(Poll)You are Jeff Fisher. You make the call...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

When do you put Gurley into the lineup and give him carries?

• Week 2 @ Washington

• Week 3 vs Pittsburgh

• Week 4 @ Arizona

• Week 5 @ Green Bay

• Week 7 after the bye vs Cleveland

• Week 8 vs San Francisco

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
So the trainer and medical staff come to you Wednesday morning and simply say..."Number 30. He's ready."

What's your decision?
f75ae85afeabdf0f10f8a6392832d821.jpg

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
Man, honestly I might leave him out for the first 5 games. I want to be extra cautious with him and a duo of Mason/Cunningham is something you can win games with.

Realistic scenario...we're 3-2 going into the bye with Gurley more than ready to make his presence felt week 7 vs the Browns.

All that being said, I see him back vs the Steelers.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Man, honestly I might leave him out for the first 5 games. I want to be extra cautious with him and a duo of Mason/Cunningham is something you can win games with.

Realistic scenario...we're 3-2 going into the bye with Gurley more than ready to make his presence felt week 7 vs the Browns.

All that being said, I see him back vs the Steelers.

Trio with Austin.

Still, some warm up runs before he starts week 7 is warranted I think and even a start if he produces.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Are we willing to take a loss because we won't start a RB who has been cleared for a month?

That's the real question. They all agree he's ready.

The best of the best have cleared him.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Start building up his carries from week 3 and then start him from after the bye. Mason (once he's back) and Bam Bam can deal with the bulk of the carries between them in the meantime. Bam Bam was excellent on Sunday and allows us a bit of breathing room.

Whatever happens its a great position to be in compared to how this scenario would have played out a few seasons ago.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I voted after the bye week, but not necessarily because i don't trust the doctors. If I'm Fisher, i realize that he's a rookie who played in 6 games last year and only 10 the year before that. The rookie wall is real for most guys, even if they're not coming off a major injury. I like my RB's and Mason is perfectly capable as is Cunningham to win games for me through the first 6 weeks of the season. If the Rams are losing games it won't be because of our RB's(that's my opinion).
I want Gurley hitting his stride in November and December with fresh legs.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
When he's healthy, and not 110% healthy, not has 0% chance of injury healthy, not I'm really scared because Bradford re-injured his knee healthy, but all 31 other teams would play him healthy.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

^This^

If the Docs & Fisher say he's ready, then why hold him back ? Maybe limit his carries some, but if he's ready, he needs to be unleashed.

If there are still concerns, he doesn't belong on the field, but if the guys who are paid the big bucks to make proper decisions say he's a go, … then cut him loose from the tethers. jmo.

Last edited:

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Being cleared to play and being ready could be two different things.

That said, I still think you find a role for him in the 3rd game unless you really need that roster spot for someone else.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
If he's ready, then he's ready - we invested a lot in him, so why keep him off the playing field? There is an injury risk EVERY week, with all players, I can't see how keeping a player that's been cleared to play and 100% fit and healed off the field for an extra week or two is going to help us.

Start him off slowly mixing reps with Mason (if he's fit) and BamBam. There are going to be certain games, against certain defences, on certain surfaces that the balance of who the lead runner will change, it may be Gurley one week, Mason the next, then BamBam - we're in an enviable position to have options at the position. Being in that position also keeps opposing DCs thinking - who do we plan our defence around??

So i started him against the Redskins...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I voted week 4 but I wonder if some of the Cardinals players would be looking for revenge and try to take him out. We hurt both of their QBs last year. Neither was a dirty hit but some guys just don't care. So I would change it to after the bye.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
The medical staff gets paid a lot of big bucks to make decisions if a players ready. If everyone is on the same page that he's good to go, I'd play him this week, probably with a designed package to give him a few touches easing him back in. Maybe 10 snaps this week. He's a game changer folks, you have to use and take advantage when you can.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
IF Pead is back in Fishers doghouse were short on Rb.Hopefully that has no bearing to play him if cleared on that poor excuse for a field.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If he's really, really ready, I'd play him right now. Strictly on running downs and I'd move the pocket if he's in there on passing downs. Or use him for play-action. If I'm Fisher, I run him through the gauntlet in practice and wait until week 3 to give him reps, and possibly week 7 to be the feature back.