PREGAME Rams at Packers NFC Divisional round matchup

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Once, 2016 Week 1. Adams - 3 receptions, 50 yards, 1 TD. Ramsey - 1 tackle, 1 assist, 1 QB hurry.

Not sure if Ramsey was matched up with Adams the entire game? GB beat Jax 27 - 23

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201609110jax.htm

So Ramsey's first game as a pro basically. So can't read too much into that stat line and that doesn't specify if Ramsey was even the one on Adams since at the time they also had Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb. Will definitely be the matchup of the night. Adams is good and will get his catches but I don't think he's any better than a Hopkins or a Diggs and Ramsey did fine against those guys.

Ugh, there's so many Packers fans around here that I'm already sick of them. All though, there are more Bears fans so a lot of 1 week Rams fans around here also lol.

Psycho_X

Legend
I agree with a few people who have stated that Hekker is purposely punting short since their punt coverage unit sucks so much.

After Hekker kicked it deep against Miami and it was returned for a TD, I have see Hekker punt shorter and shorter.

We really need to fire that special teams coordinator because he might have screwed Hekker up for good now.

That's an interesting take and would explain a lot about Hekker's performance. Also, very sad if true.

RamWoodie

Legend
What I sweat with Goff, is that even before the thumb injury, I have felt something was physically wrong with him. For some reason we're seeing balls that are wobbly, or even way off, even though he looks fine physically. It just didn't add up after seeing him throw fantastic passes the last 3 years.

Now, with this bum thumb, he's headed to Green Bay. The thumb should be much better...but will the weather have an affect?

Even so. I Know the Ram defense is their strength...especially the secondary.

I don't think McVay has to get "pass happy" to win this game. As for Goff, he simply needs to play within himself...take what the Packer D' gives him...and be willing to use his legs when needed. He can run...but he simply doesn't like too.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yeah. I grew up in Chicago. We would be out playing basketball in t-shirts at 30 degrees.

True & at 20 I always played in the cold with short sleeves in driving snowstorms, still not a fan of the cold, I guess it being clear is all we can ask for being that it's Green Bay Wisconsin, but I sure wish they would put a roof on the place.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
I agree with a few people who have stated that Hekker is purposely punting short since their punt coverage unit sucks so much.

After Hekker kicked it deep against Miami and it was returned for a TD, I have see Hekker punt shorter and shorter.

We really need to fire that special teams coordinator because he might have screwed Hekker up for good now.

If that were the case he would just punt the ball MUCH higher but his kicks have not been higher either. Maybe there is something going on we'll read about after the season.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
True & at 20 I always played in the cold with short sleeves in driving snowstorms, still not a fan of the cold, I guess it being clear is all we can ask for being that it's Green Bay Wisconsin, but I sure wish they would put a roof on the place.

I’m from So Cal,but always love watching games in the snow.Playing football the rain around Thanksgiving was always special if it rained at all in November/December. Looks like a drought year.

Rams playing against Vikings,Redskins were some of the playoff games I remembered. Having the Dome is different. Is KC game calling for Snow?

Psycho_X

Legend
What I sweat with Goff, is that even before the thumb injury, I have felt something was physically wrong with him. For some reason we're seeing balls that are wobbly, or even way off, even though he looks fine physically. It just didn't add up after seeing him throw fantastic passes the last 3 years.

Now, with this bum thumb, he's headed to Green Bay. The thumb should be much better...but will the weather have an affect?

Even so. I Know the Ram defense is their strength...especially the secondary.

I don't think McVay has to get "pass happy" to win this game. As for Goff, he simply needs to play within himself...take what the Packer D' gives him...and be willing to use his legs when needed. He can run...but he simply doesn't like too.

I wish Goff would spend the offseason throwing with a glove and getting used to it. Even before the thumb injury he has had grip issues at times which can probably be correlated to his smaller hands as at least part of the problem. A glove with some grip would help a lot, especially in bad weather games but also when he's moving in the pocket and gets hit. If he got used to it it might help with his spiral too which tends to be a bit wobbly even when healthy. I know someone said that he tried it and didn't like it but I wonder if he gave it a real go or just spent one practice and gave up on it.

Q729

Legend
wasn't that the game against Frisco? We were up 3-0 and one of our WR's (can't remember who) torched Lonnie Rott and either the ball was over thrown, or it was called back?...either way we were on our way to a 10-0 lead....I think we lost 30-3 no?
Yes, don't remind me. lol

Kevin

Pro Bowler
The natural grass turf is heated from underneath, so there’s that.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
https://www.packerforum.com/threads...he-frozen-tundra-sat-1-16-4-35pm.83853/page-2

A nervous Packers fan said:

The Rams have only given up 28+ points three times this season, and once (Miami) it was a fluke, involving 14 points being scored by the opposing DEF/ST.

They do not give up big plays. The teams that have found the most success seem to be those that have been willing to be methodical and go on long scoring drives.

The Packers' offense is the best in the NFL at creating points with long drives. But they will need to be patient. Scores may be punctuated by a punt or two.

It will come down to the defense and special teams, in my opinion. The defense will need to keep the Rams from building a lead. Because if Green Bay is down and forced to throw downfield consistently, LA will feast. And Special Teams can't spot them points.

View: https://media.giphy.com/media/8v9ZBs3tliKPe/giphy.gif

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Every game is going to be tough. That's the reality. If we make a run, it has to go through Wilson, Rodgers, and Brees/Brady. Then, we have to beat the team that comes out of the AFC. But that's the playoffs. Gotta be honest, I'm not as concerned about any team out of the AFC as I am about the Saints. They have a nasty defense and a HOF QB. The Packers aren't pushovers either. But their defense has more vulnerabilities on paper.
Yeah the Saints do have an outstanding defense. But Brees is very limited in his arm strength and his floaty ass ball being thrown in front of our DBs who play so much zone with their heads up and eyes on the QB... I like our defense in that matchup. Go ahead and throw that deep out MFer lol. I think us vs the Saints is a defensive struggle. And the x factor is our run game which right now is far better than the season stats indicate. Our run game with Akers in there and healthy is elite. If we end up playing the Saints we will beat them good IMO.

The Packers are going to score some points, they're too good on offense to think otherwise. I'm of the mind that their points will be somewhere in that low teens to low twenties depending on how many short fields they get. And Rodgers can take over a game and if he does we are going to lose. But if our defense has control of this game I feel like we'll put up enough points to win. The Packers are not going to be able to stop Akers.

This is why I keep saying Akers is our title hope. The Rams are a different team than we expected in a lot of ways. But they're very good IF they can control these offenses and force that defensive type matchup that will favor us.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, some of these Packers fans are wildin'. I don't think they realize how elite our defense is. Or they just think their offense is that good. Either ways, I hope we bring our A game.
dt6Tqpo.jpg

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Great defensive football hasn't exactly been entrenched into Packer culture for awhile now. The last time they fielded an elite"ish" D was 2010 when they won a super bowl.

IMO they haven't really taken advantage of Rodgers career in terms of winning titles because they've been unable or unwilling to build a championship caliber defense.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
And they're about to learn they don't have enough defense. If it isn't us that teaches them that lesson it'll be Tampa or New Orleans.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
And they're about to learn they don't have enough defense. If it isn't us that teaches them that lesson it'll be Tampa or New Orleans.
Yep. I know it's a cliche but i really believe that you give yourself a chance to win super bowls if you're elite at QB and on defense. You have to have talent elsewhere(obviously) but if i was a GM i'd start there.

Packfan18

Rookie
I’m more scared of you guys than New Orleans. I bet New Orleans gets beat next week.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The Rams aren't elite at QB but the D is there. Having McV carry and manage the current offense makes up for our QB problems. Will it be enough to go deeper on this run? I don't know. I have my doubts.

The Rams need to to either get Goff healthy and confident or find out if Wolford can run the show allowing McV to open up the playbook and literally open up the field of play.