Rams Injury Updates 2020

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
So Noteboom will hit the bench? At this point I would not start him though.Edwards at has been playing well at LG.Corbett the last couple weeks has just looked bad.
I just don’t understand when Corbett plays bad it is not looked upon by posters.Then on the other hand they all want to take shots at Joe.
The good news to me is The Offensive Line is very well set up for the 2021 season.I still lMAO at all the doubters saying sign FA & Draft one Early.
Austin Blythe will probably not be resigned & the Center spot could be upgraded. Like you say though,I believe that will come within The Rams roster.Brian Allen has to be better now than when Mcvay decided to start him 2 years ago.

Corbett has had some breakdowns, mostly assignment related the last part of the season. But he also moves people in the run game very well on most plays and does a pretty solid job pass pro. Noteboom almost never moves people or sustains his block.

Does anyone know why Edwards is on the injury report? That’s concerning.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Corbett has had some breakdowns, mostly assignment related the last part of the season. But he also moves people in the run game very well on most plays and does a pretty solid job pass pro. Noteboom almost never moves people or sustains his block.

Does anyone know why Edwards is on the injury report? That’s concerning.
Edwards is ankle injury

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Just how is it you like your crow?

Haha. But wait. Why do I have to eat crow just yet?
Did you not read my full and exact prediction about Whit? In fact, so it can be very clear, please go back and copy and paste it here. THEN let's see if I'm right or not. Trust me I hope I'm wrong.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
@ReekofRams I'll happily "eat crow" and show up like a man if I am wrong. I looked back and got it for you, from when I posted on November 18th. Below is an exact copy/paste of what I said on page 25 of this thread. What is in RED, already came true. He did not play again in a regular season game. What is in GREEN remains to be seen on Saturday. I HOPE I'm very wrong because we love him and need him:

Look guys. I'm telling you that Whit will not play again this season.
At the VERY LEAST, he'll give it a try during our first playoff game, and will realize it hurts and is not stable.

We all love Whit. But his season is over. I promise.
I wish I was wrong.

edit: No I do not claim to have a crystal ball. This is only my opinion based on what I saw the night of the injury during that particular play, and Whit's demeanor afterwards when headed to the locker room.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
@ReekofRams I'll happily "eat crow" and show up like a man if I am wrong. I looked back and got it for you, from when I posted on November 18th. Below is an exact copy/paste of what I said on page 25 of this thread. What is in RED, already came true. He did not play again in a regular season game. What is in GREEN remains to be seen on Saturday. I HOPE I'm very wrong because we love him and need him:

Look guys. I'm telling you that Whit will not play again this season.
At the VERY LEAST, he'll give it a try during our first playoff game, and will realize it hurts and is not stable.

We all love Whit. But his season is over. I promise.
I wish I was wrong.

edit: No I do not claim to have a crystal ball. This is only my opinion based on what I saw the night of the injury during that particular play, and Whit's demeanor afterwards when headed to the locker room.
YOU WILL BECAUSE DON’T THINK FOR ONE MOMENT THE RAMS HAVEN’T ALREADY TESTED THAT KNEE TO THE LIMIT YOU ARROGANT PAIN!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would agree with you fully it's remarkable what ONE an all-pro type performing OL out of 5 can do to improve the overall OL play.

Its been my position for a long time if you're going to spend large $$$ in UFA'cy you route that $$$ for well-performing seasoned OL'ers or maybe DL'ers.

Use your draft ammo for the other positions like ER/OLB'ers, DB's, RB's, WR's & TE's.

I like that strategy. Think what a seasoned vet at Center could do for this Oline. Look what Whitworth has done, and Timmerman. It can take a year or more for an Olineman to get up to speed and without a first round pick it isn't likely to find one that is good from year one. And yes, despite what some may say they do exist.

Ditto for DTs. I would add though that there have Bern some very goid free agent signings at other positions over the years. As long as they are proven stars I consider them safe.

So Noteboom will hit the bench? At this point I would not start him though.Edwards at has been playing well at LG.Corbett the last couple weeks has just looked bad.
I just don’t understand when Corbett plays bad it is not looked upon by posters.Then on the other hand they all want to take shots at Joe.
The good news to me is The Offensive Line is very well set up for the 2021 season.I still lMAO at all the doubters saying sign FA & Draft one Early.
Austin Blythe will probably not be resigned & the Center spot could be upgraded. Like you say though,I believe that will come within The Rams roster.Brian Allen has to be better now than when Mcvay decided to start him 2 years ago.

You laugh your ass off at people saying to sign a free agent or draft an Olineman, and you think Brian Allen will be the answer? Maybe you should watch some of his 2019 games again. He is not the answer and if they open the season with him at center they will be in worse shape next year than they were with Blythe this year.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
YOU WILL BECAUSE DON’T THINK FOR ONE MOMENT THE RAMS HAVEN’T ALREADY TESTED THAT KNEE TO THE LIMIT YOU ARROGANT PAIN!

Whitworth would have played last week imo if it was a playoff game.I’m not sure if insensitives or extra money he gets by playing Saturday?Either way just watching how he rehabilitation went he shouldn’t be in any pain from his injury.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I like that strategy. Think what a seasoned vet at Center could do for this Oline. Look what Whitworth has done, and Timmerman. It can take a year or more for an Olineman to get up to speed and without a first round pick it isn't likely to find one that is good from year one. And yes, despite what some may say they do exist.

Ditto for DTs. I would add though that there have Bern some very goid free agent signings at other positions over the years. As long as they are proven stars I consider them safe.

You laugh your ass off at people saying to sign a free agent or draft an Olineman, and you think Brian Allen will be the answer? Maybe you should watch some of his 2019 games again. He is not the answer and if they open the season with him at center they will be in worse shape next year than they were with Blythe this year.

With regard to Brian Allen I hadn’t been so high on a Center draft pick since Barrett Jones, the previous one drafted? lol. (I inexplicably really thought that was a heist)

I actually based this off of his wrestling background figuring he knew a thing or two about leveraging an opponent, I wouldn’t quite slam the door just yet but the odds are definitely not in Allen’s favor

Crap, I rarely go 0 for 2 :censored:

A stud center would just really change everything

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With regard to Brian Allen I hadn’t been so high on a Center draft pick since Barrett Jones, the previous one drafted? lol. (I inexplicably really thought that was a heist)

I actually based this off of his wrestling background figuring he knew a thing or two about leveraging an opponent, I wouldn’t quite slam the door just yet but the odds are definitely not in Allen’s favor

Crap, I rarely go 0 for 2 :censored:

A stud center would just really change everything

I still think we can best address our OL issues by sliding Corbett to Center (where I think he'd be great in this scheme) and replacing him at OG with somebody who has a bit more power.