Isaiah Pead doesn't think he got a fair shot in STL.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
CBQhgNk.jpg

I wanted to wish the kid well, but with this I have to say FUCK HIM! He costs or nearly costs us multiple games with his butterfingers, made dumb penalties and then didn't even have the decency to be remorseful about it and then the few times we let him in he did nothing spectacular. Not even greats like Randy Moss or Terrell Owens could escape from answering for their behavior and they're some of the best to ever play. We're supposed to want to babysit him for more than the THREE YEARS we already did because of... What exactly?

I hate sour grapes to begin with, but to be sour grapes and try to blame your problems on the team rather than yourself shows the lack of self awareness that made Pead fail in the first place.

iced

He had no shot at a role with us after Marquez's play - same reason why Zac Stacy wanted out the moment Gurley was drafted...only mason may see the field occasionally

RamzFanz

Damnit
I won't be shocked if he has a decent career somewhere. He really might have had the worst luck I've ever seen. Or maybe he just sucks. I'm curious.

As far as his statement, someone should do a highlight video of every play he made for the Rams so his game changing failures are all strung together and reply with it.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
How many fumbles did you have again, Pead? The only things you have going for you are that you are a good pass blocker and a decent special teams player. Sorry you feel that way about us; hope you don't fumble your helmet on the sidelines. :owned:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stupid. Very stupid thing to say. Pead was his own worst enemy here. You complain about not getting an opportunity...you didn't earn it. You never had a problem seeing the field as a gunner...because you earned your spot there.

Talent isn't the problem. It was the other parts of the game.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I hate whiners. I deplore those who walk around with a sense of entitlement. He should just STFU and let his play speak, but hey that's not Pead.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
To be fair, when he did run the ball it wasn't that bad, except the fumbles of course.

He screwed himself in St. Louis because he couldn't hold onto the ball. It was nobody's fault but his own.

This is for you Mr. Pead:
bf-detail.jpg

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I'm betting that he doesn't last three weeks with the Steelers!

fearsomefour

Legend
Ehhh....
No one cares about what happened here except Ram fans. This is no different than going to work somewhere and for whatever reason it doesn't work out. Harboring a little resentment is natural. Most people are not honest enough of self critical enough to say, "hey, it was all my fault." Ok. Whatever. I don't wish for failure (any Whiner and Brady are the rare exceptions). I still wish him well. Wont affect the Rams either way.

He really might have had the worst luck I've ever seen. Or maybe he just sucks. I'm curious.

I wonder the same thing about myself.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Didn't Steve Smith say the same thing after he was let go by us? And he retired after signing with the Bucs. But I think that Pead could do well in Pitts offense.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
You had every opportunity here Pead. You just blew your shot every single time. I have never been a Pead fan but now him trashing the Rams like this makes me wish him the worst, honestly. No class.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Wow. Lots of venom being spewed over a player who most think wasn't an issue throughout his time here.

Some selective memories all over this thread. Many think this guy was the worst player ever to don a rams jersey and yet in the same breath you acknowledge he was barely a blip on radar.

I actually have zero issue with his comments because they are accurate. He was never given an opportunity here. For whatever reason he wasn't. And please spare me the fumble issues. Bennie fumbles more than anyone and yet he's still given the ball

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
Gurley vrs SF 2015.jpg

Maybe I missed some of these types of plays by Pead.
But I doubt it.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
He didn't earn an opportunity as a rook because he couldn't do better than Daryl Richardson being the change-of-pace guy for SJax. 2013, Stacy came and did his thing, showed himself to be an every-down back (at the time). Cunningham took the pass-catching 3rd-down back role. 2014 Pead showed heart, finally, by putting himself to work covering kicks and punts - then tore up his knee, which was very unfortunate because he finally was putting in the work to match the talent. But that also came with Tre Mason being drafted, so Pead was fighting the previous year's starter Stacy for backup snaps and Cunningham for 3rd-down blocking/catching snaps.

Then this year they drafted Gurley.

I don't know that he "didn't get an opportunity" here, but he did certainly get caught up in some serious numbers games.