Flacco hearing footsteps?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
So you could be right.
tenor.gif

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Flacco is ignoring the kid? Way to be a team player, guy.

He's not the first guy to ignore the guy drafted to take his chair.

Remember what Favre said in an interview. "It's not my job to get Aaron Rodgers ready to play".

Montana was a dickhead to Young.

Happens all the time.

Nothing to see here................

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Flacco was the biggest blunder in an otherwise excellent career by a guy that I think is fantastic........Ozzie Newsome.

He may be as good as any GM ever has been. But Flacco was a bad choice and it hurt that team

I gotta disagree. Flacco developed into an average QB and helped them win a Super Bowl. That's a good result from a QB drafted outside the top 10. Kyle Boller was Ozzie's biggest blunder.

IMO, Vick was far more electric. Jackson IMO, will end up being another Terrelle Pryor...I just didn't see it in Jackson, especially throwing the football. Vick threw lasers.

Jackson is a much better thrower than Pryor. And he's much more advanced mentally and in the pocket.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol on comparison to a Vince Young and Vick. Those guys couldn’t hold Jackson’s jock passing wise. That Louisville team was trash without him. He’s got flaws but I think he’ll be better than Allen and Darnold

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I gotta disagree. Flacco developed into an average QB and helped them win a Super Bowl. That's a good result from a QB drafted outside the top 10. Kyle Boller was Ozzie's biggest blunder.

Boller may have been Ozzie's biggest draft blunder, but signing Flacco to that contract was the biggest mistake overall.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Isn't this a contract year for Flacco? He is going to be playing for his next contract whether it is with the Ravens or not. Lamar(if I can call him that) will not play in a regular season game unless Flacco is hurt or the season went bad fast. It's not going to be because Flacco is playing bad.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Isn't this a contract year for Flacco? He is going to be playing for his next contract whether it is with the Ravens or not. Lamar(if I can call him that) will not play in a regular season game unless Flacco is hurt or the season went bad fast. It's not going to be because Flacco is playing bad.
Oh no, he's signed for three more years after this one.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Jackson is a much better thrower than Pryor. And he's much more advanced mentally and in the pocket.

Maybe, but still not very accurate. I realize certain coaches respect Bobby Petrino, not as a person, but as a play caller, however, I have concern with accuracy. Not sure that can be corrected, but I guess we shall see.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well in all fairness, there weren’t any qb they missed on with that pick either. Team was a disaster at qb then. I suppose that in itself is a blunder for a GM

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe, but still not very accurate. I realize certain coaches respect Bobby Petrino, not as a person, but as a play caller, however, I have concern with accuracy. Not sure that can be corrected, but I guess we shall see.

With his running ability, he has more margin for error with the accuracy.

Well in all fairness, there weren’t any qb they missed on with that pick either. Team was a disaster at qb then. I suppose that in itself is a blunder for a GM

You always have a choice what guy you draft. When you draft a bust, that blunder is always on you. Ozzie could have looked for a stop-gap if he didn't think the QBs in the Draft were worthwhile. You set your team back years when you spend a first on a bad QB (because you can't discard him after one year).

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

He developed into average and helped them win a SB?

So did Dilfer!!!!!

By the way Ozzie didn't and doesn't draft QB's. Boller wasn't his choice. He left that to the HC and would select the guy the HC wanted for his system and I know that because I heard him say it himself.

His blunder with Flacco was giving him a big contract when he could have moved on from him as a free agent.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He developed into average and helped them win a SB?

So did Dilfer!!!!!

By the way Ozzie didn't and doesn't draft QB's. Boller wasn't his choice. He left that to the HC and would select the guy the HC wanted for his system and I know that because I heard him say it himself.

His blunder with Flacco was giving him a big contract when he could have moved on from him as a free agent.

Did not know that. Still, I think that falls at Ozzie's feet. The buck stops with him.

Dilfer didn't help the Ravens win a Super Bowl. Dilfer simply didn't stand in their way. Flacco was actually an outstanding playoff QB (from the 2010 season on). From the 2010 season to the present, he's thrown 24 TDs to 4 Ints in 10 playoff games (with a 7-3 record). Flacco was a mediocre regular season QB, but he definitely elevated his performance for the playoffs. Calling the deal with Flacco a blunder isn't a fair characterization. He got the extension after 2012. He had put together five years of solid play during the regular season and just led them to the Super Bowl while throwing for 11 TDs to 0 Ints that post-season.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
With his running ability, he has more margin for error with the accuracy.

A very intelligent poster once communicated to me..."Give me the guy who keeps the play alive and his eyes downfield, with the ability to throw into tiny windows."

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A very intelligent poster once communicated to me..."Give me the guy who keeps the play alive and his eyes downfield, with the ability to throw into tiny windows."

Sometimes, you gotta make do with what you have. When you're picking 32nd in the Draft, you'll take a QB who has some flaws. At the end of the day, Donovan McNabb had major accuracy problems, but it didn't stop him from being successful in the NFL. When you can run, you have a bit more margin for error when it comes to your passing skills. The big question is if Jackson will hold up in the NFL as a runner.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The big question is if Jackson will hold up in the NFL as a runner.

Well, we will see because, he was highly inaccurate with throws on the move throughout the 2017 season, so he will have to run.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Did not know that. Still, I think that falls at Ozzie's feet. The buck stops with him.

How can it fall at his feet when he says he picks all the players but the QB which he leaves up to the HC so he can get the guy for his system.

And if you think McNabb was successful in the NFL we have different baselines LOL.

nighttrain

Legend
Sometimes, you gotta make do with what you have. When you're picking 32nd in the Draft, you'll take a QB who has some flaws. At the end of the day, Donovan McNabb had major accuracy problems, but it didn't stop him from being successful in the NFL. When you can run, you have a bit more margin for error when it comes to your passing skills. The big question is if Jackson will hold up in the NFL as a runner.
nope

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
If Jackson turns into Deshaun Watson....the league will change in 10 years.

Pretty certain someone said that as well when RGIII and Kaepernick came into the league. The league tends to adjust after teams have studied enough tape on any new QB. I'll say this though, of all the QB's drafted recently he looks like he may be the most exciting to watch.

Who's the OC in Baltimore now?

Marty Mornhinweg.