Rams at Saints

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm ready....Who Dat going to beat dem Saints? Dem Rams!
giphy.gif

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On a side note, I kind of find it annoying the “experts” assume Aaron Rodgers would have driven down the field (to victory) had they not fumbled at the end of regulation last week.

I don’t know... my chips were on OUR DEFENSE then. We beat them either way.

That’s material Wade and company need to be using to lock in this defense. Let’s kick some ass today!
I agree. These stat boys have a point of view prior to writing the article. The guy bringing the ball out fumbled the ball. It’s as though the hand I saw from a Rams defender didn’t actually STRIP the ball from him. The first statement removes the Rams defender from the process, which is dishonest. You are right, CGI. Didn’t the previous drive by the Packers end in a 3 and out, mostly due to Aaron Donald? Donald comes up big in the biggest moments.

They are diminishing the Rams because they want a new story line. They want to get that thrill up their leg about the Seahawks, Saints, Redskins.....anyone but the Rams. Not because they hate the Rams, just because they are tired of this year’s storyline of the unbeaten Rams.

Get used to it stats and writer boys, it’s time to write the same old story. Rams beat the stuffing outta the Saints.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Watching ESPN Countdown, Ram fans are representing on Bourbon Street.

Hope Fox mentions Ram fans in the Super Dome that traveled.

If not, screw ‘em.

Rams win today!

Ram65

Legend
It's time for the Rams defense to step up!

Goff had a good first half in the Dome his rookie year. I expect him to be sharp today. It's going to a rockem sockem game with the Rams defense making the key stops! Go Rams!!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What Payton and the Aints need today:

giphy.gif

RamWoodie

Legend
This is a game we have to look at seriously folks. Any true Rams fan is a bit worried about this game for one reason:

THE RAM DEFENSE...particularly the secondary!!!

The Rams defense isn't bad by ANY MEANS...just check the stats, because they're 8th in defense overall. However, they're going up against a Saints team that's 8th in total offense, with a relatively young secondary and they will be tested. With the exception of Shields and Peters this is a very young secondary going against a QB in Brees, that knows how to exploit weakness...so how did the Rams prepare to face them? We're gonna find out today.

The Ram offense cannot sputter today, because while games take on their own personality...this could be a real shootout...and the offense that has the ball last, may very well decided the game.

SO WHAT DOES IT COME DOWN TO??? In my mind it will be:

*WHO'S DLINE CAN GET THE BEST PRESSURE???

*WHO TURNS IT OVER MOST???

*WHO'S SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYS THE BEST???

The Super Dome is gonna be a hostile environment...NO BOUBT!!! Our Rams have to shut the noise out and play with GREAT FOCUS and INTENSITY!!!

ARE THEY READY??? Given McVay and the way he welcomes a challenge...I SAY YES!!!

LET'S GET IT STARTED...GET 'ER DONE RAMS!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ain't even worried about it.
Gonna knock the Sonic rings out of these fools today.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
On a side note, I kind of find it annoying the “experts” assume Aaron Rodgers would have driven down the field (to victory) had they not fumbled at the end of regulation last week.
Easily the most annoying non-story all week.

What really happened....
Rams elite ST's strategically kickoff the ball to the goalline (not out the back of the endzone) to force the KR to make a quick decision, he makes the wrong choice, then we FORCE a fumble that clinches the game. END of story.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Just woke up, turned TV on ESPN. Boy, this game is like the Super Bowl. Corso just joined the set down on Bourbon Street. About to make his pick with a team head!

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I am very concerned about this game and my guts are churning.

This is a playoff atmosphere type of game so my usual level of anxiety has been turned up to 1000.

Look, the Saints are certainly a very good NFL team. Their home field advantage is no joke, however their one loss this year came against the Bucs at home in week #1 so there is hope--although I believe the Saints defense has improved since then. The Rams do catch a break with Marcus Davenport out for the game. He has 4 sacks on the year so far and is playing very well.

Interesting match-up: Rams#1 rush offense vs. Saints#1 rush defense. It will be interesting to see if Mcvay decides to attack mostly through the air in this one. The Packers played great defense last week--especially when the refs let them grab the receivers--so I can see the Saints taking a similar approach. If those holds are not called, the Rams will look a bit out of sync again. But if they are called--it will be a big day for Goff. I expect some exotic blitzes perhaps--anything to get to Goff. Hopefully the Rams burn them early on those.

I really expect Payton to try to run against the Rams to avoid Brees taking hits. But he will take his shots--and they also use Taysom Hill in some creative ways. Peters better be ready.

If the Rams do have a loss coming I really hope it isn't this game. The playoff implications are too great.

I hope they get an early lead and hold it. This game is going to the wire.

Get a lead. Make the Saints play catch-up all game.

Look--I'm worried. I love the Rams, hope they will win and will be screaming at my television. But this is no easy task. The Rams have survived some tough games and found ways to win. I hope they still have that in them today.

GO RAMS!!!!!!!

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I expect Payton to pull out all the stops if he need to, including trick plays. Flea flicker, a WR throwing a pass, a fake kick. He will know that the Saints NEED homefield to make a Super Bowl run.
I am looking forward to seeing if Fowler has an immiate impact.....he doesn't need sacks, although that would be great. Moving Brees off his spot and God help him, making him step up in the pocket would be enough.
Fowler's job should be easy , our interior is moving guys but no one has finished on the outside. I'm excited to see if he can live up to his potential.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
As with most games it will come down to two things. Taking care of the football and the ability to get stops on defense at critical times.

Oh and overcoming the parity police.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Plan for Fowler today...

1. Passing downs.
2. Go get the QB.

I don't want to see him out there just yet on run downs, particularly against the Saints. But he should definitely help our rush a bit.