Is Blackpeoplemeet.com Racist?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Also, I'm with the Kevin Hart thing. He isn't a racist, he makes fun of all stereotypes. He is funny as hell.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jerry, I'm gonna need you to find me an all white school and an all white scholarship, as well as a Frat or sorority that only takes whites. And a Clan house next to the college doesn't count lol. I don't think they exist, if they do, I will truly withdraw my opinion

There are white people at HBCUs. White people have the option to join black fraternities. White people choose not to join black fraternities for the same reasons that black people rarely join white fraternities. But the option is present.

White only scholarship?
http://rt.com/usa/columbia-university-white-scholarship-327/

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Well that's one school, and we both know that if a white person joined an all black frat or school or even that dating site, the amount of flak received would superceid any value of actually being there and would leave a bitter taste. The same wouldn't be, if roles were reversed . Too many white people want to "prove" they aren't racist. For some reason it seems that of someone is proud of being white he is a racist. Imagine it this way. It's common to see blacks with a black pride tattoo, I've seen Hispanics with brown pride. No one thinks anything of it, try getting a white pride tattoo, makes you an automatic racist. There is a definite double standard.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Now google scholarships for white students, and it's the occasional offer attached to a news story. Like we should be ashamed. If you think for one second that there could be a whitepeoplemeet or a WET tv station, you delusional to the real world. Shit, cnn would have Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton on quick as shit talking about how it's racist and demanding the removal of such things.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It's not racist if they let people of other races join. Which I'm sure they do Juggs so get that profile put together and go for it.

We won't tell yer wife....... :stirthepot:

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Ha they let people join because I'm not sure that it's legal to racially segregate anymore. Lol something about a march of some sorts, led by a King I think. Lol

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well that's one school, and we both know that if a white person joined an all black frat or school or even that dating site, the amount of flak received would superceid any value of actually being there and would leave a bitter taste. The same wouldn't be, if roles were reversed . Too many white people want to "prove" they aren't racist. For some reason it seems that of someone is proud of being white he is a racist. Imagine it this way. It's common to see blacks with a black pride tattoo, I've seen Hispanics with brown pride. No one thinks anything of it, try getting a white pride tattoo, makes you an automatic racist. There is a definite double standard.

I don't think that's true.

Why is a white pride tattoo seen as racist? Historical context. You can blame the Klan and White supremacists for that one. In the same way that you can blame the Nazi's for making the Swastika so undesirable.

I don't see why a person would be "proud" of being white, black, Hispanic, Asian, etc. I'm certainly not ashamed but it's just my ethnicity. I don't really see what there to be proud of. I am proud of myself as a person but my skin color couldn't mean less to me.

Now google scholarships for white students, and it's the occasional offer attached to a news story. Like we should be ashamed. If you think for one second that there could be a whitepeoplemeet or a WET tv station, you delusional to the real world. shyte, cnn would have Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton on quick as shyte talking about how it's racist and demanding the removal of such things.

I doubt there would be or could be. Just not smart business. Regardless, you also can't ignore context either. Whether or not it SHOULD still matter, black people were enslaved in America for a very long time...then when they were freed, they were deprived of their rights for a very long time. These policies were necessary when they came about. Are they archaic now? Very arguably, yes. But there's going to be a double standard to an extent based on what happened in our country's history.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
And my
I don't think that's true.

Why is a white pride tattoo seen as racist? Historical context. You can blame the Klan and White supremacists for that one. In the same way that you can blame the Nazi's for making the Swastika so undesirable.

I don't see why a person would be "proud" of being white, black, Hispanic, Asian, etc. I'm certainly not ashamed but it's just my ethnicity. I don't really see what there to be proud of. I am proud of myself as a person but my skin color couldn't mean less to me.

I doubt there would be or could be. Just not smart business. Regardless, you also can't ignore context either. Whether or not it SHOULD still matter, black people were enslaved in America for a very long time...then when they were freed, they were deprived of their rights for a very long time. These policies were necessary when they came about. Are they archaic now? Very arguably, yes. But there's going to be a double standard to an extent based on what happened in our country's history.

Any my whole point was that the doubt standard is bull shit. Racism will be here as long as the double standard exist. I never had a slave, no one has ever cut my grass in fear of a lashing. And it is archaic, your a Jewish guy, do you hate Germany? A hell of a lot more Jews were treated FAR worse than slaves were. Back to biblical times. But Infind it hard to believe that Jewish people have issues with Germans, and I doubt that double standards exist there. Though I have no proof of that, it is pure assumption.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Edited.

I don't really care if things like this exist nor do I find them offensive or unfair.

The fact that there are things like this in our country are a direct result of the history of discrimination against blacks, hispanics, women or other minority groups here. All have had to suffer indignities and fight hard to get equal treatment under the law.

That discrimination still exists towards these and other minorities is all the reason needed for organizations such as these which provide a "safe haven" for their members. Screening is a necessary part of keeping them safe.

As far as the other examples such as scholarships etc., do any of us really believe that a white man doesn't have the opportunity to receive as much for himself and/or his children as these scholarships make available to minorities? If not then I fail to understand what the problem is.

What is wrong with a privately funded scholarship or grant made available to only certain groups? We see it all the time with programs only for medical students or for the arts, etc.

There will always be discrimination despite however enlightened our society as a whole becomes, and as long as there is discrimination there will be a need or desire for segregated programs. I have no problem with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And my

Any my whole point was that the doubt standard is bull shyte. Racism will be here as long as the double standard exist. I never had a slave, no one has ever cut my grass in fear of a lashing. And it is archaic, your a Jewish guy, do you hate Germany? A hell of a lot more Jews were treated FAR worse than slaves were. Back to biblical times. But Infind it hard to believe that Jewish people have issues with Germans, and I doubt that double standards exist there. Though I have no proof of that, it is pure assumption.

Racism is going to exist regardless.

Do I? No. But I'd bet there are some Jewish people that still hate Germany and would never travel there.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
I don't care if things like this exist or if anyone finds them offensive or unfair. To me this is simply a case of "you reap what you sow". Not necessarily attributable to anyone here.

The fact that there are things like this in our country are a direct result of the discriminatory treatment historically received by blacks, hispanics, women or other minority groups here. All have had to suffer indignities and fight hard to get equal treatment under the law.

That discrimination still exists towards these and other minorities is all the reason needed for organizations such as these which provide a "safe haven" for their members. Screening is a necessary part of keeping them safe.

As far as the other examples such as scholarships etc., do any of us really believe that a white man doesn't have the opportunity to receive as much for himself and/or his children as these scholarships make available to minorities? If not then I fail to understand what the problem is.

What is wrong with a privately funded scholarship or grant made available to only certain groups? We see it all the time with programs only for medical students or for the arts, etc.

There will always be discrimination despite however enlightened our society as a whole becomes, and as long as there is discrimination there will be a need or desire for segregated programs. I have no problem with them.
This, to me, sounds like apologist behavior. I personally absolutely refuse to be held accountable for the actions that took place before any of us were alive. Hell most of us weren't even around for the segregation period that existed. So, don't for a second think that I owe anyone a damn thing. I'm trying to make it just like they are. I am all for equal rights. I think that racism is ugly and I think that you have to have something wrong with you to just hate someone without knowing them. But it's just as wrong for me to be allowed to be treated a certain way because one of my ancestors may or may not have had a slave. Give me a break.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Racism is going to exist regardless.

Do I? No. But I'd bet there are some Jewish people that still hate Germany and would never travel there.
I can see the ones who were actually involved in trying to get away from the nazis. But now there are Jewish people two generations later, I doubt many of them have issues with Germans.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
This, to me, sounds like apologist behavior. I personally absolutely refuse to be held accountable for the actions that took place before any of us were alive. Hell most of us weren't even around for the segregation period that existed. So, don't for a second think that I owe anyone a damn thing. I'm trying to make it just like they are. I am all for equal rights. I think that racism is ugly and I think that you have to have something wrong with you to just hate someone without knowing them. But it's just as wrong for me to be allowed to be treated a certain way because one of my ancestors may or may not have had a slave. Give me a break.

In re-reading my initial post it's easy to see why you reacted the way you did Juggs. The second sentence was poorly thought out and even more poorly worded. Guaranteed to get a reaction and to set an unintended tone for the rest of my post. I've edited it out. Appreciate your response.

Not apologizing for our history at all or saying that you are directly responsible or owe anybody anything. Just that there are reasons for these types of mindsets and organizations that justifies their existence.

Discrimination (and reverse discrimination) exists and always will and the memory of Nazi Germany and landmark moments in American history are still very fresh in the minds of many. History needs to be kept alive so that ours and future generations can continue to learn from past mistakes. This is key to changing our world for the better.

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't feel that as a white man I'm particularly discriminated against.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I don't think it is racist as much as I view it as racial. I don't have a problem with it in that if you are looking for a specific image for a person you are attracted to. I mean, I think there is a difference between being ignorant that different races can do certain things or have different capacities, etc...from being attracted to certain races.

I mean, I can find a black woman as attractive as a white woman...but rarely am I attracted to middle-eastern women (though, I've seen a few that are hot)...I don't think that is racist, I think that is a matter of personal taste. No different than preferring blondes over brunettes.

Would there be an uproar over a whitepeoplemeet.com? Whatever...there are so many dating sites that you should be able to find what you are looking for through them no matter what.

...and you know what, I'm white and I'm going to say something racist toward my own race...there already is a whitepeoplemeet.com...it's called farmersonly.com!!!!:heh:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
...and you know what, I'm white and I'm going to say something racist toward my own race...there already is a whitepeoplemeet.com...it's called farmersonly.com!!!!:heh:
:rofl:
Regarding the OP, we are talking about sexual attraction, right? What's racist about anyone's preferences? If some people want to limit their sexual relationships, that's their problem.

bluecoconuts

Legend
There's plenty of scholarships for white people. I was offered one for being Irish, they offer the for being essentially every European country, which are dominated by white people. Just because it doesnt say white, doesn't mean its not there.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can see the ones who were actually involved in trying to get away from the nazis. But now there are Jewish people two generations later, I doubt many of them have issues with Germans.

Keep in mind that it's all about how you're raised. Those Jews you are referring to were raised by parents who were raised by people that had a very legitimate reason to despise Germany. It wouldn't be shocking if that was passed down. Nor would I blame them.

Status
Not open for further replies.