Lets be honest

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

V3

Hall of Fame
bluecoconuts said:
I think the team will get it together, there's too much talent and experience on the coaching staff for them not to. Most people saw us starting 1-2 this season, so a loss wasn't totally unexpected...

However, today was a huge step back. The game plan has not been very good thus far, but today everything went to shyte. They need to wake up and wake up fast. Hopefully coming home will get them more inspired.

Detroit is up 27-17 on Washington though with just under 4 minutes to go... So even if we continue to play poorly, at least we'll have two premium draft picks.

There's not much experience or talent at the D and O coordinator positions. I have major doubts about both and they are the ones calling the plays for both sides. They get a gameplan from Fisher and then they call the plays.

Look at the D. The only thing that's really changed was the D coordinator. We should actually be better due to improvements at certain positions. How else do you explain what's going on at least on D?

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
bluecoconuts said:
RamBall said:
Hard to find anything positive about todays game. Idk if its Walton or what but the D has gone from very good to very bad in a hurry. And as soon as we think the O is coming along, this shit happens.

I really like Fisher as a coach but he needs to change something on both sides of the ball cause what they are doin right now aint workin.

Our defense gave that type of cushion last year as well, I remember a lot of complaining during the home 49ers game, this is nothing new.

I know they started out giving large cushions but seemed to tighten up as the season went on, it appears they are doing the same this year. It is just frustrating to watch after getting excited about the possibilties coming into this season only to see the D appear to be going backwards.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
MTRamsFan said:
Okay let's be honest. When this schedule was released how many of you realistically thought we would be 3-0, 2-1, 1-2, or 0-3 after the first three games? As I stated earlier, I was hoping for 2-1 but realistically knew that being 1-2 would be good given that we are playing two playoff caliber/experienced teams back-to-back on the road.

Yeah, I'm pissed about today's performance knowing that this team has showed better in the first two weeks. Am I ready to throw in the towel? Absolutely not! There is a bunch of things going on right now that none of us are privy to, other than what we see on Sundays. I am disappointed that we seemed less than ready to play and it's a combination of many things with youth being a major factor. There needs to be some serious inner-sole searching by both players and coaches over the next 24 hours.

This team will learn from this and will hopefully come out Thursday pissed off wanting to get rid of that shitty taste in their mouths from this loss. I just hope that the fans in St. Louis don't decide to stay home and not attend Thursday's game because the team has struggled the last couple of weeks, nonetheless on the road. We need to hold serve on our home turf. Get out and support this team! These "young," yes young RAMS need your support now more than ever. There is so much football left to be played. I have been a RAMS fan for 44 years and have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly (today) but I will never stop being a RAMS fan.

GO RAMS!
I expected 2-2 after the first qtr of the season. I didnt expect looking unprepared for Atlanta and Dallas....but the more i see from Fishers approach its not a surprise if our 2 wins come from AZ and SF.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Think it's about time to stop hoping for these players to step up, if not...they have to go.

RBs: My biggest gripe. Isaiah Pead can't get snaps over an UDFA and is barely involved in the game until late. That's not a good thing. Daryl Richardson is being used the wrong way. I understand that there are other valid reasons such as cap issues or not being involved, but I can't see how anyone can say Trent Richardson is overrated when seeing what the Rams are sporting. Banging the 3.5 YPC drum? Please I'll take his production all day over the Rams RBs. Or even Eddie Lacy? Concussion aside, you don't think he can move the pile after the shitty field position the Rams keep getting? Hell I'll take an injured SJack that will miss 4 games over what is currently playing. This is one of the easiest positions to play, teams get studs every year and the Rams can't.

Offensive line and defensive line: I really hope this is just one bad game, it was a horrible showing. Dallas' OL also has it's issues but was dominant against the "vaunted" Ram DL? DeMarco Murray had his way with them...AGAIN.

Defense: I had to see for myself but they are actually playing way the fuck off! It makes ZERO sense to that, especially on 3rd and 6 and give them 10 yard cushions. Also, b/c they were COMMITTED (lol) to stopping Dez Bryant they left DeMarco 6 guys in the box. OK, they'll take that all damn day. No run blitzes, no blitzing at all. Just a sad, sorry defense right now.

Back to offense: The new "weapons" the Rams have been boasting all offseason aren't being used properly. Get Tavon out in fuckin space, use Chris Givens on deep routes, and both TEs going over the middle! I'm someone who's never played a down of real football and I don't see how what I'm saying is that complicated! Is it that damn hard to run a fuckin slant route? They did...one. And used the wrong guy (Chris Givens) instead of Brian Quick.

There was nothing positive about the Rams today. Nothing. 3 games now, same shit. This team could easily be 0-3 right now.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I think the Rams have guys on this team getting paid big time bucks who fail to deliver.

Bradford has been payed top 5 QB money since he was signed.

Finnegan is the 3rd highest paid CB in the league.

Chris Long is at number 5 for DE.

Scott Wells is number one for centers

Kendall Langford comes in at number 6 for DT.

IMO these guys are all stealing from the Rams right now.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
VCRam said:
I think the Rams have guys on this team getting paid big time bucks who fail to deliver.

Bradford has been payed top 5 QB money since he was signed.

Finnegan is the 3rd highest paid CB in the league.

Chris Long is at number 5 for DE.

Scott Wells is number one for centers

Kendall Langford comes in at number 6 for DT.

IMO these guys are all stealing from the Rams right now.

Bradford ain't a top 5 QB but after today, I don't think anyone can say he's stealing. That man got his arse kicked up and down the field because of our OL and just kept getting back up.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Are there still posters here who think using 1st round picks on the O-line is a waste of resources?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
albefree69 said:
Are there still posters here who think using 1st round picks on the O-line is a waste of resources?

I'll be surprised if we don't take an OT early with one of those 1st rounders.

V3

Hall of Fame
CGI_Ram said:
albefree69 said:

I actually think Fisher will take a CB and a RB. He loves both positions and both positions stink pretty bad. They'll probably take an OT or OG in the 2nd and 3rd.

Who knows?

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
CGI_Ram said:
albefree69 said:

Agreed. The thing is, the OL looked really good the first two weeks. That's why it's hard to tell. But we do need youth on the OL, regardless. Wells and Dahl are not getting any younger. I was surprised how badly Long was beat by Ware though on several occasions.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
bwdenverram said:
CGI_Ram said:
albefree69 said:

Agreed. The thing is, the OL looked really good the first two weeks. That's why it's hard to tell. But we do need youth on the OL, regardless. Wells and Dahl are not getting any younger. I was surprised how badly Long was beat by Ware though on several occasions.

Long is fine. I think we need a RT. Barksdale is a backup and needs help when used as a starter. Barrett Jones is on the developmental route for inside.

So for me; it's OT and guard we'll be looking at.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
As long as we are being honest, I felt the same way I do today that I did last year after the London debacle. We played some pretty damn good football after that game and I expect the same this year.

As far as criticizing individual players...it's a team game and one weeks goat can be the next weeks hero. We will learn from this horrible episode and get better.

Let's not forget how young we are and the growing pains that the TEAM will endure because of it.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Memphis Ram said:
To be honest, I expected a loss.

And theres the whole thing in a nutshell-expectations. Its clear they may be a little too high. Two drafts and 18 regular season gaames into the rebuid of a historically bad franchise we are probablly about where we are supposed to be. Sucks but true. Hopefully we move paast these last two gaames, and really the phoenix game waved red flags. I am most disapppointed in our vets on defense.nobody making anything but money certainly no plays. Steady immprovement and a better 2nd half will help.

Ebonemalone

Rookie
SaneRamsFan said:
Memphis Ram said:
To be honest, I expected a loss.

And theres the whole thing in a nutshell-expectations. Its clear they may be a little too high. Two drafts and 18 regular season gaames into the rebuid of a historically bad franchise we are probablly about where we are supposed to be. Sucks but true. Hopefully we move paast these last two gaames, and really the phoenix game waved red flags. I am most disapppointed in our vets on defense.nobody making anything but money certainly no plays. Steady immprovement and a better 2nd half will help.

I'm torn on the rebuilding argument. Feel like we've been saying that since 2007 :(

fearsomefour

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
bwdenverram said:
CGI_Ram said:
albefree69 said:

Long is fine. I think we need a RT. Barksdale is a backup and needs help when used as a starter. Barrett Jones is on the developmental route for inside.

So for me; it's OT and guard we'll be looking at.

I still go T, either OT or DT which ever player you like better with that first pick, either way OT DT first round and G CB after that

PowayRamFan said:
As long as we are being honest, I felt the same way I do today that I did last year after the London debacle. We played some pretty damn good football after that game and I expect the same this year.

I dont disagree with this. The 7 yard per carry average is the most concerning....that and the bad Oline play. Our d never had a shot today.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I expected a loss because of my lack of faith in the OC/DC and the team's personnel decisions.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Memphis Ram said:
I expected a loss because of my lack of faith in the OC/DC and the team's personnel decisions.
I expected a loss because we didn't play AZ,SF or Seattle.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I'm not giving up on this year yet but I'm glad I didn't watch this game.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Memphis Ram said:

We certainly looked equally dysfunctional on both sides of the ball. I usually hesitate to put too much blame on the oc/dc but after three games of the same thing with no apparent adjustment in approach I think its fair to question the respective coordinator s. As to the personnel decisions thats a whole different barrel of apples.