Official Apology.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like I've said before, I wouldn't be surprised if some players do not flourish here and there after spending their time in the cellar of offenses under Fisher. Like Cook or not, he played in the most dismal of offenses in the NFL.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Why do I get the feeling you will be rooting for the Rams to fail, especially against Wentz and the Eagles?
I'd say you're a weirdo....but I'm not supposed to call people names....but that's a weird feeling.
Cook isn't anywhere near the outrageous contract his friend, Jeff Fisher, gave him... but he's still a model of under achiever.

But, yeah, see what you want.
What does his contract have to do with production? Cook vs 3 TE's.....If you wanna go all spottrack, relative value...whatever....

He's doing what 3 others are doing...on a worse offense...with another out of his league OC. I'm sure McVay could get something out of him...

I see production....

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Yeah so what’s your point? One example your trying to bring to his defense? How about I roast you with the outwhelming pile of ineptitude that is Jared Cook as a Ram.

Obama-Drops-the-Mic.gif

Because the clip you chose to rag on him is negated by his performance overall in that particular game.

Speaking of points, what does "roasting me" accomplish? It's simple, he didn't work out. Certainly not the worst signing. He had his moments, had his fails, no longer on the team.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I'd say you're a weirdo....but I'm not supposed to call people names....but that's a weird feeling.
What does his contract have to do with production? Cook vs 3 TE's.....If you wanna go all spottrack, relative value...whatever....

He's doing what 3 others are doing...on a worse offense...with another out of his league OC. I'm sure McVay could get something out of him...

I see production....
I thought Cook was a playmaker though not a perfect player. But he was right to be angry at the bad offense and bad qb play-- as we now all see in retrospect-- he was open a lot where he didn't get the ball--better to be angry than to give up as the O did later. We also forget that it was not easy to sign free agents to the formerly pitiful and helpless Rams O-- the team had limited choices and had to pay a premium.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This was a lotta’ fun - I might start a thread more often. :huh:

And by the way @sellasie, thanks for all the support - you’re the guy jumped my shit at the Thordaddy game when I said he sucked. :cautious:

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
OK OK OK...:giveup: Tough crowd.
I apologize for the apology. :baghead:
What I SHOULD have said, is I thought (and still do) he stunk with the Rams, and has looked better in other offenses.:boxing:

Slow news day.

LOL Vegas, this whole thread is quite amusing. Positive comments about Cook obviously strike a nerve around here!

This board has stolen your crow—as the soup nazi might say, No Crow For You!
https://giphy.com/gifs/seinfeld-soup-nazi-no-for-you-3xz2BtrwQ2wIBeciAw

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm disappointed in this response... you throw your hands up when the value proposition is discussed and say "whatever"... did you get that from your kiddo? :LOL:
Value is HUGE in the NFL. Pay for performance is critical and Cook never has, and isn't delivering.

YOU brought them up... suggesting that the current Rams TEs are not producing to the same level as Cook... I proved that as being incorrect.

So, you're sure McVay would get something outta him? Of course, supposition.

You mean the same way McVay has been able to get something out of Watkins... who takes plays off?
Gee, who else does that? Oh, yeah... Cook.
Aaaand, he refuses to block. McVay kinda likes TEAM players... ya know, guys who will give 100% for the TEAM?

Britt is gone... clearly, McVay figured out what he was all about (himself)... and Cook is drawn from the same cloth.

Cook wouldn't be on a McVay team. Period.

C'mon LA... SMH. .

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
You mean the same way McVay has been able to get something out of Watkins... who takes plays off?
trust me, we'll need Sammy to win the West. BEST WR on the TEAM.

Aaaand, he refuses to block. McVay kinda likes TEAM players... ya know, guys who will give 100% for the TEAM?
I guess our TE's have been blocking to your satisfaction. I guess the TE position has produced to your liking. That's cool, I say we should have better production due to McVay's history of his TE play in his offenses.

Those seem to be your position. Which is of course your right.

I simply put the numbers out there....Cook, in a worse offense. With a struggling QB....has similar numbers to all 3 players....irrespective of cost...if you get one guy that can do the job of 3, that's a bargain. IMO, of course.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess our TE's have been blocking to your satisfaction. I guess the TE position has produced to your liking. That's cool, I say we should have better production due to McVay's history of his TE play in his offenses.
Of course not... I'd love for our TEs to be more productive... and, if they were being paid what Cook is? I'd be pretty darned vocal.

But, as it is, they seem to be producing commensurate with their salaries... it's what you expect from an employee. Cook is not (producing commensurate with his salary).
It really is that simple... I'm sure you can see that.

But you never addressed my assertion that McVay would never have a player like Cook on his team. Is that a good thing or a bad thing (since you have such a high opinion of him)?

You're an interesting dude... seem to like the underdogs... Robinson, Quick, Cook, Watkins... all similar in one way:
Have not lived up to their potential.

I think McVay has taken a page from the Bellichick book... don't produce to your potential? You are gone (bye Robinson... bye Britt... trust me, Cook would be gone too).

But, carry on in your defense of these under-achievers. I'm sure they appreciate the votes of confidence. ;):LOL:

trust me, we'll need Sammy to win the West. BEST WR on the TEAM.
Of course, that's not close to being true. And, no matter how loud you scream it (CAPS), it doesn't make it true.

Best WR on the team? That'd be Woods, sir.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
But you never addressed my assertion that McVay would never have a player like Cook on his team. Is that a good thing or a bad thing (since you have such a high opinion of him)?
Player like Cook?
I'm sure we have several....but I'm not sure what type you mean? If you're talking about the route running stuff....like effort....I don't know...I really think Cook is a good team player....more likely you saw frustration with his play. I'm pretty positive Cook had had it with the offensive scheme....and that kind of stuff will show.
You're an interesting dude... seem to like the underdogs... Robinson, Quick, Cook, Watkins... all similar in one way:
Have not lived up to their potential.
hmmmm....
I wouldn't put Watkins in with those guys.

As far as Quick, Cook, and Robinson...I'd say they were under-coached.

Best WR on the team? That'd be Woods, sir.
I'll just say, we have to agree to disagree on this one.

Sammy will be a stud...if used correctly. I believe Woods is playing pretty near the top of his potential.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Player like Cook?
I'm sure we have several....but I'm not sure what type you mean? If you're talking about the route running stuff....like effort....I don't know...I really think Cook is a good team player....more likely you saw frustration with his play. I'm pretty positive Cook had had it with the offensive scheme....and that kind of stuff will show.
Well, pretty sure McVay wouldn't want his "frustration". McVay strikes me as the kind of coach that wants his player "frustration" to manifest itself in harder effort and determination... not pushing your fellow teamates around... complaining... refusing to block and taking plays off.

hmmmm....
I wouldn't put Watkins in with those guys.
Underachievers? Sure he fits.

As far as Quick, Cook, and Robinson...I'd say they were under-coached.
Funny stuff... really.

Sammy will be a stud
Maybe... maybe not. He sure as heck isn't one now.

We'll see how this pans out... but I suspect that IF Watkins doesn't get more targets soon, he'll "act" his way out of LA.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Of course not... I'd love for our TEs to be more productive... and, if they were being paid what Cook is? I'd be pretty darned vocal.
Cook is being paid pretty reasonably for his production on his current contract.
Kelce is top TE with 568 yards and getting paid 9.6 mill
Zac Ertz 2nd TE with 528 yards getting 8.5 mill
Gronk 3rd 509 yds 9 mill
Brate 4th on rookie deal 405 yards
Jack Doyle 5th, 387 yards 6.5 mill
Cook 6th at 373 yards at 5.3 mill
The guy who replaced Cook in Green Bay, Martellus Bennett is making 7 mill and is at 233 yards

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kelce is top TE with 568 yards and getting paid 9.6 mill
4 TDs through 8 games
Zac Ertz 2nd TE with 528 yards getting 8.5 mill
6 TDs through 8 games
Gronk 3rd 509 yds 9 mill
5 TDs through 7 games
Brate 4th on rookie deal 405 yards
4 TDs through 7 games
Jack Doyle 5th, 387 yards 6.5 mill
2 TDs through 7 games
Cook 6th at 373 yards at 5.3 mill
1 TD through 8 games

Realize I've "moved the goalposts" a tad here... but, the first few guys? They get paid for what they produce in the red zone... Cook is the worst at that (per your list).

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
4 TDs through 8 games

6 TDs through 8 games

5 TDs through 7 games

4 TDs through 7 games

2 TDs through 7 games

1 TD through 8 games

Realize I've "moved the goalposts" a tad here... but, the first few guys? They get paid for what they produce in the red zone... Cook is the worst at that (per your list).
Moving the goal posts a lot.....
Production is production.
He's in the conversation and paid less than all of them on that list.
Can dislike the player all you want, but he is being paid properly

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can dislike the player all you want, but he is being paid properly

Well, I'm not gonna lie... didn't like him before the shoving episode (lack of effort to me) and he hasn't done anything since to acquit himself.

To me, he's still an overpaid under achiever... that sounds emotional, but it really isn't.

That how he stacks up to me.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Ugh. Another "me first" non team player that I'm glad is gone.
Under achiever that has his game raised by what is going on around him rather than a player who raises the ability of those around him.

People that pine for players like Jenkins, Cook, whoever that is gone don't understand the team concept and the positive nature of what McVay wants in a team.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, I'm not gonna lie... didn't like him before the shoving episode (lack of effort to me) and he hasn't done anything since to acquit himself.

To me, he's still an overpaid under achiever... that sounds emotional, but it really isn't.

That how he stacks up to me.
You hated the signing, and he didnt do anything to make you change your mind. I get that. And I respect that. I just felt that Cook was another example of the dysfunction of Fisher. Bring in (and over pay) Cook to be a hybrid TE/Slot guy, have him blow up in his first game, then scrap the whole offense 3 games later and expect the guy to be an inline TE.
He's an enigma all right, I just think he's a better player than he gets credit for.
No matter, he aint a Ram any more so it isnt worth a debate