QB Mike Glennon Is Our Best Option

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Good point on the drag routes to TA!

And yes, he is still developing and I think there is a lot of upside to his game.

And regardless of who our QB turns out to be we need to fix our interior line (as I'm sure you've said before). ;)
If we don't fix the OL ... the QB is a mute point. I have been saying this all along.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I like the acquisition of Barron but not for a 4th and a 6th. It really hamstrings us this offseason. And that includes any possible trades for a QB.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I like the acquisition of Barron but not for a 4th and a 6th. It really hamstrings us this offseason. And that includes any possible trades for a QB.

It sounds like the only realistic trade options are going to be Cutler and Glennon and both should be attainable (Cutler because of the contract) with a 5th and perhaps a conditional 2016 pick.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Only problem with the Bears getting rid of Cutler is who will their QB be? The lack of options for them is why I think he stays there unless the Bears are overwhelmed with a trade proposal.
I agree, I'm just saying I would absolutely like to see him on the Rams but probably not at the asking price. This is why I'm all in on Bradford because like the Bears he is our only option right now. Which makes the OL even that much more of a priority.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Urkel_reactions.gif

Actually laughed out loud... great gif!!!

iced

I really don't get the love for Glennon.... I live in the Tampa area as well so I unfortunately saw a decent amount of bucs games (And friends that are bucs fans, hehe..poor guys)
there's a reason why the bucs have still been calling for a new QB for 2 years now...They used to talk about it a lot on the Radio here. I'd pass on Glennon in a heart beat...not a good decision maker, hasn't been good at all on 3rd down (Booger mcfarland had a crazy stat on him awhile ago - was 0 for 30 something attempts on 3rd and 8 or longer..not even 1? ouch)

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know enough about Glennon to say whether the Rams should get him. However, if he is indeed the best option with the shortage of quality QBs available this offseason chances are another team would bid more than a 5th for him, and the Rams don't have a 4th to give up. Their 3rd (pick #72) is too much to give up though. But what they CAN do is offer the Bucs #72, in return for Glennon AND the 4th and 6th rounders the Bucs got for Barron. The draft pick trade chart says that there is enough value in the Rams' 3rd to be worth a late 3rd round pick plus the 4th and 6th, so that should be more palatable to the Bucs than just getting a 4th from somebody else. That way they get a player who should be ready to contribute immediately. Meanwhile, the Rams would get Glennon plus some depth - and the Rams seem to be good at getting value in those spots in the draft - and would still have picks #10 and #41 to get impact rookies.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really don't get the love for Glennon.... I live in the Tampa area as well so I unfortunately saw a decent amount of bucs games (And friends that are bucs fans, hehe..poor guys)
there's a reason why the bucs have still been calling for a new QB for 2 years now...They used to talk about it a lot on the Radio here. I'd pass on Glennon in a heart beat...not a good decision maker, hasn't been good at all on 3rd down (Booger mcfarland had a crazy stat on him awhile ago - was 0 for 30 something attempts on 3rd and 8 or longer..not even 1? ouch)

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't a lot of Rams fans saying the same thing? But if Bradford were on another team...wouldn't you be willing to trade a 5th for him? Just saying.

I wonder if McFarland meant that he hadn't converted them because he's completed passes in those situations? ;)

iced

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't a lot of Rams fans saying the same thing? But if Bradford were on another team...wouldn't you be willing to trade a 5th for him? Just saying.

I wonder if McFarland meant that he hadn't converted them because he's completed passes in those situations? ;)

Yea he hadn't converted 3rd and 8 or longer in over 30 plus attempts..

I understand the odds are against you in those situations statistically - but statistically you should also be able to convert at least some of those...

especially with weapons surrounding you

And no, a lot of Ram fans aren't comparing Glennon to Bradford....I can't even begin to tell you how off that analogy would be, from decision making to red zone to arm strength.... And there's a lot of Buc Fans that would agree with me on this - they've been pounding for the Bucs to draft a QB ___Especially after taking Glennon___

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea he hadn't converted 3rd and 8 or longer in over 30 plus attempts..

I understand the odds are against you in those situations statistically - but statistically you should also be able to convert at least some of those...

especially with weapons surrounding you

And no, a lot of Ram fans aren't comparing Glennon to Bradford....I can't even begin to tell you how off that analogy would be, from decision making to red zone to arm strength.... And there's a lot of Buc Fans that would agree with me on this - they've been pounding for the Bucs to draft a QB ___Especially after taking Glennon___

Glennon doesn't have to be Bradford. You're avoiding answering the point. Rams fans want a new QB...there were quite a few last year that were ready to move on. It doesn't mean that Bradford isn't worth trading for.

Obviously, Bradford is better than Glennon. But the point remains.

iced

Glennon doesn't have to be Bradford. You're avoiding answering the point. Rams fans want a new QB...there were quite a few last year that were ready to move on. It doesn't mean that Bradford isn't worth trading for.

Obviously, Bradford is better than Glennon. But the point remains.

Except there's a difference - people are complaining about bradford's ability to remain healthy, not his talent..

iced

Ironically @jrry32 one of my best friends is over (bucs fan), drinking his issues away (Cougar gf pissin him off/also huge FSU fan)

just asked him the same question about glennon vs bradford - not even close talent wise

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ironically @jrry32 one of my best friends is over (bucs fan), drinking his issues away (Cougar gf pissin him off/also huge FSU fan)

just asked him the same question about glennon vs bradford - not even close talent wise

Good. That's what I said.

Except there's a difference - people are complaining about bradford's ability to remain healthy, not his talent..

Yea, that's not true. Head on over to RRF and Ramstalk...it'll refresh your memory on that.