Mortal Lock: Brock Osweiler to the LA Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Denver won't let him go is what I'm betting...

But Brock looks like the next Nick Foles to me... I'd look elsewhere.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
If they were to let him go - someone at the most important position - with Manning at the end of his career, what would that say about him?

Ramatik

Starter
There isn't a vet out there that is really worth it. Denver isn't letting him go. I'd take him, but not as the "answer". I'd like a difference maker too. But those are rare. Our best shot is the draft. And he doesn't need to be even a first rounder. It's such a crap shoot. Hell, draft five quarterbacks and see if one works out.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If they were to let him go - someone at the most important position - with Manning at the end of his career, what would that say about him?
It would say they didn't think a whole lot of him, and they could replace him with a rookie...and it also says that Von Miller is highly valued..Remember the premise, is that Von Miller is fracnhised, setting the ball in motion.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I knew you'd chime in, my friend. LOL
I'll send a message to Fisher and co. and let them you will play for free.
I have at least a series of plays left in me too, I'll join you.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Funny how we look at things...I look at our QB situation even with a more negative view but close to flv here. I thought the Rams has one #3 QB in Nick Foles & may be closer to a WWC. Then the other QB under contract was only active for one game his rookie season ....is a total UN known to me where Mannion might be anywhere from a #2 down to a WWC.

Our 2015 opening season #2 QB Case Keenum (being a RFA in a few months) could hold out for a long while & test this very poor free agent QB market to see if he could get some interest from all these other QB starved teams, as flv has eluded too above. Case is a southern type guy who played most of his life in East Texas till he went up the Mississippi River to St Louis. He may not desire the life in LA????

This 2016 QB class like other yrs is going to be in very high demand. I expect some big surprises in this yrs draft.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
A lot of Denver's offensive woes are on OC Kubiak. He stinks on ice and is making everyone look bad.

I dunno what Osweiler has, but I don't think this season fully showed it.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I don't want him. Denver has tons of talent on offense and he never really stood out to me. I want a difference-maker at QB. I don't see Osweiler as that.

Agree with this although, I like him better than what we currently have on the roster.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
They benched him for a broken down Manning.

And he was producing better than Manning so it's a strange thing. But your point about the SD game is a good one even though Manning didn't look that great either he was part of the comeback.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Osweiler might actually come available due to the fact that Elway has very high standards with his QBs. I would hope that after losing for four straight years due to the QB position Fisher has learned his lesson and aims a little higher.

Teams like Denver are a good example of why the Rams cannot count on sitting at 15 and hoping a QB falls to them. If a guy like Wentz or Lynch were to make it to the early teens Denver knows very well that the Rams are a team you move ahead of to snap them up.

Ram65

Legend
Posters seem split on Osweiler. I'm not sure but seems the Rams could do equal or better in the draft for less money. Snead is going to have to figure out who he can get in the early in the draft and weigh it against paying Brock Osweiler.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Osweiler might actually come available due to the fact that Elway has very high standards with his QBs. I would hope that after losing for four straight years due to the QB position Fisher has learned his lesson and aims a little higher.

Teams like Denver are a good example of why the Rams cannot count on sitting at 15 and hoping a QB falls to them. If a guy like Wentz or Lynch were to make it to the early teens Denver knows very well that the Rams are a team you move ahead of to snap them up.

One thing about Snead and the draft is, as he says, a player is available and they think he will be gone before they pick they will put together a deal. Austin was their guy and they didn't want to take a chance at missing out so they made the move. Snead has proven if they want something they will go get it so if they want one of those guys he will find a way to get the deal made. IMO too there isn't such a thing as "way overpaying" when you are going after a potential franchise QB. If you think he is the guy you pay the price and get to work.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Another noodle armed career backup? He's Keenum but throws more picks! I don't want him. Don't care about a guys "mojo" or winning nature - those things come with guys who have a great supporting cast and learn a system or a few years - I.e it'll come in time. What doesn't come if you don't already have it is talent. Get a guy with a legitimate NFL starter talent.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
One thing about Snead and the draft is, as he says, a player is available and they think he will be gone before they pick they will put together a deal. Austin was their guy and they didn't want to take a chance at missing out so they made the move. Snead has proven if they want something they will go get it so if they want one of those guys he will find a way to get the deal made. IMO too there isn't such a thing as "way overpaying" when you are going after a potential franchise QB. If you think he is the guy you pay the price and get to work.

Could not agree more Les.

Hitting on QB in the draft is worth almost any draft compensation. IF the Skins had hit on RG3, for example, they would have won that trade in spite of the fact that the Rams did well with the picks.

And yes, I love Snead and his bold approach to the draft. Where they went wrong was betting on Sam that second consecutive season and allowing themselves to stand pat at QB. Can't fault them for last year's draft since they snapped up a Pro Bowl talent, but this draft has answers for them at last at the QB position so they definitely need to be aggressive. And I believe they will be.

My hope is we will start hearing rumors that the Rams are talking to the Titans about that top overall pick. Just get Goff man. Get us our QB of the future for the love of all that is holy.