Mortal Lock: Brock Osweiler to the LA Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

diggity

Rookie
The next QB the RAMS pick up has got to be the QB of the future. Osweiler? Denver will want the bank for Osweiler. He proved his worth.
J.M.H.O., but...the RAMS need to go all out for a franchise QB. Get him to start off in LA, and never look back.
The only problem with that...Fisher has shown, more often than not( obviously so far, Gurley is one key exception)...that he doesn't know DIDDLEY SQUAT about picking up QUALITY OFFENSIVE players.
GO RAMS!!!!!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The next QB the RAMS pick up has got to be the QB of the future. Osweiler? Denver will want the bank for Osweiler. He proved his worth.
J.M.H.O., but...the RAMS need to go all out for a franchise QB. Get him to start off in LA, and never look back.
The only problem with that...Fisher has shown, more often than not( obviously so far, Gurley is one key exception)...that he doesn't know DIDDLEY SQUAT about picking up QUALITY OFFENSIVE players.
GO RAMS!!!!!
Osweiler would be a unrestricted FA if they don't franchise him, diggity...So it would an open market kind of thing....

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Are you sure bro? He has that certain je ne sais quoi..that certain mojo....;)
This>
588.jpg
?

They benched him for a broken down Manning.
Everyone can be forgiven for loss of sense, right? And I disagree he was going to lose the game vs SD.....In fact, it would have been wise to see if he could have pulled the game out since, in effect, he's the future. He needs to play this weekend as the weather will be effecting throws, and while Peyton's HGH body looks repaired, he still lacks the ability to stretch the field with long throws, and his mobility is worse than my granny's....Hell, I'm almost 50 and can run better than Peyton.

Simply put, Brock Osweiler can play...He looked good at ASU, and is a stud athlete. Much like Tannehill, he'll grow into the position with MORE experience. Belichick can't game plan for scrambling....but he can take away zones of the field if your arm is limited.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This>
588.jpg
?

Everyone can be forgiven for loss of sense, right? And I disagree he was going to lose the game vs SD.....In fact, it would have been wise to see if he could have pulled the game out since, in effect, he's the future. He needs to play this weekend as the weather will be effecting throws, and while Peyton's HGH body looks repaired, he still lacks the ability to stretch the field with long throws, and his mobility is worse than my granny's....Hell, I'm almost 50 and can run better than Peyton.

Simply put, Brock Osweiler can play...He looked good at ASU, and is a stud athlete. Much like Tannehill, he'll grow into the position with MORE experience. Belichick can't game plan for scrambling....but he can take away zones of the field if your arm is limited.

Osweiler hasn't done much of anything scrambling this year. He's not immobile but he's not a major running threat. I disagree that Osweiler can play. He's not a quality starter.

As for them sticking with him, they were down 13-7 in the second half and Osweiler had turned it over 3 times already. Manning came in and they scored 20 points in the second half to win 27-20. They made the right move.

They are making the right move sticking with Manning. Manning is limited but his command of the offense makes a huge difference. And long throws aren't the issue. It's throws outside the numbers that are the issue.

The Broncos aren't playing for the future. They're playing for a Super Bowl. Osweiler wasn't getting it done. Which is why he got benched.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree with this although, I like him better than what we currently have on the roster.

That's not saying much haha. I like a number of guys better than what we have that I wouldn't be comfortable with as our sole option. :whistle:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Posters seem split on Osweiler. I'm not sure but seems the Rams could do equal or better in the draft for less money. Snead is going to have to figure out who he can get in the early in the draft and weigh it against paying Brock Osweiler.

Well if the Rams are set on trading for another mediocre QB don't forget McCarron in Cincy. That's another team that will likely be padding their draft position by moving their depth guy and then turn around and draft what will probably be a better prospect in rounds 2-4 in this draft.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I just can't see Denver letting him go as one would have to think this is Manning's last year. If they let him go, who will play QB for them next season?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just can't see Denver letting him go as one would have to think this is Manning's last year. If they let him go, who will play QB for them next season?

If I were them, I'd grab someone else and draft someone. Especially if Cook falls to the late first.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If I were them, I'd grab someone else and draft someone. Especially if Cook falls to the late first.
Maybe but is that really a rookie QB type team right now? I don't see it. I suppose if they feel the rebuilding should start now but I'm thinking they see Brock as a plug and play QB while they maybe groom another one. I'm thinking they keep him and also draft a QB fairly early.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe but is that really a rookie QB type team right now? I don't see it. I suppose if they feel the rebuilding should start now but I'm thinking they see Brock as a plug and play QB while they maybe groom another one. I'm thinking they keep him and also draft a QB fairly early.

I'd say yes. Gotta start over sometime. I don't see Brock as the future. So if they want to be a competitive team for the foreseeable future, it means looking for a guy that can be their franchise QB.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Looking at the list free agent quarterbacks for 2016, the pickings are slim. The only ones even worth considering will likely not hit the open market. Fitzpatrick looks to be the cream of the crap. But does anyone think the Jets will let him go? After that, are any of those free agents any better than Keenum? Bradford maybe, but that ship has sailed. I don't see a reunion there.

I'm sorry to say, but it looks like Keenum with Foles as the backup. I think they really have to take a chance on whoever the best available quarterback in the draft is. Quarterbacks are the ones who make or break a team. Barring a trade up I think Connor Cook or Carson Wentz will be the best available quarterbacks at number 15.

I like Wentz for his upside and athletic ability, but can Fisher afford to wait for him until he thinks he's ready? Could take a couple years knowing Fisher's tendency to keep rookie quarterbacks inactive on game days. Cook might be more ready earlier than Wentz, but again, Fisher's history shows rookies don't get the same consideration.

So it looks like Keenum it the guy. Can he be that guy for 16 games? Can he make enough plays to keep defenses from stacking the box to stop Gurley? I have my doubts, but its looking more and more like he's all we got.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Osweiler will be back up quality at best with the Rams.

And to everyone wanting to cut Chris long to pick up a FA big name. Without Chris Long our D-line is a poorer unit. He makes Robert Quinn a better player.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher is a fool if he keeps a first round rookie on the bench for Keenum. The only way that is acceptable is if the first round QB doesn't have the scheme down in time.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Osweiler will be back up quality at best with the Rams.

And to everyone wanting to cut Chris long to pick up a FA big name. Without Chris Long our D-line is a poorer unit. He makes Robert Quinn a better player.

Chris Long was terrible this year. Dude hasn't been a quality player since 2013. It's time to move on.

diggity

Rookie
Osweiler would be a unrestricted FA if they don't franchise him, diggity...So it would an open market kind of thing....

Thanks Loyal One!
If the RAMS try and actually make him the future...then he's worth a shot. If not, I just don't want and "hope" or "potential" to get into Fishers decision. This has to be a rock solid steadfast decision. The RAMS have been playing around with "iffy" QBs for too long.
I will say, that I think Bradford would have done very well had he not gotten his major injuries, and played with a lack of offensive talent around him. But...what's done is done.
GO RAMS!!!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'd say yes. Gotta start over sometime. I don't see Brock as the future. So if they want to be a competitive team for the foreseeable future, it means looking for a guy that can be their franchise QB.
Maybe so but getting rid of Brock leaves them with two holes to fill at a vital position. I'm not too sure Brock commands as much salary as some want to say he will get. Add to that I certainly don't want the Rams to be that team that offers him some big contract thinking he will be the next Matt Cassel. :whistle:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe so but getting rid of Brock leaves them with two holes to fill at a vital position. I'm not too sure Brock commands as much salary as some want to say he will get. Add to that I certainly don't want the Rams to be that team that offers him some big contract thinking he will be the next Matt Cassel. :whistle:

Yea but if I'm the Broncos, I don't want to be that team either. ;)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Looking at the list free agent quarterbacks for 2016, the pickings are slim. The only ones even worth considering will likely not hit the open market. Fitzpatrick looks to be the cream of the crap. But does anyone think the Jets will let him go? After that, are any of those free agents any better than Keenum? Bradford maybe, but that ship has sailed. I don't see a reunion there.

I'm sorry to say, but it looks like Keenum with Foles as the backup. I think they really have to take a chance on whoever the best available quarterback in the draft is. Quarterbacks are the ones who make or break a team. Barring a trade up I think Connor Cook or Carson Wentz will be the best available quarterbacks at number 15.

I like Wentz for his upside and athletic ability, but can Fisher afford to wait for him until he thinks he's ready? Could take a couple years knowing Fisher's tendency to keep rookie quarterbacks inactive on game days. Cook might be more ready earlier than Wentz, but again, Fisher's history shows rookies don't get the same consideration.

So it looks like Keenum it the guy. Can he be that guy for 16 games? Can he make enough plays to keep defenses from stacking the box to stop Gurley? I have my doubts, but its looking more and more like he's all we got.
Personally, I think it will be between Keenum and Mannion for the starting gig. I really hope the Foles ship has sailed and he would need to suddenly be lights out to even make the team. We are not carrying 4 QBs into 2016 and I can't see the Rams cutting Mannion unless he has really showed to be worthless. My bet is Mannion actually ends up as our starter on day one. Our young O-line will be ready to give him protection and understand blocking assignments for the run game. That would set up for Mannion's game.