QB Trade Options

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Pat

Rookie
Wentz has the best chance to be great, I would only move up for him. Like to see Hue trade for Kap, then trade with Rams for extra picks. 1 and 2 this and next yr is 3000 pts on chart, take Wentz and hope Doctson falls to other 2 at 43. If I wake up from that dream, just take best available

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Because they went with BPA on their board in the RG3 draft, picked a second QB, and HE turned out to be good. Otherwise they would be in a world of hurt.

Yes and that actually reinforces my point on the importance of not settling at QB. It demonstrates how important it is, and how ridiculous it is for us to be discussing an endless parade of JAGs as some kind of answer. Rams need to break that mold and put some priority on the position.

I remember people making fun of the Skins for taking Cousins given what they did to move up for RG3. Who's laughin now?

Ram210

UDFA
We go with Keenum, Foles, and Mannion next year, unless we supplant Foles with RGIII. If Paxton Lynch falls to #15 then you must consider the possibility of changing course. The best strategy would be to put off the QB temptation until 2017 and build other pieces this year.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes and that actually reinforces my point on the importance of not settling at QB. It demonstrates how important it is, and how ridiculous it is for us to be discussing an endless parade of JAGs as some kind of answer. Rams need to break that mold and put some priority on the position.

I remember people making fun of the Skins for taking Cousins given what they did to move up for RG3. Who's laughin now?

Great! We're agreed! If there's somebody the Rams really like in the 4th round, they should draft him!

Seriously, I have said all along that I view the Eagle's 2nd rounder as a pick they got to trade up for a QB - I have no problem with the Rams trading their first, that second, and maybe a future mid round pick to get somebody like Lynch. I'm only opposed to crippling future drafts to get a guy who is risky.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I agree with all of this^! And add to it Rivers didn't want to come to L.A. as a Charger, why would he want to come to L.A. as a Ram!?

But he would love to be in horns, no?

Your close....I thinking one of those top super talented DT's with the First #15 then the best 2nd tier QB with 2nd #43. Then either a WR or DE @ 2nd #45. The need for a pass catcher @ wide out would override any TE concerns & the health of pass rusher Rob Quinn back may come into play here. Securing that talented DT would help with the 2016 DT Nick Fairley departure & the possible NT Micheal Brockers departure next yr at this time.

In theory that sounds awesome but playing devils advocate here there is a very good chance the top 3 QBs could end up being taken in the top 5 picks, thus the next 1-2 QBs rated guys (cook and Dak) could get taken at the very bottom of Rd 1 as thats a trend that occurs leapfrog us w/ our pick in Rd2

You might be right. But the Rams just paid Foles a 2 year contract he did not deserve and got bit by it. Bringing in Fitz is risky in the same way, worse actually since Fitz has a long and proven track record of what he is: a backup level talent. IMO the Rams need to get away from these mediocre QBs that will keep them from being a real contender. We know what Fitz is, he's just a guy at the position. We already have JAGs at QB, two of them in fact and probably Mannion as well.

It honestly would not surprise me to see Fish go after Fitz. But it just makes me crazy to see it, when the obvious answer is that they need to raise the bar at the position and quit effin around with lesser talents. I'd suck it up, and trade way up and get my MFing QB, but hey maybe I'm on crazy pills idk.

Im loving me some crazy pills

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Wow what a list of Government Cheese QB's. It's like closing time and deciding to settle for the one eyed fat smelly girl cause that's all you aspire to.
How about setting the sights on a QB that has the traits and abilities to lead a team to a SB win.
You can't sign one unless they are end of their career.Other teams know what they have better than anyone else. Put it this way, if the Rams knew Mannion could get them to the SB in 2017 how may 1st rd picks would it take to get him?

Only way is draft one and roll the dice. Don't get ti right try again.
Can't wait 2 more years otherwise while he gets up to speed the core will age and have to start another rebuild.

Hey you tell the fat girl it turns you on to have a shower and you clean that sh!t up, lol...She would be soooo thankful for some lovin she might do some fun crazy stuff for ya... Fat girls need some love too.. better than rubbin' one out alone LMAO

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I don't know man... The day before Goff's hands were measured the Browns' new coach went on a roll about how important big mitts are to QBs in their division.

I gotta think the Browns are going Wentz.

Yea I seen the interview too, you could probably be right too, but I was more addressing how it was thrown at me like it was a fact the Browns are taking him when we dont know 100%.

I liked Bridgewater, Hundley and now Goff in the past couple years, knowing my string of luck with QB picks recently we wont get Goff anyways, so its all wishful thinking for me lol.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
All, but certain. The AFC North hasn't fared well for slim QBs. Just hasn't. The QBs with Super Bowls and playoff wins are bigger bodied bigger armed QBs. Slimmer QBs like Dalton and Hoyer and others just haven't cut it. At least Dalton has gotten the Bengals to the playoffs.

Point being in retooling, Hue Jackson has a pretty easy choice to make in his division. It's not certain, of course, but it's almost unreasonable to assume Goff to Cleveland.

He could go with Goff, but it just wouldn't make any sense in the world. It would make more sense to trade down, acquire Kaep and draft Lynch than take Goff.

No player excels in all situations. I've already listed several that I think he'd be good to outstanding in. I'd HATE for him to go to GB and learn behind Rodgers.

The hardest part in this is that none of us have faith that Fish or Snead will pay what it takes to trade up for either Wentz OR Goff and no one else makes a damn bit of difference this year. So outside of Washington really screwing up the Cousins situation, there's no FA that makes sense for us.

Which means unless they really pony up, there may not be any QB change this year even possible no matter how much anyone wants it...

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
In theory that sounds awesome but playing devils advocate here there is a very good chance the top 3 QBs could end up being taken in the top 5 picks, thus the next 1-2 QBs rated guys (cook and Dak) could get taken at the very bottom of Rd 1 as thats a trend that occurs leapfrog us w/ our pick in Rd2
Morning PressureD41,:coffee: that very well be true & I sure would have no issues with 2 or 3 of those next tier QB's coming off the board before we begin to make our two 2nd round selections (#43 & #45) & our 3rd (#76). If you read my (make believe world) plan of action I will have already secured my best available bridge QB early in free agency to go along with Mannion & Keenum. I will then look forward to drafting a QB prospect in 2017.

If 4 or 5 of those QB prospects are off the board that would leave me a much more talent pool of non QB prospects that I will take complete advantage of. My first 4 Ram picks in the first 2 days of the draft will make this Rams team stronger throughout the 53 player roster.

By the time of the draft 2 months from now Snead will have a real good ideal of how many of the 22 of the 2016 Rams free agent will not return & the current holes he will have to fill. Trading away our farm of future draft picks to secure just one rookie QB prospect leaving this roster full of holes does not move this non winning team forward in my very small old cranky Ram mine. I thought that a NFL team was still a team effort not just one player .

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
4. Massive risk. You've had deals like this pan out and then you've had deals like this bite the team that traded for the QB in the ass. Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if the Rams explore this option. I'm surprised the Rams didn't look at Hundley closely last year. He's got a skill-set that fits Fisher's mold in Tennessee. But I feel like the price will make this move not worthwhile.

3. Rivers has a no trade clause. Even if SD was willing to deal him (highly unlikely), I don't feel like Rivers wants to leave. I'd love to get Rivers, though.

2. Lions aren't really in an opportunity to move Stafford. But if they're willing, I'd trade for him. That all said, I think they build around him with how well he played with Cooter after they fired Lombardi during the season.

1. I don't want A.J. McCarron. I watched him play in Cincy on their incredibly talented offense. He was not impressive. Looked like a game managing backup to me. Basically, a young Shaun Hill.

Rivers is going nowhere and I don't know why people keep bringing him up. The no trade clause is for real and he is on record saying he is not going to uproot his family so he's in SD until they all graduate from High School.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
There is still Peyton Manning

Jim Thomas
‏@jthom1
2m2 minutes ago

Jim Thomas Retweeted mike freeman

Hard to believe Manning would want to play for Rams, but Rams have dropped this hint recently. https://twitter.com/mikefreemanNFL/status/704722169700470784…

Jim Thomas added,

mike freeman @mikefreemanNFL
Amazing how many front office people I speak to believe Peyton Manning will be QB for the Rams next season.

0 retweets 1 like

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's gonna be funny to watch what Denver does: there is no way a competitive nut like Elway is gonna settle for Osweiler at QB. They draft too low to move up to get one of the top 2, who look more and more like they'll be off the board in the top 5 picks.

That whole situation is really one of the most intriguing in the league this offseason, right up there with the Rams in terms of pure need to bring in new blood. And for some reason I think Elway will find the right guy...