I watched the Chargers game 2 times now

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm thinking you have no idea who I am. Unless you're collecting Social Security, I doubt you've been a Rams fan as long as I have. I call it as I see it, I gave three examples of why I consider him lost.

I'm thinking maybe you're one of those people that takes criticism of any Ram player personally.

not at all. i'm not into unfair bashing though, especially of the rams young qb that needs time to become as perfect as a few here want him to be.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Frankly I'm surprised there isn't a bit more disappointment around these parts. The guy is in his second year and he hasn't shown much at all. The defenses he's seeing are the most basic packages he'll ever see and he's still lost. At this point he should not be the starter, Mannion should, unless we want to see the kind of early season disaster we had last year.
I do not think he's anywhere near an NFL caliber QB now and I have my doubts he will be any time soon.
He has played 7 full season games in a shit offensive system with an atrocious coaching staff (ex TE coach as a first time OC ) and had what ? 30-40 plays in a new system in pre season .... dude is still a rookie ... if he had actually been drafted this year and we had seen out of him what he had shown in Pre season especially after the raiders game ain't no one calling him a bust

I get it though .. he isn't wentz (I wanted him to) but people need to get thier asses off the bust train at least for two more years

Last edited:

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Yeah, I'm saying that he shouldn't have fumbled it. Bosa was coming from his throwing side, not his blind side. It's a QB's job to anticipate pressure and at worst, take a sack, not to fumble it. Brady, Rogers or Stafford would agree.
Read what I wrote, not what you think I wrote.

View: https://youtu.be/58PrkjRQIdo

Oh and also Brady sucks. Look at him not knowing one of the best defensive ends in the league was coming for him. AND it wasn't even his blindside! What a scrub.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Boss slapped the ball out of his hand. I don't think there is one QB anywhere that would have held onto the ball. Hell I don't think Shaq with his huge hands would held onto the ball.

Bosa made a play. As Janoris says "they get paid too".

Yeah, I'm saying that he shouldn't have fumbled it. Bosa was coming from his throwing side, not his blind side. It's a QB's job to anticipate pressure and at worst, take a sack, not to fumble it. Brady, Rogers or Stafford would agree.

I'm reading what you wrote right here.

According to you QB's should never fumble, and when they do it's totally on them. Even when they don't see the defender coming like Goff didn't see Bosa. Tell me what "anticipate pressure" is because I think it's a phrase that's meaningless. How do you anticipate something when you don't know when or where it's coming from? It's a made up phrase.

Bosa made a great play. That's that.

You want to beat on Goff for getting a ball knocked out of his hands when the QB's you mentioned have had it happen multiple times for multiple seasons?

Not great logic.

I get it though .. he isn't wentz (I wanted him to) but people need to get thier asses off the bust train at least for two more years

This year at least LOL.

View: https://youtu.be/AhGo_j_0HjE

Look at all those unaware QBs. What a bunch of overrated fucks :rolleyes:

Haha........losers, every single one of them!!!

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Bosa made a play. As Janoris says "they get paid too".
This is the biggest thing, not just for Goff but any offensive player that "screws up". Fans tend to overreact, but they forget that the defense is going to make plays too. We praise our D for making plays, we don't say "thier offense messed up".

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Pah come on man ... I mean who the freak is Aaron Rodgers

That dude couldn't even get on the field for a few years. Bust!

This is the biggest thing, not just for Goff but any offensive player that "screws up". Fans tend to overreact, but they forget that the defense is going to make plays too. We praise our D for making plays, we don't say "thier offense messed up".

Yup!

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That dude couldn't even get on the field for a few years. Bust!

Don't even get me started on Matty Ryan ... I mean it's not like he will ever win NFL MVP or anything

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I'm thinking you have no idea who I am. Unless you're collecting Social Security, I doubt you've been a Rams fan as long as I have. I call it as I see it, I gave three examples of why I consider him lost.

I'm thinking maybe you're one of those people that takes criticism of any Ram player personally.
You're just getting the usual rookie razzing from the vets on here.

Give them a little hell back and then give him a thread winner on a bad post.

It seems to confuse them.
I found out that seems to work. :D

Last edited:

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill

Hahahahaha there is a bunch of videos to prove you wrong mr know it all. I get it you don't like Goff just say it and quit making things up. I don't like him either but im willing to give him the time he needs and the support. oh and I had season tickets from 69 until they left.

KayJay

Starter
Look I ain't trying to hear this bull sh*t. Listen, if Goff was that awful and Mannion looked that damn good Goff would of lost his position already. People always catch the negatives Goff does, but never acknowledge the fact Mannion has been in the league for longer, and that Goff's talent as a project outweighs the ceiling Mannion shows when he's out there. McVay literally has zero reason to keep Goff as the starter if Mannion is that damn good. Just like when Russel Wilson won his position over a QB who had been in the league for year under Aaron Rogers. What about Dak Prescott, keeping the job even though Romo was able to go?

It was strip sack fumble, it happens. Bosa got in pretty damn fast. The interception had me like "Oh Goff, what happened buddy?" Until I realized he actually did change his mind mid throw. This is technically his rookie year, so we will get ups and downs from him. But I'm confident, from the way he's playing we might be able to win 7 to 9 games this year. Less we forget, Goff was charging down the field before the strip sack fumble, and the fact we were in the redzone. Temper your expectations on both sides, negatively and positively. We drafted a raw quarterback, who now is able to play under center with regularity after coming from a spread offense; lol isn't that an improvement compared to last year? He's changing plays and watching the rush, as well as converting third downs. Gurley and the running game is looking much better and Goff has put us in the position to score at least once every single preseason game this year.

Mannion does what he does, plays great against backups. That's not to bash the guy, but don't you think if he was that talented McVay with the brilliant offensive mind he has would of seen that huge of a disparity between QB's? Its time we looked to the Colts. I'm over the preseason, too many overreactions. Its time we actually see our boy Goff shut some guys up. And I don't mean people in here, I mean analysts.

Kevin61

UDFA
Name
Kevin
Hahahahaha there is a bunch of videos to prove you wrong mr know it all. I get it you don't like Goff just say it and quit making things up. I don't like him either but im willing to give him the time he needs and the support. oh and I had season tickets from 69 until they left.

Please point me to the videos, I'm always willing to learn something new, maybe I missed the angle from Jupiter that shows he acted correctly.

I don't think highly of Goff, but its nothing personal. He seems like a great kid. but not a great NFL quarterback. Unless young Mr. Goff is spending his free time reading boards like this one, I don't think our support matters a bit to him. This is a place to speak our minds and hash out differences, not to queue up in the Kool-Aid line.

If it turns out I'm wrong, I'll admit it.

Ants

Starter
Please point me to the videos, I'm always willing to learn something new, maybe I missed the angle from Jupiter that shows he acted correctly.

If it turns out I'm wrong, I'll admit it.

The videos have been posted.
It's not a matter of if you're wrong about Goff. You're just flat-out wrong about your assessment of him based on 2 plays in a PRESEASON GAME.

Kevin61

UDFA
Name
Kevin
You're just getting the usual rookie razzing from the vets on here.

Give them a little hell back and then give him a thread winner on a bad post.

It seems to confuse them.
I found out that seems to work. :D

Thanks, I appreciate the support. I can take the criticism of my takes as long they are supported by facts, not vacant platitudes and personal attacks. If you disagree with me tell me why. If all they can come up with is "You're just a hater" or "one of those guys" , there isn't much to work with.

Kevin61

UDFA
Name
Kevin
The videos have been posted.
It's not a matter of if you're wrong about Goff. You're just flat-out wrong about your assessment of him based on 2 plays in a PRESEASON GAME.
How about a link ?