JT: Barrett Jones Looks Bigger/Stronger

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is the news ive been waiting for! Big things from Barrett this year!

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Maybe I'm reading a bit too much into it, but maybe Jones is our future center and knowing that, the Rams maybe have a bias for his former teammate McCarron, who I'm sure Jones has provided a personal scouting eval. about it. Those two seemed to have a strong relationship at Bama in their time together. :bueller::bueller:

Alan

Legend
ChrisW with turf concerns:
Wouldn't playing in a dome be ideal for his injury? He gets a nice solid surface for his whole foot to contact, rather than having to step half on and half off a baseball base.
Probably/maybe but probably a lot worse for his knees.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The same year that Barrett won that Outland Trophy as the nation's top lineman playing OLT his competition was 2013 pro bowlers & ex 2011 first round picks were OL'ers Tyron Smith, Nate Solder & Mike Pouncey. Just saying I would not underestimate Barrett Jones ability. Very good selection by Snead.

Brett Romberg won the Rimmington award as the best Center in college his senior year. Lots of people win college awards that don't translate to the NFL.

You don't have to get too worked up about what I said. I did finish by saying I am pulling for him to be successful. I don't hate the guy. I just didn't like the pick.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Brett Romberg won the Rimmington award as the best Center in college his senior year. Lots of people win college awards that don't translate to the NFL.You don't have to get too worked up about what I said. I did finish by saying I am pulling for him to be successful. I don't hate the guy. I just didn't like the pick.

So true ...guess living down here in the panhandle of Florida where we have had storm after storm with flash floods after flash floods for the past three days .... cats & dogs are mating with each other and I am stuck inside with my 81 yr old Mother in law...........I just thank you for giving me an outlet to get worked :lifting: up on something.

Muleman

UDFA
Barrett will be a key part of our offensive line this year and years to come. Even as the first guy to come off the bench to back up a guard or center will be great. just think of our line depth in years past, Barrett will be an upgrade somewhere.