HardKnocks Episode I Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
I seriously got chills during the Waufel scene. "We want to fuck, you up!" That dude motivated me!

Ohhh, and that yoga girl!

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Sept 25 @Buccaneers
Oct 09 Bills
Oct 16 @Lions
Oct 23 Giants
Nov 06 Panthers
Nov 13 @Jets
Nov 20 Dolphins
Nov 27 @Saints
Dec 04 @Cheatriots
Dec 11 Falcons

These are the games for Fisher that have been the difference between going 7-9 and being a playoff team the last few years. Has to change.

Exactly Mojo... In his 4 years, Fisher has been for "what ever reasons" soft outside of the NFC West vs teams they probably should've beat and some of them beaten soundly.

A top 25 offense and this 2016 team can get 8-9 or wins. General J.Fisher will not except 8-9 wins and doesn't want to settle for even 10. This man has become angry, greedy and pissed off.

Is Fisher a players coach no doubt... but it appears this is the year he will not let the little crap slide. You can feel it in the air. I can't wait to get home from work and watch it again..

La%20Hard%20Knocks%20Graphic%20(1).jpg

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I liked it. I am a little concerned at what I perceive as immature/boyish Goff. I know the kid is only 22, but I expected a little more maturity out of him. Oh, and for him to know where the sun rises, yikes. Also really needs to work on QB center exchange. A few other notes:

Wauffel is awesome.
Kush is possibly :effemine: .....not that there is anything wrong with that.

AD is AD. Fucking beast.

Hayes is going to be a star on this show if they give him more air time.

Saffold is absolutely massive. Jamon Brown looked like Goff standing next to him. Stay healthy big boy!

Can't wait to see more of the rookie WR/TE group next week!!!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I will add that I felt terrible for our good friends and fans in St. Lou during that opening. That must have been brutal.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really felt bad for the St Louis area fans during the opening minutes. I am sure that stung quite a bit. Lets hope that the show lets you see a part of the team you never saw before and maybe you fall in love all over again.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
West Coast Guys never know that the sun rises in the East actually found that funny, Goff reminds me of my son, very bright a software engineer, but when he was young would leave the door wide open when leaving the house.

Who knew Chris Weinke was a hard ass? No more Tinky Winky posts going forward. Also loved the cutting of Deon Long for breaking the rules now we know Fisher would not have taken the same approach with one of the upper echelon players, but it does send the right message.

I was a big fan of Mike Waufle before this episode and being a Marine even a bigger fan now, great assistant coach and IMO best defensive line coach in the NFL. Rams list two guys with #72 Ian Seau and Pace Murphy and Murphy is an OL so it appeared Seau was doing very well in some of the clips.

Really enjoyed I was somewhat apprehensive because I thought they might show something about one of the players I didn't like I still remember the NY Jets on Hard Knocks with Antonio Cromartie and him talking about the 7 kids he had in like 6 years. Anyway off to a great start and I'm glad Fisher is not settling this year and glad Mr. Kroenke ensured all the players get air conditioners for the dorms.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Loved the show. I cannot wait till Sat and its on ESPN too.

Loved that we do have some hard ass coaches. Waffle telling the entire room of DL you want to go lets go, I may get my ass kicked but I will F you up too! Fisher setting the tone, no ass in the dorm rooms and if you do bye bye! And then using TA to teach them how the little things not only affect them but the entire team. We will not be 7-9!

I like that Goff is not getting a free pass from the coaches and other players. The one on one in the coaches room was great. Him getting teased about the sun up and sun down and his love for Taylor Swift is a good thing.

I like Case. I like that the payers know that they got to WIN now or they will not get the support. I like Kush, dude is a nut. AD wow just :wow:! Gurley is a talker, who knew and I like it. Telling AD your first :fuelfire:. I like how the DL hangs out outside of team stuff. Hope the other units do the same thing.

Looking forward to getting to know the players more. Want to see more of Hayes, Barron, TJ, Bennie, and the rookie WR's.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
'Hard Knocks' lesson No. 1: Rams coach Jeff Fisher will not be 7-9 (again)
By ESPN.com

[www.espn.com]

At his first training camp meeting with his team, Los Angeles Rams coach Jeff Fisher laid out the rules.

1. Be on time.

2. No visitors to the dorms at the University of California-Irvine.

Cut to the next day. Fisher calls wide receiver Deon Long, who broke rule No. 2, to his office. Fisher cuts Long from the team so beginning another season of “Hard Knocks,” the HBO reality series which will follow the Rams through training camp.

Rams coach Jeff Fisher has emphasized early in training camp how not following the team's rules can prevent it from excelling.
After letting Long go, Fisher uses him as an example. He says that kind of behavior will lead to a subpar season.

“Little things are important, you follow me?” Fisher said. “I am not f---ing going 7-9 or 8-8 or 9-7, OK? Or 10-6 for that matter. This team is too talented. I am not going to settle for that, OK? I know what I am doing. We had some 7-9 bulls--- this morning. Now, Deon’s gone. That is 7-9 bulls---. We don’t need it."

Fisher knows what 8-8, or worse, feels like. In 16 seasons as a head coach in the NFL, he has six winning seasons, the rest were .500 or below. Now, he is leading the Rams back into Los Angeles 21 seasons after they left for St. Louis.

Fisher will do it with rookie quarterback Jared Goff, who was the No. 1 overall pick in the draft out of Cal. If the first episode of “Hard Knocks” is any indication, Goff will be one of this season’s stars.

Since the dorms at training camp were not air conditioned, Goff sent 60 fans to the offense and offensive coaches. Fisher was less than impressed.

“So the offense has fans and the defense doesn’t?” Fisher asked. “Great way to start off."

Goff also struggled on the field. The rookie never called plays in the huddle in high school or college. His confusion with the pro-style offense showed with a variety of fumbles and incompletions. Later, in the quarterbacks’ room, assistant coach Chris Weinke let Goff have it.

“Your expectation is up here,” Weinke said, raising his hand to the sky. “I know you are a rookie; I don’t give a f---, to be honest with you. Everybody’s watching what you do. You can’t f---ing hide; you can’t. It ought to give you chills. You know how many football teams there are in the NFL?”

“Thirty two,” Goff answered.

“You know how many starting quarterbacks there are?” Weinke asked.

“Thirty two,” Goff said again.

“There's 32, and you are wired to be the starting quarterback of this football team,” Weinke said. “But how does that happen? It doesn’t just happen through osmosis and ‘I am No. 16, so I am going to start.’ That ain’t f---ing happening. I am going to tell you that right now. It’s up to you. Some people can’t handle it. Some people can’t handle the position you play. They definitely can’t handle the position you’re in.”

Goff proves to be an intriguing, perhaps naïve character. He admits to coaches he does not know where the sun rises -- “East,” he tells a teammate later. “Apparently it’s well known” -- and his love for pop star Taylor Swift.

Here are some others with star potential for the final five episodes:

Tavon Austin: The receiver fails to eat lunch -- he had two bananas -- before practice and cramps up. Fisher berates Austin's behavior during the 7-9 speech. At the end of the episode, Austin shows his playful side, taking a golf cart around the Cal-Irvine campus to play Pokemon Go.

Aaron Donald: The defensive tackle is billed as the best player in the NFL you have never heard of. He didn’t show a ton of personality, but gets plenty of admiration from coaches and players for his athletic ability.

Todd Gurley: The second-year running back does plenty of trash talking and is called “lippy but lovable.” He is also doing commercials for California burger joint Carl’s Jr.

Eric Kush: As the Rams' center, Kush tells Goff how much pressure to apply to his rear end to make it clear he is ready for the snap. He also walks viewers through his wardrobe of tank tops and 36 pairs of socks. “The key is to never have to wash socks at training camp,” he said.

Mike Waufle: The former Marine is the defensive line coach. “We are going to blow up the NFL,” he told his linemen during a colorful speech.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
“Hard Knocks” spotlights Goff, shows how far he still has to go

Posted by Zac Jackson

[profootballtalk.nbcsports.com]

On the same day Rams coach Jeff Fisher told reporters that 2016 No. 1 overall draft pick Jared Goff will soon be getting more first-team reps, the annual “Hard Knocks” inside training camp show debuted on HBO and featured Rams camp.

Goff got the treatment from the show’s cameras and producers that you’d expect a top pick in Los Angeles to get. He’s the headliner, even before he’s the starter, and the first of the show’s five episodes started by showing how far Goff still has to go.

A montage of botched snaps, whether or not they were Goff’s fault, was followed by clips of Goff talking with coaches and trying to relay plays through the huddle. The show’s producers also carefully chose a clip of Goff on set with NFL Network after one practice saying he’s never been a backup quarterback at any level.

At one point cameras caught Rams defensive coordinator Gregg Williams telling Fisher and other Rams staffers that Goff has never huddled — “not in middle school, not in high school” — so it’s understandable that he’s getting used to both the verbiage of the offense and relaying it.

“Offenses in the NFL, you’ve got to have a f—–g catalog to call plays,” Williams said.

The HBO cameras were also on hand for a one-on-one session with Goff and quarterbacks coach Chris Weinke.

“Everybody is watching what you,” Weinke told Goff. “You can’t f—–g hide. It ought to give you chills.

“This doesn’t just happen. You don’t just say, ‘Hey, I’m No. 16, I’m the starting quarterback. That ain’t f—–g happening.”

Like happens on any good quasi-reality show, the struggles are followed with brighter moments. Cameras caught Goff getting extra post-practice work with wide receiver Kenny Britt, asking Britt for more reps to make up for poor throws, and later caught Williams telling his defense it needed to keep the offense out of the end zone for one play in an 11-on-11 situation.

Right on cue, Goff threw a touchdown pass.

“That was real,” cameras caught Rams defensive lineman Mike Waufle saying to his fellow coaches after one Goff pass. “He threw a strike. That’s a quarterback, man.”

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
USA Today 12 Best moments from1st Episode Hardknocks

It’s finally here. HBO’s Hard Knocks with the Los Angeles Rams began on Tuesday night, and even though it was the first episode there was still plenty to take in from the action. Let’s jump into it with the best moments and key takeaways.

1. Jared Goff must have made a pretty nice first impression
The rookie QB ordered 60 (yes, 60) fans for the offense and offensive coaches to use during training camp. Obviously, this was a pretty huge deal at first, as the dorms didn’t have air conditioning or fans at first. Fortunately, the team wound up ordering each player and coach personal air conditioning units.

2. Eric Kush is convinced there is such a thing as ‘going out tanks’

I’m not really sure I can get on board with the fact that there are tank tops that are specifically good for going out. Fortunately, what Kush usually wears (below), is definitely not the definition of a ‘going out tank.’

3. Deon Long was cut for having a female visitor in his room
When Fisher released Long, we weren’t exactly sure why. Thanks to Hard Knocks, we found out it was due to Long having a female in his room, something that Fisher made clear was not allowed when explaining the rules of training camp. Long didn’t look completely shocked, and it was a short conversation, capped with Long thanking Fisher and then going on his way.

4. Goff’s personality showed up way more
He was sarcastic, outgoing and essentially sought out conversations with teammates and coaches. Best of all, he was majorly interactive with the fans. This seemed to be a different player from the mildly-quiet quarterback who we saw after he was drafted No. 1 by the Rams this offseason.

5. Every Rams player came to camp in shape

Early on in the show, Fisher and the coaches put the players through a conditioning test. While it was apparently pretty grueling, the good news was that each player passed the test, showing that the team came to California ready to roll.

6. Aaron Donald is awesome at ping pong. Eugene Sims? Not so much

As good as Donald was at ping pong, Sims did let his teammate down a bit, as the two wound up losing their game against two UC Irvine students. Maybe we’ll get a rematch at some point in the coming episodes.

7. We got an update on Tavon Austin’s cramps, and it involved two bananas
For those who are curious, Austin did eat lunch the day that he cramped up. Unfortunately, his lunch consisted of exactly two bananas. That explains it pretty well.

8. Aaron Donald’s got really good hands
Donald joked at one point, stating ‘who has the best hands on the team?’ after making multiple catches, including a one-handed grab. In all honesty, though, watching him catch passes was actually really impressive.

9. Defensive line coach Mike Waufle is down-right intimidating
If not a single one of his multiple speeches to his defensive line gave you goosebumps, then you might not be human. The guy is just all in, all the time, and it’s awesome.

10. Goff and Keenum’s budding friendship seems like the real deal
The two slowly seemed to get closer, from a quick pat on the back to joking about Goff’s interest in Taylor Swift. This heated training camp competition isn’t likely to be one that turns sour quickly, as both QBs seem more than happy to support each other.

11. Kenny Britt and Kush had no issue staying after practice with Goff
While much of the love went to Goff for staying after practice to get extra reps in, both Britt and Kush were more than happy to stick around and work with Goff for what seemed like an extended time after practice.

12. Tavon Austin drove around UC Irvine’s camp catching Pokemon
Pokemon Go is taking over, and Austin made sure to get on the train. He spent one night riding around learning the ins and outs of the game, while also getting super excited about the Pokemon he wound up catching. It was pretty enjoyable to watch overall.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Great first show!!!! As a St Louis guy yeah it was a little tough to watch the first few minutes. But in reality that ship has sailed they are LA Rams and in my mind I've moved on and i'm still supporting the players and coaches. Don't get it twisted i still despise Stan but hey its football season this is still my squad and i'm supporting them.

Things i loved about the show for me:

1) Fisher saying we not having the 7-9 bull**** hahahhaha and then saying he is not going 7-9 or 8-8 or 9-7 or 10-6. He basically told them we are going to win the division and make the playoffs because they are too talented. I loved that.

2) Aaron Donald is a flat out beast did you see him catching passes i was like wow plus he really put in work in the weight room in the offseason. On top of that he hates to lose and is a pretty good ping pong player.

3) All the coaches Waffle and Weinke impressed me by going hard on the kids

4) You can see why guys like Bucky Brooks and Wesiche made those comments about Goff, those early center exchanges and play calling was horrible. but he is making progress

5) Todd Gurley and Tavon Austin bring the energy and trash talking to practice. I love it two!!

I can't wait for the next show which will feature our first preseason game. Also looking forward to coming out to LA in October to watch the Rams game!!!

Its football season fellas :mrburnsevil::yess::yay::football::boxing:

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
Anyone manage to find this online to stream or download yet ? Genesis in the Kodi app has the episode listed but says no stream available.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I found it hilarious when Donald took off his shirt before playing ping pong, I was "whoa, that dude is scary."

And Eugene really sucks at ping pong. Hahah.

Tavon playing Pokemon go, was great since he's my kids favorite player and he plays it as well.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Looking forward to getting to know the players more. Want to see more of Hayes, Barron, TJ, Bennie, and the rookie WR's.
Some of these guys are a lil serious...and not looking for camera stuff...Barron & TJ seem like that...all business....Not that Donald isn't...but Barron & TJ....they seemed wired different...It'd be like Hacksaw Reynolds cheesing for the camera...Deacon Jones....See Fred Dryer was a clown...Jack Youngblood...all football. And that's cool

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some of these guys are a lil serious...and not looking for camera stuff...Barron & TJ seem like that...all business....Not that Donald isn't...but Barron & TJ....they seemed wired different...It'd be like Hacksaw Reynolds cheesing for the camera...Deacon Jones....See Fred Dryer was a clown...Jack Youngblood...all football. And that's cool
I think it would cool to see TJ and some backstory with his dad. They could show some stuff on Barron and what he and his wife do to help others.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I tried to get DirecTV to give me HBO
I lied and said I was gonna leave (I have no choice cause I live rural and can't get internet) but instead they have me Showtime..... now I can see Black Snake Moan 50x
Weakness

Just order it for the next month and a half then cancel.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Just order it for the next month and a half then cancel.

Exactly i know Uverse was running a special so i got my billed reduced for two years got the redzone channel for free and HBO for six months free.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Great first show!!!! As a St Louis guy yeah it was a little tough to watch the first few minutes. But in reality that ship has sailed they are LA Rams and in my mind I've moved on and i'm still supporting the players and coaches. Don't get it twisted i still despise Stan but hey its football season this is still my squad and i'm supporting them.

Things i loved about the show for me:

1) Fisher saying we not having the 7-9 bull**** hahahhaha and then saying he is not going 7-9 or 8-8 or 9-7 or 10-6. He basically told them we are going to win the division and make the playoffs because they are too talented. I loved that.

2) Aaron Donald is a flat out beast did you see him catching passes i was like wow plus he really put in work in the weight room in the offseason. On top of that he hates to lose and is a pretty good ping pong player.

3) All the coaches Waffle and Weinke impressed me by going hard on the kids

4) You can see why guys like Bucky Brooks and Wesiche made those comments about Goff, those early center exchanges and play calling was horrible. but he is making progress

5) Todd Gurley and Tavon Austin bring the energy and trash talking to practice. I love it two!!

I can't wait for the next show which will feature our first preseason game. Also looking forward to coming out to LA in October to watch the Rams game!!!

Its football season fellas :mrburnsevil::yess::yay::football::boxing:

I feel the same way, Big Game... it was a little tough to see some of the stuff and keep hearing all the 'California' songs throughout the show. OK... we get it. You moved. As Big Game said, my anger is directed at Kroenke and Demoff and not the players.

Freaking Donald is a beast. My lord that dude is big. And so freaking athletic. I think he will be DPOY this year.

Gurley is so damn fast (and quick)...

Love the coaches and the attitude. Hope it rubs off on the players.

Enjoyed first episode and looking forward to the next.