Isaiah Pead doesn't think he got a fair shot in STL.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Exactly....You guys want to hear the truth, and can't handle the truth....

Sorta like everybody piling on Cook...and begging for more Tavon & Stedmon....And Sted & Tavon can barely get open to catch a damn pass....I don't believe some of you...

The guy was NEVER given a chance to see what he could do...That's what he thought...and that's what I see....

It can be the same with Brian Quick...If he's not re-signed...And he comments the same way....He's never thrown the ball....When he WAS given a chance..Look at his stats....Hell...It could be the same with Sted too.....

Tavon HAS been given a chance....twice...When he first got here...and NOW this season.....and let me look...damn
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AustTa00.htm

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/p.../sort/receivingYards/qualified/false/count/41
RK PLAYER TEAM REC TAR YDS AVG TD LONG 20+ YDS/G FUM YAC 1DN(1st downs)

79 Tavon Austin, WR STL 24 38 285 11.9 4 66 4 40.7 1 137 13
Dude is WAY down there at 79....as a WR...not a runner...not a returner...a receiver....behind a bunch of....well, I wont say NOBODIES, but you should get my point...#8 pick....+....PLUS a second rounder.....Please....He's been given ample opportunity to SEE what he's made of....Pead wasn't....

A lot of great players FUMBLE...Drop the ball...but they are given a chance....Pead only wanted to run the rock...not play gunner...not special teamer....not sit behind Zack, 3.9 ypc Stacy....

Out of all the players you referenced, I'd want Austin and Stacy on my team. Austin may not be the best route runner, but he's proved to he a weapon and people forget half his big plays before this year were wiped out by stupid penalties. Stacy I'd like as 2nd or 3rd back who can get third and shorts, work in the late 3rd and 4th quarters pounding a DL, and pass blocking. But really if I'm honest the only player I'd work to keep is Austin out of the ones you listed.

All the rest, Cook, Sted, Pead, Quick I really don't know what the fuss is about. Sted looks like an average 3rd or 4th WR, Pead and Quick were reach picks from the get go and haven't done anything. Quick had 4 straight good games last year, then 3 meh games and an injury. In what, 3 years? Meh. Pead is another guy with some talent that never translates. Cook is as likely to kill a drive as extend it, and that is starting to get noticed outside the Ram fan base. In my mind if we want to really turn the corner the above 4 players shouldn't be resigned, unless you want Bailey for ST and depth. Of course Pead is already gone. There are better, more consistent players to be had.

Memphis Ram

Legend
And yet Pead outlasted both Richardson and Stacy. And if not for the knee injury last year MAY HAVE finally taken hold of the opportunity and we would never have seen Mason.

The biggest issue Pead had with this team was his "lone wolf" attitude towards his teammates. He was not well liked and it carried over to the meeting rooms which in turn translated into lack of playing time. He busted his ass on special teams in an effort to rectify his perceived lack of commitment. But when the knee injury occurred his days were numbered.

That their staff kept bringing him back was a testament to his talent. Even coming off the injury he was the most athletic and talented RB on the roster not named Gurley.

I for one will not be the least bit surprised to see him flourish in Pittsburgh. And wish him nothing but good luck.

To be fair, it's also possible that Pead lasted longer than Richardson and Stacy BECAUSE of special teams and the salary cap implications of giving up on a 2nd round choice too early. Just sayin.:whistle:

Like him or not, I just find it hard to believe that if Pead showed something with the opportunities given on GAMEDAY, he'd wouldn't have gotten more opportunities.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Being a 2nd round pick afforded him more opportunities than most players drafted later.

And that's,,, a fact,,, Jack !

Athos

Legend
Lead outlasted folks because of the money already going his way and the fact that he was on the IR. that means no roster spot being taken.

He was lucky to last as long as he did when we were starving for a RB.

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
I wish him the best of luck. If that's how you feel, don't whine about it... go out and prove it.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Pretty obvious he had a maturity problem, which is not our problem anymore. I wish too that he had gotten more chances, but we don't know what happened behind the scenes. Even the scenes that we did see, a lot of them were not good one's. Potential though.

lockdnram21

Legend
Out of all the players you referenced, I'd want Austin and Stacy on my team. Austin may not be the best route runner, but he's proved to he a weapon and people forget half his big plays before this year were wiped out by stupid penalties. Stacy I'd like as 2nd or 3rd back who can get third and shorts, work in the late 3rd and 4th quarters pounding a DL, and pass blocking. But really if I'm honest the only player I'd work to keep is Austin out of the ones you listed.

All the rest, Cook, Sted, Pead, Quick I really don't know what the fuss is about. Sted looks like an average 3rd or 4th WR, Pead and Quick were reach picks from the get go and haven't done anything. Quick had 4 straight good games last year, then 3 meh games and an injury. In what, 3 years? Meh. Pead is another guy with some talent that never translates. Cook is as likely to kill a drive as extend it, and that is starting to get noticed outside the Ram fan base. In my mind if we want to really turn the corner the above 4 players shouldn't be resigned, unless you want Bailey for ST and depth. Of course Pead is already gone. There are better, more consistent players to be had.
Quick started to get doubled after those first 4 games. That should have opened things for others. All the great receivers have moments when teams start keying on them and that's supposed to open things for others.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Even coming off the injury he was the most athletic and talented RB on the roster not named Gurley.

Guess he's just a big underachiever then.

Athleticism and talent aren't much good from the sideline.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Austin may not be the best route runner, but he's proved to he a weapon and people forget half his big plays before this year were wiped out by stupid penalties........Sted looks like an average 3rd or 4th WR, Pead and Quick were reach picks from the get go and haven't done anything. Quick had 4 straight good games last year, then 3 meh games and an injury. In what, 3 years? Meh. Pead is another guy with some talent that never translates. Cook is as likely to kill a drive as extend it, and that is starting to get noticed outside the Ram fan base. In my mind if we want to really turn the corner the above 4 players shouldn't be resigned, unless you want Bailey for ST and depth. Of course Pead is already gone. There are better, more consistent players to be had.
Just using what we got here....Not that they are more than what they have shown...this was about being given a "chance" to perform....Austin problem as a receiver appear to more about getting separation....You say route running, I keep looking at guys that supposedly run great routes...guys like Antonio Brown...I swear he was rounding off every pattern I've EVER seen him run, yet he gets open...Keenan Allen....Odell Beckham....the same thing...It's more than the routes he runs....He avg. 11 yards a reception...11 yards...he had a season when he led the team in drops...yet he's still given an opportunity. I can't tell you how much I respect what Tavon does...But TD's like he scores, are NOT sustainable...Passes caught downfield are...jet sweeps, returns, and handoffs as a tailback are not...That's just football.
Sted does look like an average slot wr...His routes appear more precise & crisp to me...He appears to be a tough guy and can handle the pounding it requires to play in the slot...Why he isn't used, given an opportunity is a surprise to me...Hence, why he was used in my original comments.
Quick does hold a special place for me...I like the longshot story...The raw aspect....He took 3 years to develop, which is normal for wrs...Tavon happens to be in his 3rd year too....When Quick was given a chance, he produced...In fact, he came through in the precise area where this team struggles...3rd downs...Then was injured...He appears healthy today and able to dominate his position again. Why he isn't given an opportunity to perform again surprises me. You also say 4 straight good games like we get that from everyone not named Gurley...Why is that? As a wr, Quick was/is the one player that could make plays downfield....We have the 31st ranked offense and I'm curious as to what is the answer to this question.
Cook is our 2nd ranked receiver at this moment in yards....and catches...and seems to be always open.....What most of our receivers have or seem to have a problem doing, creating separation, is NOT a problem with him....You act like all receivers in the league never have drops...Watch a game....A drop happens, a QB/offense moves on...They often throw right back to the targeted receiver....Why don't we do this? I mean, it would seem to me, that to sustain a drive, a team, player would do whatever is necessary to make this happen...Yet here we sit, on the cusp of a playoff birth, and people act like these pros can't play or catch a pass....
Personally, I think it's the QB...Not the skill positions...They have some blame...but the majority of the problems lie with Foles and his speed in making decisions...QB's that process information QUICKLY, succeed in this league...The ones that can't, won't.

Pead could play...So could Givens...I bet they'll prove it.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Exactly....You guys want to hear the truth, and can't handle the truth....

Sorta like everybody piling on Cook...and begging for more Tavon & Stedmon....And Sted & Tavon can barely get open to catch a damn pass....I don't believe some of you...

The guy was NEVER given a chance to see what he could do...That's what he thought...and that's what I see....

It can be the same with Brian Quick...If he's not re-signed...And he comments the same way....He's never thrown the ball....When he WAS given a chance..Look at his stats....Hell...It could be the same with Sted too.....

Tavon HAS been given a chance....twice...When he first got here...and NOW this season.....and let me look...damn
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AustTa00.htm

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/p.../sort/receivingYards/qualified/false/count/41
RK PLAYER TEAM REC TAR YDS AVG TD LONG 20+ YDS/G FUM YAC 1DN(1st downs)

79 Tavon Austin, WR STL 24 38 285 11.9 4 66 4 40.7 1 137 13
Dude is WAY down there at 79....as a WR...not a runner...not a returner...a receiver....behind a bunch of....well, I wont say NOBODIES, but you should get my point...#8 pick....+....PLUS a second rounder.....Please....He's been given ample opportunity to SEE what he's made of....Pead wasn't....

A lot of great players FUMBLE...Drop the ball...but they are given a chance....Pead only wanted to run the rock...not play gunner...not special teamer....not sit behind Zack, 3.9 ypc Stacy....

Last I checked in ANY pro league you are not Givin anything. You have to earn it. Where I work I may not want to do somthing but guess what the boss tells me to do it it gets done. For Pead to be whining he wasn't Givin what he expected boo freaking who.
Fisher has proved over and again he is a players coach if Pead wasn't Givin an opportunity there's a reason. Fish unlike Pead just kept it in house

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
The guy has zero vision and dang near cost us the SEA game. I was on his side, but I had a baaad feeling with him carrying the ball late in the game. Then he caughed it up.
Effing delusional head case :shooting:

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Boo Hoo . I don't think the Rams got a fair shake for the money they paid him either . BUST

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Last I checked in ANY pro league you are not Givin anything. You have to earn it.
Not true.....wish it was....Often times, the high drafted/paid athlete is given every possible opportunity to "win" a job/position....And many companies will do the same with family or friends of current employees.....Nepotism is really prevalent in society....
While Pead doesn't fit in to this particular category, I feel some type of favoritism existed that held him back....

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not true.....wish it was....Often times, the high drafted/paid athlete is given every possible opportunity to "win" a job/position....And many companies will do the same with family or friends of current employees.....Nepotism is really prevalent in society....
While Pead doesn't fit in to this particular category, I feel some type of favoritism existed that held him back....
It didn't. Having so many fumbles that if he had as many carries as Gurley he'd fumble 1.5 times held him back, him not being that great of a kick returner held him back. Laughing on the sideline after making a boneheaded mistake held him back. Getting suspended held him back, getting injured held him back. Sorry, but you don't get to make mistakes all the time, be gone a full year, come back and make some more and keep going on a team, especially not a team like the Rams who couldn't afford to fumble away chances on offense anyways. The only thing that held Pead back was himself, the sooner he realizes that the sooner he'll become a better player.

If he keeps blaming others for his own poor play all he's going to do is keep fumbling and keep being a lone wolf with nobody to turn to in the locker room.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Just using what we got here....Not that they are more than what they have shown...this was about being given a "chance" to perform....Austin problem as a receiver appear to more about getting separation....You say route running, I keep looking at guys that supposedly run great routes...guys like Antonio Brown...I swear he was rounding off every pattern I've EVER seen him run, yet he gets open...Keenan Allen....Odell Beckham....the same thing...It's more than the routes he runs....He avg. 11 yards a reception...11 yards...he had a season when he led the team in drops...yet he's still given an opportunity. I can't tell you how much I respect what Tavon does...But TD's like he scores, are NOT sustainable...Passes caught downfield are...jet sweeps, returns, and handoffs as a tailback are not...That's just football.
Sted does look like an average slot wr...His routes appear more precise & crisp to me...He appears to be a tough guy and can handle the pounding it requires to play in the slot...Why he isn't used, given an opportunity is a surprise to me...Hence, why he was used in my original comments.
Quick does hold a special place for me...I like the longshot story...The raw aspect....He took 3 years to develop, which is normal for wrs...Tavon happens to be in his 3rd year too....When Quick was given a chance, he produced...In fact, he came through in the precise area where this team struggles...3rd downs...Then was injured...He appears healthy today and able to dominate his position again. Why he isn't given an opportunity to perform again surprises me. You also say 4 straight good games like we get that from everyone not named Gurley...Why is that? As a wr, Quick was/is the one player that could make plays downfield....We have the 31st ranked offense and I'm curious as to what is the answer to this question.
Cook is our 2nd ranked receiver at this moment in yards....and catches...and seems to be always open.....What most of our receivers have or seem to have a problem doing, creating separation, is NOT a problem with him....You act like all receivers in the league never have drops...Watch a game....A drop happens, a QB/offense moves on...They often throw right back to the targeted receiver....Why don't we do this? I mean, it would seem to me, that to sustain a drive, a team, player would do whatever is necessary to make this happen...Yet here we sit, on the cusp of a playoff birth, and people act like these pros can't play or catch a pass....
Personally, I think it's the QB...Not the skill positions...They have some blame...but the majority of the problems lie with Foles and his speed in making decisions...QB's that process information QUICKLY, succeed in this league...The ones that can't, won't.

Pead could play...So could Givens...I bet they'll prove it.

Gurley has had 4 good games out of 4 games played. Quick has had 4 in 3 years, and no not every WR takes three years to accumulate 4 decent games. Some WRs, like one we'll see Sunday, have good games pretty quickly. I definitely disagree that Quick is in any way shape or form prepared to "dominate his position again." Believe me, I'd love nothing more than a guy with his physical tools to turn it on and become the guy we've needed. But past history...I'll believe it when I see it.

I do watch games, and when a guy drops a pass they often do go back to him. However, if that guy were to drop critical passes repeatedly and whiff half his blocks, most teams who have any kind of depth stop going back to that guy. I'm definitely not acting like no other receivers drop passes.

You're right we sit on the cusp of many playoff years. To fulfill that promise, we need to let go of guys who look the part, and find guys who actually play the part.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
View attachment 10977

Maybe I missed some of these types of plays by Pead.
But I doubt it.

That's because he was never given the chance to do that! :thinking::deadhorse::headexplosion:

Yeah....riiiiiiiiiiight...

Isaiah+Pead+St+Louis+Rams+v+San+Francisco+DHHBS0QPj57l.jpg

7fd90107c03f0027810f6a7067002df9.jpg

20130808_ajl_aa1_114.0.jpg