How was Keenum allowed to play

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
And you have no links... so there's always that.
You make it sound as if some writer didn't post a story or tweet some quote then it never happened. Pretty sad state we're now in.

My information came from someone close to the player. Again. Shoot the messenger of you must. I'm just passing in what I "heard".

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're missing the point I'm trying to make completely.

I've never once said that concussions aren't serious.

And what difference does it make at all in what we know or don't know? It doesn't change a thing either way. I get tired of the "public's right to know" bs that is now the standard. It's made accurate reporting nonexistent. In this age of social media and instant gratification it's more about being the first break the story with virtually no regard for accuracy.

And when it comes back and the story is completely flawed. They run and hide it in to the next headline without so much as acknowledgement of their "mistake". They claim things changed since their original report taking no accountability for the family members who read their crap.
You seem preoccupied with the media "getting it right".

Rarely does that happen... and it's been going on like that for years (even outside sports).

Not worthy of taking some stand on it, IMO.

In this particular case, I don't care if they got the initial reports wrong... I know what I saw...I have a feeling (no "insider info" here) that this story will continue to unfold throughout the week and Keenum will not be cleared to play Sunday against Cincinnati.

I hope that's the case... that guy looked bad.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
You seem preoccupied with the media "getting it right".

Rarely does that happen... and it's been going on like that for years (even outside sports).

Not worthy of taking some stand on it, IMO.

In this particular case, I don't care if they got the initial reports wrong... I know what I saw...I have a feeling (no "insider info" here) that this story will continue to unfold throughout the week and Keenum will not be cleared to play Sunday against Cincinnati.

I hope that's the case... that guy looked bad.
Bur you're the expert based off what you saw on a tv screen.

Just so we know where were all coming from.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bur you're the expert based off what you saw on a tv screen.

Just so we know where were all coming from.
Yes... and you're the guy with "insider information" from a friend of a player... and if we don't believe your reports, we're shooting the messenger...

After all, you're just trying to provide a public service to us.

Got it, chief!

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Yeah. We've seen how that can be an issue before.

It's maintained by an intern. And with all due respect to Miles Simmons. I hardly consider him the be all to all things Rams.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Yes... and you're the guy with "insider information" from a friend of a player... and if we don't believe your reports, we're shooting the messenger...

After all, you're just trying to provide a public service to us.

Got it, chief!
And I never claimed that anyone should or shouldn't believe anything I've posted. I was very clear about that.

But I've been in here long enough to have shown to be pretty credible When I post this sort of thing.

Again take it for what's it's worth.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
And I never claimed that anyone should or shouldn't believe anything I've posted. I was very clear about that.

But I've been in here long enough to have shown to be pretty credible When I post this sort of thing.

Whether the media was wrong about Keenum failing the concussion protocol or not, do you agree it was awful that, given the strong visual cues of potential concussion he was displaying, he was still permitted to run back out there for the next play and get hit again?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

So, based on your inside sources, Case Keenum does NOT have a concussion and will play Sunday?

RedRam

Pro Bowler
How was Keenum allowed to play?

Incompetence, that's how. Plain and simple. The incompetence was spread over multiple levels. The NFL, the officials, the Rams, the Ravens, even the players on the field are culpable.

Somebody, ANYBODY should've stepped up for Keenum and nobody did. Even most of us beer-swilling knot-heads recognized the situation immediately and called for Keenum to be removed from the field. I guess we, as fans, care more about a player than his "brothers in arms" out there on the field.

I'm actually more disgusted with my favorite team over this than the fact that they stink, as per usual. I have to believe all the constant talk about having each other's backs is just that, talk. Talk is freakin' cheap...

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Whether the media was wrong about Keenum failing the concussion protocol or not, do you agree it was awful that, given the strong visual cues of potential concussion he was displaying, he was still permitted to run back out there for the next play and get hit again?
I won't make that call based on not being there and not being able to talk to him or evelauate him. He was obviously disoriented for her appeared to be less than 30 seconds. Doesn't necessarily equate to having a concussion.

Would it make everyone feel better that he come off the field for one play and someone makes the decision to put him back in??

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I won't make that call based on not being there and not being able to talk to him or evelauate him. He was obviously disoriented for her appeared to be less than 30 seconds. Doesn't necessarily equate to having a concussion.

Would it make everyone feel better that he come off the field for one play and someone makes the decision to put him back in??
Absolutely. I thought that was the idea behind the mostly-lip-service new rules designed to avoid getting guys with fresh concussions whacked further. And the problem with "doesn't necessarily equate to having a concussion" is that it does, generally speaking, equate to meeting the NFL's self-imposed definition of a possibly- or likely-concussed individual.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, yes. Wouldnt you? And isnt that the purpose of the spotter?

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
What? He looks fine. :homercrawl:

View: https://vine.co/v/izb9B3v2955

If this was boxing, he wouldn't have made the count. Heard some talk on this during the post game. The consensus belief is because it was the last drive, nobody wanted to yank the rug out from under him despite barely being able to get up. In heindsight, total fail by anyone in a position to make that call.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Well, yes. Wouldnt you? And isnt that the purpose of the spotter?
I get it. But why is no one clamorimg about the Ravens allowing Flacco to continue play with a torn MCL &ACL?

Why are they not being chastised for allowing their franchise QB to risk his career by "sucking it up" and staying on the field?

I get it. Just pointing out the inconsistencies.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get it. But why is no one clamorimg about the Ravens allowing Flacco to continue play with a torn MCL &ACL?

Why are they not being chastised for allowing their franchise QB to risk his career by "sucking it up" and staying on the field?

I get it. Just pointing out the inconsistencies.
Now we're comparing possible brain damage to a knee that can be surgically repaired?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Now we're comparing possible brain damage to a knee that can be surgically repaired?
Just let it go. You've made your point.

Why do feel the need to attack my every post?

You are acting like you're the self proclaimed expert on this topic. I've never once said that I didn't think it was serious. I've made my point about how I don't think it warrants being a NATIONAL story.

If the intern doesn't make the comment to the media and it comes out that Keenum in fact passed the concussion protocol post game is wouldn't be a story.