JT: Barrett Jones Looks Bigger/Stronger

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1
As a former Public High League student-athlete, always proud to attend the St. Louis Public Schools scholar-athlete luncheon at the MAC. Congrats to all attendees. Rams C/G Barrett Jones did a great job as one of the guest speakers at the luncheon.
And for Rams fans wondering _ yes, Barrett Jones looks bigger and stronger.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
If he can start at center or even at guard and do well, that will be a huge relief for that O-line. If Fisher and Snead believe that will happen, it may of course affect how they draft.

rdw

Pro Bowler
it's about time some info regarding his physical condition seeps out!

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I still think we drafted him for a reason, we knew he wouldn't play last year.

Damn right we did! we didnt spend a 4th rounder on a guy with an injury to not play year one and be a career back up! He would have been a second rounder if it wernt for the injury. This dudes had a year to recover and work with an NFL strength and conditioning coach. Hes gonna help out the line this year somewhere. My guess is he starts at LG or RG whichever saffold doesnt play and moves to center if or when Wells gets hurt.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Maybe LG this year and Center next year because Lord knows Rams presently need a LG.

Alan

Legend
That's very encouraging to hear. Let's hope his strength gain is enough and all that was holding him back.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
But if he starts at LG and Long is ready at the beginning of the season, where is Robinson going to play at????????????:whistle:

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
But if he starts at LG and Long is ready at the beginning of the season, where is Robinson going to play at????????????:whistle:
Play in the pool of the Hotel while the others play in the Super Bowl ;)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I still think we drafted him for a reason, we knew he wouldn't play last year.

Snead and Fisher said that straight out, that he was being redshirted and that's the exact word they used. In fact they didn't even want him working out until his injury was totally and completely healed. There was some angst among fans about where he was and why there was no word about him but that's why. This is the year they put him in a uni. If he is ready and able this could make the draft take a different turn than maybe some guys were thinking.

SierraRam

Recreational User
What no picture?
I have the before pic
upload_2014-4-30_14-42-28.jpeg

lockdnram21

Legend
Snead and Fisher said that straight out, that he was being redshirted and that's the exact word they used. In fact they didn't even want him working out until his injury was totally and completely healed. There was some angst among fans about where he was and why there was no word about him but that's why. This is the year they put him in a uni. If he is ready and able this could make the draft take a different turn than maybe some guys were thinking.

we probaly only draft a tackle

Alan

Legend
Tron confusing problems with blessings:
At whatever position he wins in TC and the preseason.

SierraRam

Recreational User
it's about time some info regarding his physical condition seeps out!

I can't believe how quiet they've kept his status. Awesome news! At worst, he provides quality depth at every OL position. At best, he's our starting LG, and we can fill another need early.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
This unit could go from being a big question mark to a real strength in a hurry, let's hope it does. I think Jones is our future center...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Long, Saffold, Wells, and Barksdale... That's a damn good foundation, when healthy.

If Jones develops (I agree with others he was never in the 2013 plans), plus we land a guy like Mathews or Robinson... The line is stout.

As always, in St. Louis, health is the key to making it work.