's play has really ramped up since he started playing that hybrid SS/WLB spot after 'Tree went down. He has really excelled there. Where do we play him when 'Tree comes back and will he continue to be as effective?
I'm NOT re-signing McLeod....I'm moving TJ McDonald to Free Safety, Barron to Strong Safety...Bringing Mo Alexander in to fill either Barron's role, or to man FS and keep TJ & Barron were they play now...

And I kinda hate to lose McLeod the way he's playing now, but we need Barron on the field every play...