QB Mike Glennon Is Our Best Option

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
terrible trade imo... gave up too much for a sub-package player that you don't want in coverage at the back end

Gotta disagree, iced.

Mark Barron for a 4th and a 6th is looking like a helluva trade to me.

And they're using him more and more as he makes more and more plays. They have a long term scheme strategy for him and it looks like it's already paying dividends. I think he's a big part of our "hybrid" D.

Lovie was trying to make hin a square peg in a round hole in Tampa.

Besides, just for perspective, most 4th and 6th rounders are longshots. Barron is looking like a solid and productive player, IMO.

iced

Yea, that's not true. Head on over to RRF and Ramstalk...it'll refresh your memory on that.

Right - and I'll make sure to listen to Trent Dilfer on how to be a great QB :cool:

Gotta disagree, iced.

Mark Barron for a 4th and a 6th is looking like a helluva trade to me.

And they're using him more and more as he makes more and more plays. They have a long term scheme strategy for him and it looks like it's already paying dividends. I think he's a big part of our "hybrid" D.

Lovie was trying to make hin a square peg in a round hole in Tampa.

Besides, just for perspective, most 4th and 6th rounders are longshots. Barron is looking like a solid and productive player, IMO.

I completely disagree on so many levels... he gives up a lot of plays and is more of a liability in coverage than Craig Dahl

He's a sub package player for a reason - and you don't give up a 4th rounder AND a 6th..

As far as players available in the 4th/6th its always draft dependent - but two examples would be EJ gaines and Chris Givens

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Right - and I'll make sure to listen to Trent Dilfer on how to be a great QB :cool:

That's my point, my friend. Yet those same people would be the guys calling into the radio to complain about our QB while wanting a new one...like Johnny Manziel. Remember Plaza and his Manziel love? :LOL:

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Bucs fans calling for a new QB isn't any different than Rams fans calling for a new QB while Joseph and Wells are playing. That team sucked and most of it went far beyond QB. I think Glennon would do ok here. I think Cousins would do ok here. It's hard to judge some of these guys when they play on teams with dysfunctional locker-rooms and sub par talent. How settled in can you get when the coach plays knee jerk the QB all the time? We don't require a star to win with this team, just a guy capable of hitting somewhere in the top 15. Well worth the gamble when talking about fourth and fifth round picks.

moklerman

Warner-phile
After watching the tape of the game against Seattle, I think Glennon would look like Johnny friggin' Unitas compared to Hill. Granted he was under some pressure but every pass that guy throws is poorly placed. No accuracy whatsoever and I'd welcome Glennon as an alternative next year.

I wish I had the resources to really scout the guys that are out there. With guys like Brady, Romo, Warner, etc. that come out of nowhere it's hard to fathom how Shaun "noodle arm" Hill is the best of the backups that were available. Josh McCown, Chad Henne, I mean, Jeez Louise there are some really poor throwers and decision makers out there starting for NFL football teams.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After watching the tape of the game against Seattle, I think Glennon would look like Johnny friggin' Unitas compared to Hill. Granted he was under some pressure but every pass that guy throws is poorly placed. No accuracy whatsoever and I'd welcome Glennon as an alternative next year.

I wish I had the resources to really scout the guys that are out there. With guys like Brady, Romo, Warner, etc. that come out of nowhere it's hard to fathom how Shaun "noodle arm" Hill is the best of the backups that were available. Josh McCown, Chad Henne, I mean, Jeez Louise there are some really poor throwers and decision makers out there starting for NFL football teams.

View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000275613/Underwood-20-yard-TD

View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000275560/Wright-12-yard-TD

;)

moklerman

Warner-phile
Those were in Seattle too.

Hill just looked flustered and was rushing his throws, missing plays downfield if he wasn't bailing out so quickly. That's what was getting me aggravated. Not that he would have had the arm to get the ball down field even if he waited for things to develop though...

iced

That's my point, my friend. Yet those same people would be the guys calling into the radio to complain about our QB while wanting a new one...like Johnny Manziel. Remember Plaza and his Manziel love? :LOL:

thing is i'm not just talking about people calling but also the hosts themselves

moklerman

Warner-phile
Man, just re-watched the preseason highlights of Bradford against the Packers. What a stark contrast to Hill in the last game against Seattle. I think it's easy to take for granted just how good Bradford is when he's on the field. Of course, those were preseason but the zip he had on the ball, the placement...man, would it be nice to have some good luck and have him stay healthy.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Man, just re-watched the preseason highlights of Bradford against the Packers. What a stark contrast to Hill in the last game against Seattle. I think it's easy to take for granted just how good Bradford is when he's on the field. Of course, those were preseason but the zip he had on the ball, the placement...man, would it be nice to have some good luck and have him stay healthy.

That's what all of us want, however, Glennon would offer something that Clemens, Hill and even in the end Davis did not offer....Hope!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sam looked like a million bucks in all his pre-seasons
Its when the defenses changed from vanilla to hard core that he struggled
Which is why he wont lose a QB competition

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I think it's easy to take for granted just how good Bradford is when he's on the field.

And as we all know by now, therein lies the problem. A great guy, never one complaint about him, never caused any problems for the Rams off the field or in the locker room, has all the skills he needs to succeed as a pro quarterback, but he's snakebit.

To gamble on him again after two consecutive ACL surgeries without a big pay reduction-incentive based contract and also signing a top-line QB, whether through the draft or free agency, would be the height of recklessness.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow. 7 pages of "discussing" how Glennon is a good idea.

Kind of depressess me.

Rams43

Hall of Fame

I completely disagree on so many levels... he gives up a lot of plays and is more of a liability in coverage than Craig Dahl

He's a sub package player for a reason - and you don't give up a 4th rounder AND a 6th..

As far as players available in the 4th/6th its always draft dependent - but two examples would be EJ gaines and Chris Givens

Craig Dahl, iced? Really?

I knew you were going to use Givens and Gaines as examples of late round successes. I'm a huge fan of Snead finding good talent late, myself.

But just to be fair, while Givens was a good find in the 4th, it's also true that he is barely clinging to the 5th WR position this year. Hardly a starter or game changer.

And Gaines was a steal in the 6th. HARDLY a typical 6th round talent.

So to suggest that a typical 4th and 6th have far greater value than a properly used Barron just seems silly to me. Note that I used the term "typical".

Barron's snaps and effectiveness were increasing with each game. He will be prominently featured in our "hybrid" D under GW for years to come, IMO.

As an aside, I think Barron is an example of S/F trending more toward Quality rather than Quantity in future draft picks and FA's. Again, just my opinion.

We can agree to disagree, of course. Lol.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4

I followed you with EJ Gaines, but you lost me at Chris Givens. That guy should send Pettis a thank you card for him being tardy all the time.

iced

Craig Dahl, iced? Really?

I knew you were going to use Givens and Gaines as examples of late round successes. I'm a huge fan of Snead finding good talent late, myself.

But just to be fair, while Givens was a good find in the 4th, it's also true that he is barely clinging to the 5th WR position this year. Hardly a starter or game changer.

And Gaines was a steal in the 6th. HARDLY a typical 6th round talent.

So to suggest that a typical 4th and 6th have far greater value than a properly used Barron just seems silly to me. Note that I used the term "typical".

I think a mid round pick AND a late roundpick is too much for a role player..And my point was that 4th round picks do hold value - can name several other players like justin tuck and brandon marshall. You're still pickin in the top 100..

Of course every draft is different - but imo, with the new cba and more underclassmen coming out makes those picks more valuable

Barron's snaps and effectiveness were increasing with each game. He will be prominently featured in our "hybrid" D under GW for years to come, IMO.

As an aside, I think Barron is an example of S/F trending more toward Quality rather than Quantity in future draft picks and FA's. Again, just my opinion.

We can agree to disagree, of course. Lol.
Lol always free to..

and I don't know how much future barron would actually have here - i'm leary on that..i suspect he'll test FA within a year or 2

iced

I followed you with EJ Gaines, but you lost me at Chris Givens. That guy should send Pettis a thank you card for him being tardy all the time.

Lol didn't mean to insinuate givens was a hit - but some people are fans, some aren't... i kind of think givens could be a roster casualty next camp

Ramathon

All of our realistic QB options are 'on their way out' potentially even Sam Bradford.

We're not in a good situation. The options are limited but Glennon still offers potential being as young as he is.

Put it this way. If Sam Bradford and Mike Glennon were free agents, they'd be the top 2 QBs available.

I would agree with your first 2 points 100%.

And even the last could be spot on, but I'm still inclined to think that IF MG is on the way out of Tampa, that suggests to me the coaching staff has seen enough to know he ain't 'the guy'. I don't think Lovie's dumb enough to let go of a potentially good QB simply because he didn't draft the kid.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I would agree with your first 2 points 100%.

And even the last could be spot on, but I'm still inclined to think that IF MG is on the way out of Tampa, that suggests to me the coaching staff has seen enough to know he ain't 'the guy'. I don't think Lovie's dumb enough to let go of a potentially good QB simply because he didn't draft the kid.

He might if he wants to draft another #1. He already has McCown as insurance and he has more holes than talent.

…..

Legend
Our best option is NOT Mike Glennon.

Our best option is to find a better option than that.

Stop the madness already.