New Rams logos

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
@JonRam99 - You may well be right, I'd have to be there in person, or see a section of the stadium to be sure, but even if it is the case, I suspect those on the upper deck will be looking at the oculus, (or at their phones lol), more than the field, and certainly more than the other side of the stadium. Shadows may be there, but with all the shit going on in the roof structure, and the translucence of the panels, as opposed to being clear, they should be pretty indistinct. they have a busy roof structure in Phoenix, and having been there several times, have never noticed any distracting shadows.
JMO.
As far as getting input from others (non-architects), that is so very true, and has happened several times over the last 45 years.
Guess it's like the double profile/vase image, where different people see different things.

Cheers.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
They copied the logo of Angelo State University. I foresee a copyright lawsuit.

Logo way too close to looking Charger-ish. Rams horn looks like a 'C'. Colors fit both teams, LA fits both teams Perfect for folks who like the Rams and the Squatters. They can wear that hat to all Sofi home games and root for both teams.

Bottom line is this logo is too close to both team, or maybe that was thier intention.
Two years' development and probably millions of dollars and they fuckin ripped off ASU's logo.

Sorry but this entire thing isn't just bad. It is a fucking catastrophe.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
Two years' development and probably millions of dollars and they fuckin ripped off ASU's logo.

Sorry but this entire thing isn't just bad. It is a fucking catastrophe.

Yeah that is a pretty bad look, it's like the design team procrastinated until the night before then copied someone else's homework :palm:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
While I tend to agree regarding the logos & colors, often what we can't control as designers is simple associations that the public makes that a focus group misses -- i.e. it looks like a morning news show logo. I've designed a number of buildings that I thought looked great, but then someone with no architectural training looks at it & goes *it looks like a taco stand" or something completely out of left field, but then it sticks for some stupid reason, smh. It's why I often show my most "out on a limb" designs to my wife first, to get her unbiased reaction - she's a teacher not a designer, so it's really helpful just to hear a "that's pretty cool" or a "meh" to see if I'm in the ballpark.
"morning show" is even relevant & not completely out of left field, because it was somewhat intended - the intent is to reflect a "sunny LA", a new beginning, brighter colors, a positive direction, etc.
Likewise the building design criticisms have some merit, even if coming from someone with no design experience. The shadows on the field may be a bit distracting for fans, probably not for the players at all. The shadows will be softer of course, due to the "frit" pattern on the ETFE, but depending on season & time of day they'll be present to some degree.
The oculus comments were made by me I think, so I'll respond. True, even fans in the upper sections will still be able to see the field, but directly in front of them will be the oculus. What do you think they're going to see first? just like a supermarket will put items they want shoppers to see first in the center / middle, the oculus will be eye-level with them. Being illuminated, with lots of 4k video content + audio related to said video content, it will be hard for fans at SoFI to focus on the action down on the field level. Furthermore, what the oculus WILL block is views of the other fans - part of the stadium experience is seeing 70,000 other people losing their minds when we score a TD. Over half of them will be partially or totally hidden behind the oculus for those in the upper levels. The lower levels of course won't have this problem.
I won't know all this for sure until I'm actually there in person, but judging from the upper-level views I've seen on the internet, where you're looking down to the field, the bottom chords of the roof cables stretch down to where they're right in front of you, and even lower than you by a bit. Once the oculus is lifted, it will be even lower than the upper-level eye-level, if that makes sense. Again, mid & lower levels won't have this problem, and in fact will have awesome views, my concern has always been that the upper levels will have partially obstructed views - not of the field, itself, but of the other side of the stadium. In fact, from the top level, I think the bottom edge of the oculus will be just above the opposite side line. Which will make it almost completely distracting.
A couple of points... Yes, I recognize the hard work that artists put in in coming up with something new and unique. Yet, it's the patron of the product who decides if it's good or not...fair or unfair. Now the group who designs the art may think it's top notch, and it may be in their circle, but it's joe-six-pack with his gut reaction who may define it, and that collective definition will stick.

As for the nosebleed seats in SoFi, I have a different perspective. When I was a kid, my Dad and I sat in the upper levels at the LA Memorial Coliseum in 1973. The players looked like ants, and I kept thinking how much better I could see on the television at home. My eyes were perfect back then and I couldn't make out individual players without binoculars. When the scoreboards could show live action, I tended to watch the screen more than the play on the field. With the hi-definition occulus at SoFi, it will be better than anything at home. I can visualize that it will be eye level for the top tier seats and will attract their eyes, naturally. Maybe the tiers will be much more steep at SoFi than at the LA Memorial Coliseum, and so maybe the view will be actually closer? Also, maybe the noise will be much more concentrated, so that would be cool. I would like to go to one game at the new place, which will most likely be in the seating area in front of the occulus...Maybe I'll like looking down at the live action instead of the screen...maybe.

EasyE

Starter
Overall I'm happy with the colors, thought it was going to be a darker blue, but the Royal blue has been a staple and I'm pleased. @LoyalRam has found his sea-legs again and I like his or whoever he copied it from much better, but all in all I'm not displeased although I felt the Ram Head should have been more defined.

Ordered the Hat with the LA Swirl, because I'm a believer in wear it loud, wear it proud. The helmet & uniforms are the next big thing most will be looking at every Sunday and I feel confident all fans will embrace the new uniforms...Stay Healthy everyone!

View attachment 34847

View attachment 34848

can we not make the yellows a consistent color? it varies from bright yellow to and darker orange sunrise yellow...which is correct?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Those of you who are so adamant that the new logos are just hot garbage... you certainly have a right to your own taste and opinions. The thing is, criticism always works better when you offer alternatives... whether the alternatives are better or not doesn't really matter... it provides substance.

The only examples of alternatives I've seen are the new Ram logos that were presented yesterday with minor tweaks. They are the same basic logos though. Nothing original has been presented by the most vocal critics.

Several years ago I wanted to create a cool Ram logo for myself and use it here on the site. I actually paid a professional to help me create my vision. Looking at the video the Rams posted yesterday with all of the different drawings gave me a flashback to when I was trying to do this. Some of those full bodied Ram drawings are almost exactly like some of the drawings I was going through. It took me about 3 months to come up with something that worked for me... so I didn't rush it and I didn't just rely on my own taste in the decision either. I ran examples by some of my friends who are in my age group and I also ran it by my college aged sons and a number of their friends. Hell, I even showed the wife and her friends different ideas as I was going along with the process.

I discovered that everybody really liked different things about the examples I was trying to decide between. Really different things. I realized at that point that I was going to have to decide on something to use and just go from there... the more folks I asked... the more impossible it became to narrow the choices. I was actually trying to decide between using a full bodied ram, just a ram horn, a cartoon like ram head, a real ram head, or a skull ram head. Those were the options I was able to narrow it down to... I was working with more initially, many many more.

The reason I wanted to do this is that I really didn't like our current logo at that time. Imagine that LOL. I wanted something more menacing and tough looking, and also new and different. It sounded real easy in my head when I 1st started. Well, it didn't turn out to be an easy thing at all... even though my goal was fairly simple and straightforward.

I put up my end result here on the site for a short time. It was cool in my eyes and I had some other members who thought the same. However, just like these new logos that were dropped yesterday, many people just didn't care for it the same way that I did. Having gone this this very process myself... yesterday's reactions that are all across the board do not surprise me in the slightest. Add in the fact that people naturally resist change and this response we've all witnessed should have been no surprise no matter what the new logos looked like.

So... those of you who don't like it... I ask you to present something original of your own. One that you really believe is badass as they come. Don't steal from the new ones that were presented yesterday. Present one of your own that you think is superior. I'm telling you right now though... don't get pissed when everyone doesn't agree with your hard work... because it's definitely gonna happen.

I look forward to looking at what others may create and present.

In the meantime.... I'm going to adjust my eyes and mind into our new logos the best that I can. The team presented 3 different versions too. It takes time to adjust to any change... this won't be any different. I really like the new Ram head logo as presented... it's a major improvement to the one we've had. And guess what???... I may even like it better than the one I came up with... if I'm being honest with myself I can admit right now that I like our new one better than mine.

EasyE

Starter
Those of you who are so adamant that the new logos are just hot garbage... you certainly have a right to your own taste and opinions. The thing is, criticism always works better when you offer alternatives... whether the alternatives are better or not doesn't really matter... it provides substance.

The only examples of alternatives I've seen are the new Ram logos that were presented yesterday with minor tweaks. They are the same basic logos though. Nothing original has been presented by the most vocal critics.

Several years ago I wanted to create a cool Ram logo for myself and use it here on the site. I actually paid a professional to help me create my vision. Looking at the video the Rams posted yesterday with all of the different drawings gave me a flashback to when I was trying to do this. Some of those full bodied Ram drawings are almost exactly like some of the drawings I was going through. It took me about 3 months to come up with something that worked for me... so I didn't rush it and I didn't just rely on my own taste in the decision either. I ran examples by some of my friends who are in my age group and I also ran it by my college aged sons and a number of their friends. Hell, I even showed the wife and her friends different ideas as I was going along with the process.

I discovered that everybody really liked different things about the examples I was trying to decide between. Really different things. I realized at that point that I was going to have to decide on something to use and just go from there... the more folks I asked... the more impossible it became to narrow the choices. I was actually trying to decide between using a full bodied ram, just a ram horn, a cartoon like ram head, a real ram head, or a skull ram head. Those were the options I was able to narrow it down to... I was working with more initially, many many more.

The reason I wanted to do this is that I really didn't like our current logo at that time. Imagine that LOL. I wanted something more menacing and tough looking, and also new and different. It sounded real easy in my head when I 1st started. Well, it didn't turn out to be an easy thing at all... even though my goal was fairly simple and straightforward.

I put up my end result here on the site for a short time. It was cool in my eyes and I had some other members who thought the same. However, just like these new logos that were dropped yesterday, many people just didn't care for it the same way that I did. Having gone this this very process myself... yesterday's reactions that are all across the board do not surprise me in the slightest. Add in the fact that people naturally resist change and this response we've all witnessed should have been no surprise no matter what the new logos looked like.

So... those of you who don't like it... I ask you to present something original of your own. One that you really believe is badass as they come. Don't steal from the new ones that were presented yesterday. Present one of your own that you think is superior. I'm telling you right now though... don't get pissed when everyone doesn't agree with your hard work... because it's definitely gonna happen.

In the meantime.... I'm going to adjust my eyes and mind into our new logos the best that I can. The team presented 3 different versions too. It takes time to adjust to any change... this won't be any different. I really like the new Ram head logo as presented... it's a major improvement to the one we've had. And guess what???... I may even like it better than the one I came up with... if I'm being honest with myself I can admit right now that I like our new one better than mine.

Kevin, that you?....lol....lots of food for thought in your post...thanks for posting your experience

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Pay me what they paid Nike and I'll work on it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I’ve expressed how it can be better. It looks like LAC which is the Chargers and Clippers. Our little logo has no Ram in it. You look at reddit and other sites the Rams icon the LAC and nothing for a Ram. We’ve gone generic and don’t identify as the a Rams! We look like the Chargers now by our logo.

edit when did this start auto changing when I type out c h a r g e r s? Stop that crap.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I’ve expressed how it can be better. It looks like LAC which is the Squatters and Clippers. Our little logo has no Ram in it. You look at reddit and other sites the Rams icon the LAC and nothing for a Ram. We’ve gone generic and don’t identify as the a Rams! We look like the Squatters now by our logo.

edit when did this start auto changing when I type out c h a r g e r s? Stop that crap.

Haha

It was a recent request for that auto correct.

AlphaRam

Rookie
This logo is bombing hard. Nothing has sold out so far from the store and it's all readily available. The only two items that sold out were the hats the with the Ram head, the secondary logo. Go figure.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’ve expressed how it can be better. It looks like LAC which is the Squatters and Clippers. Our little logo has no Ram in it. You look at reddit and other sites the Rams icon the LAC and nothing for a Ram. We’ve gone generic and don’t identify as the a Rams! We look like the Squatters now by our logo.

You S Q U A T T E R hater!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
When our last logo came out I was ambivalent. Didn't really like it but since it was what we in the aviation maintenance world would call "within limits" for most fans nobody cared. Very few really hated it.

This one there are some who like it and some who are ambivalent about it. But the difference is there's a metric ass ton of folks who hate it.

The Rams will transition to the Ram head logo soon as their primary. Why? Because those hats are already sold out. And hopefully they'll dress that logo up a bit to include an eye and maybe a nasty looking demeanor. Why? Because this is football and fans prefer emblems that have some fucking fight in them.

I think it's very sad that this emblem was made by a fan within one day of the release and is better:

1585070349428.png

Than this dial tone of an emblem:

1585070546995.png

Which makes me...

1585070430978.png

But it's all good the team will pivot on this. There's plenty of other teams' similar failures to look at for an example of how that goes, like one of the worst results of extensive group creative exercises with big budgets:

1585070684086.png

Last edited:

WarnerToBruce

Gridiron Sage
Rams On Demand Sponsor
SportsBook Bookie
Name
Phil
I do like the Loyal design, but the yellow eyes look like horns start below the eye. And do we really need LA in the logo?

Just don't know why they F'd with the snarl. We're playing football, not golf!

Adding the snarl back also gives a nod to the past, per Demoff's goal.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I do like the Loyal design, but the yellow eyes look like horns start below the eye. And do we really need LA in the logo?

Just don't know why they F'd with the snarl. We're playing football, not golf!

Adding the snarl back also gives a nod to the past, per Demoff's goal.
The yellow eyes show that the Ram's head is a demonic! Can't mess with the Demon Ram!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The yellow eyes show that the Ram's head is a demonic! Can't mess with the Demon Ram!
Hey Loyal, did you design that pic in your avatar? I saw it posted by NFL Memes yesterday.....

1585073813170.png