(Poll)You are Jeff Fisher. You make the call...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

When do you put Gurley into the lineup and give him carries?

• Week 2 @ Washington

• Week 3 vs Pittsburgh

• Week 4 @ Arizona

• Week 5 @ Green Bay

• Week 7 after the bye vs Cleveland

• Week 8 vs San Francisco

Results are only viewable after voting.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'd pick the weakest run defense to start him against. Give him some confidence.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dont see the point in leaving him in street clothes when he can take a carry or two. Id prefer to see Gurley get the rock than Pead.
The question was get him some PT, not start right? If he's ready, he gets a handful of cariees this weekend.

I'll say this much, when Gurley gets in the backfield I'd go play action on his first play

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Week 3. I want the home crowd to get the first real look and put fans in the seats.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With how bad the turf is in Washington he doesn't sniff a helmet if I'm Fisher!

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I said week 3, only because the field this week is bad. Bring him in week 3 and start building his work load. The great thing is we have Mason and Benny so he doesn't need to come in and carry the load. I see that as a good thing as any to limit his chances for injury. He doesn't need to carry it 25 times.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I say as soon as possible! Either he is ready or he isn't, quit being scared to play him.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I vote to week 5, we just beat one of the best defenses in the league with Cunningham and Mason soon to return, there's no reason to rush him because 'we might lose without him.'

Like it's even assured his impact will be immediate to begin with.

rick6fan

UDFA
I voted week 2. If he's cleared, start getting him the ball. Practice will not prepare him for NFL carries. Get him in for touches when we can afford it against a weaker opponent.

PFaulk

Rookie
Name
Dan
Depends on what the docs and trainers are telling me, and how Gurley has been responding to contact.

If he's got the green light from all of them...it's time.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
Sam Bradford’s first ACL injury with a Rams was October 20 2013. Then on August 23 2014 (307 days later) he reinjures the same knee.

Jake Long suffers an ACL injury on December 22nd 2013 then on October 26 2014 (308 days later) against the Chiefs Long reinjured the same knee.

Todd Gurley tears his ACL November 15th 2014…………….309 days later on September 20 the Rams will play the Redskins.

I say wait until Pittsburgh.... Why temp fate.......Especially if Mason is a go.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The best of the best have cleared him.
I'd let him Play!
Whatever happens its a great position to be in compared to how this scenario would have played out a few seasons ago.
With out question!!(y):D
^This^

If the Docs & Fisher say he's ready, then why hold him back ? Maybe limit his carries some, but if he's ready, he needs to be unleashed.

If there are still concerns, he doesn't belong on the field, but if the guys who are paid the big bucks to make proper decisions say he's a go, … then cut him loose from the tethers. jmo.
This^ pretty much sums it up for me!!(y)

beej

Rookie
well, there is one more option that you didn't list:
Go to Lawrence Phillips, offer him clemency for both of his ACL AND MCL's and we hot glue them on to Gurley for added strength and let him run when the glue is dry.

So why wasn't that option listed?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the medical staff gives the green light, I play him.

Start? I always thought that word was a bit overused. A player could start and still not get the most snaps.

So, not concerned about starting... but if the staff says OK, I'd play him. But in an "ease him in" kind of way.

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT
If he's 100% cleared, you play him...not a problem if it's RB by committee. He's going to play on crappy surfaces at some point in his career, it's time to get him some reps.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Magical thinking. As others pointed out,a medical staff is paid to do a job, as are college educated physical trainers. Coaches have a voice in the decision as well. If he is physically ready now, he should play now. I was picking Week 3 just because I don't know what Fisher and his staff know..Could be later..could be this week. The point is, you can't let Bradfords injury history determine whether Gurley is ready, or not..Just as you can't say he should be held to the same time table as Adrian Peterson recovering from his ACL. Just adding a few weeks as to when Gurley starts simply because it makes a worried fanbase feel better, is crazy. Gurley can get injured anywhere, let alone on the football field. It's time to roll with our best RB, if he is ready...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The worst grass field is better than astro turf...Play him if he's ready...Limit his touches since he's probably not in football shape...If he's gonna re-injure his knee, it was meant to be...Sitting out 3-4-8 more games doesn't ensure his knee won't pop....playing a few plays, will build him up...
If he's not ready..not 100%..You don't play him...if his strength hasn't returned, you don't play him...If his flexibility hasn't returned, you DON'T PLAY HIM.....

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The worst grass field is better than astro turf...Play him if he's ready...Limit his touches since he's probably not in football shape...If he's gonna re-injure his knee, it was meant to be...Sitting out 3-4-8 more games doesn't ensure his knee won't pop....playing a few plays, will build him up...
If he's not ready..not 100%..You don't play him...if his strength hasn't returned, you don't play him...If his flexibility hasn't returned, you DON'T PLAY HIM.....

I respectfully have to disagree with you there, Champ. You and I both saw that Fedex Field when RG3 tore up that knee and I've seen fairgrounds that looked in better shape than that field. It has a tendency to get just TORN UP.

Normally, I'd agree with you that Grass >> artificial turf, but in this case... Grass >> Artificial turf >>> Fedex Field.

It's really that bad. And Lord forbid it's rained or snowed prior to game time.

Lastly, I think it's really important if Gurley is who we think we is that he debut at home and that we bring him along like a fighter who's destined to be champ. You don't have his first fight be in a crappy venue where fighters have been injured because of the ring.

Otherwise, I agree with you. You play him when he's ready and not before. Comparisons to AP don't cut it because AP was already a skilled NFL RB prior to his injury.