Matt Stafford Traded to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
He won because he had the right pieces in place from top to bottom and he isn't without tools the kid has tools but inevitably they thought it was the end of the line. If you say you have or had faith in this regime prior why would it be lost? Cause Goff was traded now they are what not a good regime?
As far as Stafford no stability 3-4 rebuilds as bad as our rams were the lions have been worse pre Stafford post Stafford. So hopefully now maybe Goff can get them to the promise land.
All that happened on Stafford watch. If goff manages to win even 1 playoff game for the lions than his tenure is automatically better than Staffords and that's sad considering some of you are saying he's a "upgrade"

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
It's not the defense fault he only scored 6 points in the remaining 3 qtrs of play. He also had the ball last to win it, He fumbled on 4&2. Was that the defense fault? If he's "that guy" they win that game easily.

So is entire career based on that game because it's convenient but not the other horrific teams he was a part of or that got him killed year after year. That doesn't count but that playoff game defines him lolol. So how long do s Goff get to ride the Superbowl appearance? How long should the rams have waited? How much money could or should they have invested in the offense to give him the Goldie locks "just right" environment. Should they have let the defense go broke and gotten all the bells and whistles. Then when we lose 42-35 we can say what. Goff did his part the defense fails him. Come on dude time to let go support Stafford let Goff roam free and let's wish him the best. We play the lions this year that day will be rough for most of us cause despite what you may think he will always be a ram in my eyes but .going to be worried bout you bro lol.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
What's your point??? Stafford hasn't taken a freaking snap. Give the guy a chance and again is it that important to be right or to chip? This conversation leaves serious doubt it's actually pretty frightening. Let's see what he does and if it's a big failure then you can kick all the pro trade people in the nuts when we down? That's what it seems like. AD is my favourite player and if the rams traded him I'd be pissed as fuck but I'd have to embrace it. Maybe a day or two of anger but I wouldn't beat a dead horse what's done is done and I certainly wouldn't secretly want to say told you so either. Nobody likes change but sometimes it's necessary.
My point is mcsnead mortgaged the future (again) for a player that can be argued is a lateral move. How some of you can be so confident that's Stafford is a upgrade when he has 12 years of mostly losing is beyond me. Stafford had his opportunities to be that guy and failed every single time and that's a fact like it or not. I can only go by what has happened up to this point and looking at Stafford career so far I have serious doubts about winning a playoff game with him much less a sb. He has come up small in big games time and time again. That's has me very concerned. You people keep touting mcvay will be the difference. I dont believe that until I see it. Shit for all we know his so called "genius" was because of Gurley because ever since he got hurt the offense hasn't been remotely the same.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
He didn't make a difference either and that's my point. You draft players especially quarterbacks #1 to be difference makers and in that game he wasn't that guy. You could make the argument he lost that game as well.

Where was Tom Brady drafted?
Every move we have made has been made to win why is this one so tough to swallow? Why has faith been lost all of the sudden?? Why is Stafford to blame for that one game. If that's how you pick out blame for a game as according to your logic the guy threw for over 300yds 2 TDs and 1 int but he lost his team the game right? So Ty Goff for getting us the Superbowl but now that we are there didn't Goff totally lose that game for us??? I mean granted Stafford sucks right with those numbers in a single playoff game he is a loser so on the biggest stage if Stafford gets the blame for that playoff game who gets the blame for the Superbowl. Mcvay right???

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
So is entire career based on that game because it's convenient but not the other horrific teams he was a part of or that got him killed year after year. That doesn't count but that playoff game defines him lolol. So how long do s Goff get to ride the Superbowl appearance? How long should the rams have waited? How much money could or should they have invested in the offense to give him the Goldie locks "just right" environment. Should they have let the defense go broke and gotten all the bells and whistles. Then when we lose 42-35 we can say what. Goff did his part the defense fails him. Come on dude time to let go support Stafford let Goff roam free and let's wish him the best. We play the lions this year that day will be rough for most of us cause despite what you may think he will always be a ram in my eyes but .going to be worried bout you bro lol.
I'm only bringing up that game because it was a year where he had everything top to bottom and still lost. So the excuse that "he never had support" is bs. Because he did he just didn't capitalize on his opportunities. He choked instead. Sorry if that pokes a giant hole in y'alls argument that he never had support.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
All that happened on Stafford watch. If goff manages to win even 1 playoff game for the lions than his tenure is automatically better than Staffords and that's sad considering some of you are saying he's a "upgrade"

That's a rather low bar Goff got to the Superbowl he is playoff savvy he should be able to do the same for Detroit according to your logic right? He should get them to the Superbowl.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Where was Tom Brady drafted?
Every move we have made has been made to win why is this one so tough to swallow? Why has faith been lost all of the sudden?? Why is Stafford to blame for that one game. If that's how you pick out blame for a game as according to your logic the guy threw for over 300yds 2 TDs and 1 int but he lost his team the game right? So Ty Goff for getting us the Superbowl but now that we are there didn't Goff totally lose that game for us??? I mean granted Stafford sucks right with those numbers in a single playoff game he is a loser so on the biggest stage if Stafford gets the blame for that playoff game who gets the blame for the Superbowl. Mcvay right???
2 of those touchdowns came in the 1st qtr. Look at his stat line the rest of the game and keep that same energy. He sucked. Goff/mcvay lost that sb. But people will only blame goff because mcvay can walk on water apparently.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I'm only bringing up that game because it was a year where he had everything top to bottom and still lost. So the excuse that "he never had support" is bs. Because he did he just didn't capitalize on his opportunities. He choked instead. Sorry if that pokes a giant hole in y'alls argument that he never had support.

It's not bullshit and it wasn't too to bottom go get the numbers of the defensive and offensive ranking for that year and they were probably equal to worse then every team Goffs had since mcvay so where's our Superbowl victory? Where's our ring?
Like I said Goffs had what Stafford one good team year was his whole career. So with that logic we should have a ring.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
That's a rather low bar Goff got to the Superbowl he is playoff savvy he should be able to do the same for Detroit according to your logic right? He should get them to the Superbowl.
That "low bar" is the one Stafford set. Which is my point. Wont take much to have a better tenure than Stafford in Detroit no matter who the quarterback is.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
It's not bullshit and it wasn't too to bottom go get the numbers of the defensive and offensive ranking for that year and they were probably equal to worse then every team Goffs had since mcvay so where's our Superbowl victory? Where's our ring?
Like I said Goffs had what Stafford one good team year was his whole career. So with that logic we should have a ring.
It is bs. Stafford should've done better than 2 playoff appearances with zero wins in 12 seasons. Goff won his playoff games. Why couldn't Stafford if he's the "better quarterback"? He had a amazing team with a hof on it and still couldn't win.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
2 of those touchdowns came in the 1st qtr. Look at his stat line the rest of the game and keep that same energy. He sucked. Goff/mcvay lost that sb. But people will only blame goff because mcvay can walk on water apparently.

Lol no for someone that loves Goff you should probably be a bit more grateful for how much mcvay helped him. He helped pull him off the bust heap right??? I bet you dollars to donuts Goff would say mcvay did the a lot for him. He pulled him out of the fire he went to bat for him constantly.
Did you rewatch the game Detroit Vs Dallas do you know for a fact coaching had nothing to do with the loss.
The reason why was because the lions could run the ball Dallas sold out on the pass. Bush has 8 carries for 35 yds.

If Goff puts up those same numbers in the Superbowl the rams win.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
That "low bar" is the one Stafford set. Which is my point. Wont take much to have a better tenure than Stafford in Detroit no matter who the quarterback is.

No the lions organisation set it not Stafford just admit you hate the dude. I can't believe that you would pin one of the worst franchises in all of sports terribleness on one player. That just shows how angry you are that Stafford is replacing Goff.

And if you think Goff is so good he shouldn't have to set the bar at Stafford he should set it at Goff and get the lions to the Superbowl.
I'd say that's fair can't have it both ways. There no reason why Goff should get the lions to the playoffs and beyond right??? Can't blame the organisation if Goff doesn't right?

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Lol no for someone that loves Goff you should probably be a bit more grateful for how much mcvay helped him. He helped pull him off the bust heap right??? I bet you dollars to donuts Goff would say mcvay did the a lot for him. He pulled him out of the fire he went to bat for him constantly.
Did you rewatch the game Detroit Vs Dallas do you know for a fact coaching had nothing to do with the loss.
The reason why was because the lions could run the ball Dallas sold out on the pass. Bush has 8 carries for 35 yds.

If Goff puts up those same numbers in the Superbowl the rams win.
We are about to find out who helped who. Mcvay was a nobody before he came here. You can think mcvay is gods gift but I dont share that opinion. Especially after the last 2 seasons. The lions weren't a run team and never were under Stafford. They were a pass 1st team always and that game was called similarly to the ones before it. They just won those games so nobody will talk about it. The game was called exactly how it's been called for them all season they just didn't execute that day and the most obvious one who didn't execute is Stafford.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
It is bs. Stafford should've done better than 2 playoff appearances with zero wins in 12 seasons. Goff won his playoff games. Why couldn't Stafford if he's the "better quarterback"? He had a amazing team with a hof on it and still couldn't win.

You can cherry pick til the cows come home. Regardless Stafford is our starter and Goff is the lions starter so we will lose in our first playoff game this year with Stafford cause that's what he does. A long track record of that so lots of facts. On the other hand we have real facts Goffs a winner and wind playoff game so he should have no problems this year getting the lions to the playoffs and winning a round or two and please no crying about Detroit's franchise if it doesn't happen.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think this is harsh. I'll make a couple points. I think it's warranted to question Stafford's ability to perform in big games. He has come up short a lot in his career in important games. And what are the biggest games he has won during his career?

But to be fair to him, he played more than well enough for Detroit to win his first playoff game. Problem was that Detroit's defense was absolutely awful. While Stafford did throw an INT in the 4th quarter that essentially allowed NO to put it out of reach, he was placed in basically an impossible situation. Now, he didn't deliver in the next two playoff games. But that first one he should have won.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
We are about to find out who helped who. Mcvay was a nobody before he came here. You can think mcvay is gods gift but I dont share that opinion. Especially after the last 2 seasons. The lions weren't a run team and never were under Stafford. They were a pass 1st team always and that game was called similarly to the ones before it. They just won those games so nobody will talk about it. The game was called exactly how it's been called for them all season they just didn't execute that day and the most obvious one who didn't execute is Stafford.

Right right and Goff executed in the Superbowl.

I never said boo about mcvay beside him taking Goff out of the frying pan from what was a shit regime and a shit organisation pretty similar to the lions.

again that sounds so much like you want mcvay to fail more than wanting the rams to win.

Repeatimg myself then Goff should have no problem getting the lions over the hump and into the Superbowl. He has won a ton so it's not the organisation it's the qb so lions Vs who in the Superbowl? Early prediction.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
No the lions organisation set it not Stafford just admit you hate the dude. I can't believe that you would pin one of the worst franchises in all of sports terribleness on one player. That just shows how angry you are that Stafford is replacing Goff.

And if you think Goff is so good he shouldn't have to set the bar at Stafford he should set it at Goff and get the lions to the Superbowl.
I'd say that's fair can't have it both ways. There no reason why Goff should get the lions to the playoffs and beyond right??? Can't blame the organisation if Goff doesn't right?
Ok dude now you're putting word in my mouth because you have zero argument. I never said I "hate Stafford" and you wont find a post of me saying that. You obviously have never watch any lions games except for maybe and handful while I have watched at least 70% of the snaps Stafford has taken (mainly because I loved watching megatron play) so miss me with the "you hate him" bs. That couldn't be further from the truth. You also wont find a post blaming Stafford 100% for the lions being terrible. Unlike you Goff haters I'm fair in my criticisms or try my best to be which cant be said for the goff haters. So again dont put words in my mouth. Thank you kindly.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The mortgage future talk has to stop. We didn't mortgage it when we traded for Goff. Didn't when we traded up for Ramsey. And we didn't when we traded for Stafford.

I don't care about mid to late first round picks - we've drafted well without them the last few years and I expect that will continue.

I should respond to this point. I am willing to mortgage the future on a young QB, when I have a long-term franchise QB, or when I believe I can win a Super Bowl. Mortgaging the future isn't always a bad idea. I think it's smart to mortgage the future on a QB prospect you believe will be a franchise QB when you aren't in position to draft one. I think it's smart to mortgage the future for a MVP-caliber QB when you don't have one. And I think it's acceptable to mortgage the future for a young, superstar non-QB when you have a franchise QB.

I didn't have an issue with them mortgaging the future on Ramsey because he was young and I thought Goff was our long-term guy. The juice was worth the squeeze. I didn't have an issue with them mortgaging the future on Goff because I felt it was worth it to go after a potential franchise QB. Had we mortgaged the future for Aaron Rodgers, I would have cheered on the deal. My issue is that I don't think Stafford was worth it. He wasn't worth the borrowing we did against the future. But I've already explained my reasoning on that, so I won't bore you by rehashing myself.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
I think this is harsh. I'll make a couple points. I think it's warranted to question Stafford's ability to perform in big games. He has come up short a lot in his career in important games. And what are the biggest games he has won during his career?

But to be fair to him, he played more than well enough for Detroit to win his first playoff game. Problem was that Detroit's defense was absolutely awful. While Stafford did throw an INT in the 4th quarter that essentially allowed NO to put it out of reach, he was placed in basically an impossible situation. Now, he didn't deliver in the next two playoff games. But that first one he should have won.
I agree with you in that game. But I'm mainly talking about the dallas game which he should've won even with the terrible pi no call. That team was really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.