im worried about our Cornerbacks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
VegasRam having trouble with his vision:
This is not directed at anyone in particular, but I find it pretty freaking amazing that there is an entire thread devoted to badmouthing the CBs.

Oh...and whatever you do, don't even suggest that maybe, just maybe, the WRs are better than generally believed. :shades:
So you think that expressing "concerns" about our DB corps is equivalent to "bad mouthing" them? Sorry Vegas but I just can't take that very seriously. Would you rather talk about the weather? :LOL: Discussing concerns or joys about all things Ram is what we do. It's how you do it that makes the difference.

As for thinking and talking about how our WR corps is better than we thought, I just said that I no longer think that WR will be a priority in FA or the draft next year earlier in this thread. Nobody beat me up. :LOL:

It's just my opinion of course but instead of talking about what other posters should or shouldn't be doing, why don't you mention your thoughts about our WRs in the "Wide Receivers" thread? See how that goes. (y) :cheers:

MrMotes

Starter
Considering GW is more of a back 7 than front 7 coordinator, and seeing what he's been able to get out of players like Roman Harper and Alterraun Verner, i think our secondary has a really good chance of surprising to the upside...

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Need to go get a copy of "Fantasy Football Forever" before I can continue responding in this thread. TBC...:cautious:

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I've been to three practices and none of the DB's are pulling a "Finnegan". This is the most talent the Rams have had in years. And they fit the scheme.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think it is very odd that 2012 DROY candidate JJ is getting cracked on like this. Yeah he got beat on some plays last year. But is anyone going to sit there and say our entire defense did not get beat on some plays? Did we forget how our defense came out of the blocks to start the season last year?

Go back and look at tape and see how we were flat out giving away the quick hitters underneath and teams were taking it like stealing candy from a baby. Is it really any wonder the DB covering the best receiver on the field bites on a double move when he is getting gouged all game with that ugly soft coverage position and ineffective pass rush early on? Yeah it's true that Boldin man handled him last year but he actually got away with offensive PI in several of those push-offs and he did it to several other very good CBs throughout the year. Sounds like the NFL is going to look more at PI on both sides of the ball this year so I guess we'll see how that plays out.

Regardless, we will see if CB is really a big issue this season but for now, I'm certainly not panicking.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Again, this is not directed at anyone, but if the shoe fits.....

..."having concerns about" is the same as saying "he sucks", based on reading a report from someone (who btw, isn't' a Rams coach), but still leaving wiggle room when it turns out you were completely wrong.

Janoris Jenkins is an excellent CB, as is Trumaine Johnson. Period. Personally, I don't have any "concerns".

I also don't have any "concerns" about the Rams in general, as I've been watching them for 50 years now, and am witnessing the best management they've had since the Showgirl, and Dumb and Dumber took over.

So excuse me if I'm not particularly "concerned" by a 2nd year CB getting schooled a couple of times by a very good WR in 7 on 7 drills.

As people much younger than me say ...peace out.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think part of the problem is that some read the reports by posters like CoachO and extrapolate out inferences that Coach never really made. If he says JJ had a rough day, it's as if he said JJ just doesn't get it or is no good at the position. He even went back to make sure people didn't take his observations on the CBs the wrong way (thank you Coach). They haven't even practiced in pads yet and even when they do, it is going to be important for the offense to click. Maybe some things to keep in mind - no?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I have no concerns about Jenkins and Johnson. Are they going to occasionally bite on the double-move? Yes. But I think that they'll make a lot more great plays than they'll give up. They both have the ability to be upper-echelon corners. Joyner is only going to help in that regard and can only be an upgrade over Finnegan. McDonald has another year under his belt, and he was playing like a vet after he came back from his leg injury. I still have faith in McLeod because he really wasn't bad as a starter. It was his first year as a starter, and I thought that he did a very good job. And our depth is better than it's been since I can remember.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So you think that expressing "concerns" about our DB corps is equivalent to "bad mouthing" them? Sorry Vegas but I just can't take that very seriously. Would you rather talk about the weather? :LOL: Discussing concerns or joys about all things Ram is what we do. It's how you do it that makes the difference.

As for thinking and talking about how our WR corps is better than we thought, I just said that I no longer think that WR will be a priority in FA or the draft next year earlier in this thread. Nobody beat me up. :LOL:

It's just my opinion of course but instead of talking about what other posters should or shouldn't be doing, why don't you mention your thoughts about our WRs in the "Wide Receivers" thread? See how that goes. (y) :cheers:

Nah Alan. I don't think that's what he's talking about. I think he is more referring to people calling to have JJ cut and talking about him as if he is simply a bad CB. It irritates me too. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe JJ is going to cut it as at least one has said. But we are talking about a player that was receiving consideration for DROY and then played a system last year under a rookie DC that I don't recall ANY of us liking - especially for how he positioned the DBs.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I think part of the problem is that some read the reports by posters like CoachO and extrapolate out inferences that Coach never really made. If he says JJ had a rough day, it's as if he said JJ just doesn't get it or is no good at the position. He even went back to make sure people didn't take his observations on the CBs the wrong way (thank you Coach). They haven't even practiced in pads yet and even when they do, it is going to be important for the offense to click. Maybe some things to keep in mind - no?

Thank you for helping to clarify things.

Also, while they are lining up tighter on the WRs, without pads, there has yet to be ANY bump and run.

The ONLY concern I have at this point, is the inexperience beyond Jenkins and Johnson. So far, and I am very aware of all the things I mentioned about the variables present that work against the defense in general in these drills, guys like Woodard and McGee just don't seem up to speed yet. Gaines appears to be more fundamentally sound than either of them. Joyner looks much better in the Nickel role, and has yet to take any reps at Safety. When lined up OUTSIDE he has struggled. I get that he will not be out there as long as JJ and TJ remain healthy. But the depth at this position actually might be more bothersome than at Safety.

Alan

Legend
RamFan503 thinking I misread Vegas:
Nah Alan. I don't think that's what he's talking about. I think he is more referring to people calling to have JJ cut and talking about him as if he is simply a bad CB. It irritates me too. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe JJ is going to cut it as at least one has said. But we are talking about a player that was receiving consideration for DROY and then played a system last year under a rookie DC that I don't recall ANY of us liking - especially for how he positioned the DBs.
Easily possible that I misread him. I doubt it though.

Here's what he said "but I find it pretty freaking amazing that there is an entire thread devoted to badmouthing the CBs". That isn't talking about JJ, that's talking about the thread itself. Then he intimated that we have moderators/posters who wouldn't stand for the same "bad mouthing" of a different player (Tavon) who was actually more deserving of being bad mouthed (if I read him correctly).

As I'm already at about 30,00 ft anything is possible. In any case, I stand by what I said but it's just my opinion and it's no biggie. I'm fine with Vegas. :love:

Although he may not be fine with me. :LOL:

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
As much as i like Donald i think we should have drafted Dennard or Kyle Fuller. I dont know if Britt, Bailey, and Quick have gotten that much better orJenkins just isnt any good. I hope its our receivers have gotten better because they are making him look bad. I hope he picks it up or Roberson Or Gaines are ready. I think our secondary is going to be weakest link of team this coming season i hope im wrong
dude no way... read this then. cheer up
http://www.sportsonearth.com/articl...fense-push-into-playoffs-robert-quinn#!bpjr5y

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Who's calling for him to be cut? After 3 practices & 2 seasons as a starter?

Alan

Legend
Perhaps I should put some info out there for all our new members. I recently underwent brain surgery to have an AVM removed and I smoke medical marijuana every evening to reduce both the quantity and the duration of the brain seizures I still suffer from. I partake of this "medicine" :LOL: every evening at around 8 PM EST.

Bottom line here is that when you converse with me after 8 PM you take your chances that I'll be making any sense. Although to be honest, the chances of me making less sense after 8 PM isn't that much greater. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: My sense of humor gets a quantum boost during that period too.

images

502923.gif

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Alan in his dazed and confused mode:
Easily possible that I misread him. I doubt it though.

You did. :p

Alan apparently thinking Irish and Vegas are the same person, nationality, or geographic location?:
Here's what he said "but I find it pretty freaking amazing that there is an entire thread devoted to badmouthing the CBs". That isn't talking about JJ, that's talking about the thread itself. Then he intimated that we have moderators/posters who wouldn't stand for the same "bad mouthing" of a different player (Tavon) who was actually more deserving of being bad mouthed (if I read him correctly).

You didn't. :fighting:

Alan

Legend
Luck of the Irish...Vegas. I totally see the connection.

Did I mention my brain surgery? :ROFLMAO:

Keep that stuff up and I'm going to unfriend you @RamFan503 . :p