Predicting Fish/Snead

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So I have been a stalwart believer that the Rams will move up and get their QB this year. I hope that it's Goff, even though I know they won't move up that high and my expectation has been that they will get into the top 10 at the least. But I decided to put on my Fish hat and try to think from his perspective, and have to admit that I have probably been wrong, that him moving up for a QB is just what I want.

The more I think this through, the more I believe he and Snead are going to try to trade for a young veteran. Craziness right? Well, maybe not. From Fisher's point of view that move gives him a QB who is "good enough" but who also has a long career ahead of him and who will be affordable. I think they will move Philadelphia's round 2 pick to Cincinnati for McCarron and then have the three experienced QBs duke it out for the starting job. Some will predict the Browns to make that move, but I doubt it since even though their coach knows McCarron he is also drafting very high and can pick a much more talented guy to build around.

Meanwhile, this will enable Fish/Snead to not sweat whether a QB falls to them, and also to not have to give up picks to move up for a QB that won't save their jobs. Instead they get a young player who should be fine running a play action attack under Boras and then can use that high pick for an offensive passing game weapon even if they need to move down to get good value. He would also be able to draft defense, which I hope doesn't happen but is very possible since I think 3 QBs and Treadwell will be gone at 15 and the best value will be DE, DT, LB, CB since those positions are well represented in that range.

Note this is not my plan, just an attempt to predict what the Rams will do.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Good read, but I just think they "need" to move up to get Wentz or Goff and maybe consider Lynch if he interviews well and does well in private workout. Need to keep the City of Angels happy imho. I think it might be even doable w/ only giving up our 1st, 2nd & 4th to jump into the 4-6 range. Thats a cheap price if you like a QB imho

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I can't imagine a scenario where a QB thrives in this offense, what good is it to move up in the draft for one? Also with the draft history of Fisher and Snead, I suspect they would take the wrong QB.
Only a seasoned QB who would come in and take over the offense, change plays and personnel groupings would succeed. I think only Manning (of 5 years ago) could help. No one else would have the pedigree and cajones to tell Fisher to f. off.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Need to keep the City of Angels happy imho.

Yeah and that's been a big part of my reasoning before in thinking the Rams would move up for a QB. Make a splash in the new city with a franchise QB and all that. Still hope that's what Fish does, but I'm really starting to think they're gonna bandaid the position, try to boost the F out of the WR position, and see if they can get "enough" offense to make the playoffs in season 5 for the regime.

Hope you're right brother, believe me.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Moving up just feels like putting a Boxer engine into an Econline van. It just doesn't make sense.

Fish has 1 year to save his job. Would play on par with what we saw from Winston or Mariota last year push this team over the line? I don't think anyone can definitively say yes. It's a big gamble for a guy who's career is likely riding on that bet hitting. Having watched the Fisher era closely, I'm not seeing him go all in.

I hate to say stick with the plan, but I'd prefer to see them play the draft board out. The price for Goff will be too high. Grab the best player at 15. Who knows, Lynch could be there.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
So I have been a stalwart believer that the Rams will move up and get their QB this year. I hope that it's Goff, even though I know they won't move up that high and my expectation has been that they will get into the top 10 at the least. But I decided to put on my Fish hat and try to think from his perspective, and have to admit that I have probably been wrong, that him moving up for a QB is just what I want.

The more I think this through, the more I believe he and Snead are going to try to trade for a young veteran. Craziness right? Well, maybe not. From Fisher's point of view that move gives him a QB who is "good enough" but who also has a long career ahead of him and who will be affordable. I think they will move Philadelphia's round 2 pick to Cincinnati for McCarron and then have the three experienced QBs duke it out for the starting job. Some will predict the Browns to make that move, but I doubt it since even though their coach knows McCarron he is also drafting very high and can pick a much more talented guy to build around.

Meanwhile, this will enable Fish/Snead to not sweat whether a QB falls to them, and also to not have to give up picks to move up for a QB that won't save their jobs. Instead they get a young player who should be fine running a play action attack under Boras and then can use that high pick for an offensive passing game weapon even if they need to move down to get good value. He would also be able to draft defense, which I hope doesn't happen but is very possible since I think 3 QBs and Treadwell will be gone at 15 and the best value will be DE, DT, LB, CB since those positions are well represented in that range.

Note this is not my plan, just an attempt to predict what the Rams will do.

Don't underestimate Snead's ability to judge talent or his draft day fortitude.

He's got sack.

PartyKane

UDFA
Name
Alex Maldonado
Jacoby Brissett
Dak Prescott
Trevone Boykin
Vernon Adams Jr

Where's the attention for them? These guys have played incredible throughout their careers yet zero attention given. All I see is Goff, Wentz, Cook, Hakenberg.

If the Rams want to go with the "Scouts" pick go with Lynch.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trade a 2nd for A.J. McCarron? That would be a Fisher move. Rather than draft a potential game-changer for the future, they trade a 2nd for a backup.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jacoby Brissett
Dak Prescott
Trevone Boykin
Vernon Adams Jr

Where's the attention for them? These guys have played incredible throughout their careers yet zero attention given. All I see is Goff, Wentz, Cook, Hakenberg.

If the Rams want to go with the "Scouts" pick go with Lynch.

And you lectured me about settling at QB.

Boykin is moving to WR. Adams Jr. has gotten bad marks at the Shrine game. Prescott is Tarvaris Jackson 2.0. Brissett is more of a career backup/spot starter type...like Jason Campbell.

Of those four, Brissett is the only one with starter upside imo. And that's far from a lock. Could have McNabb like potential if he develops properly...but the odds of that aren't overwhelming.

You see people talk about Goff, Wentz, Cook, and Lynch because they're the top QBs in this draft.

PartyKane

UDFA
Name
Alex Maldonado
And you lectured me about settling at QB.

Boykin is moving to WR. Adams Jr. has gotten bad marks at the Shrine game. Prescott is Tarvaris Jackson 2.0. Brissett is more of a career backup/spot starter type...like Jason Campbell.

Of those four, Brissett is the only one with starter upside imo. And that's far from a lock. Could have McNabb like potential if he develops properly...but the odds of that aren't overwhelming.

You see people talk about Goff, Wentz, Cook, and Lynch because they're the top QBs in this draft.

Bet you bought into Gabbert too buddy

PartyKane

UDFA
Name
Alex Maldonado
How much you want to bet on that?

Leinart, Bradford, Bortles, Leaf, Grossman, Flynn, Weeden, Quinn, Clausen, Ponder, Barkley, Etc

Those all your picks too?

Maybe you should watch these guys actually play instead of listening to Kiper, Miller, McShay.

Ram65

Legend
The Rams aren't that far from being a playoff team and solid QB play would help a good defense, Todd Gurley, Tavon Austin and young improving offensive line.

At this time the Rams will evaluate QBs everywhere but I'm not feeling McCarron as Snisher's answer. Goff and Wentz seem logical targets depending on the cost. Cleveland gets Goff at #2. Is Dallas going to draft Romo's heir apparent? Maybe, the Chargers take him first. I don't know at this time. Snead has had a good feel for who drafts who at least early in the draft.

Rams could move up to Wentz. I doubt they go for Goff @ #1 pick from Tennessee but they could. Then there are the Lynches and Cooks. I think the Rams evaluate the cost and the players. Snead said they need QB stabilization.

Last edited:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Leinart, Bradford, Bortles, Leaf, Grossman, Flynn, Weeden, Quinn, Clausen, Ponder, Barkley, Etc

Maybe you should watch these guys actually play instead of listening to Kiper, Miller, McShay.

This guy must be new lol @jrry32

I will say he is right about 1 thing and that is you really liked Bortles before anyone was talking about him. Oh wait...he is actually pretty good.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

LOL

Well, you named a total of two guys I loved. Bradford and Bortles.

I recommend you go back to Ramstalk (if it still exists). You're out of your depth here.