Flacco hearing footsteps?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Personally I have my doubts about Jackson, but the QB situation could get interesting in Balitimore if the team struggles.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...n-lions-caught-off-guard-and-other-nfl-notes/

Keep an eye on this Joe Flacco/Lamar Jackson situation. It isn't getting the national attention that the overt Big Ben/Mason Rudolph apparent blood feud is garnering, but this has the potential to get sideways.

Flacco has been ignoring the rookie, according to the rookie, and I don't think this rookie is going to bow down or kiss any rings – nor should he – and I don't see Flacco being invested in a mentor role (nor should he be given his career in Baltimore is in the balance).

Flacco is never going to get down the muck the way Roethlisberger has, and he'll be passive-aggressive about the situation at worst – without the outward disdain for the Rudolph selection that Roethlisberger seems to be relishing in – but it won't take much for Jackson to win over the fans and this could get prickly, quickly.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Jackson should be starting at QB if the Ravens want to make the playoffs.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If Jackson turns into Deshaun Watson....the league will change in 10 years.

I like Jackson...but haven't watched enough of him to say whether he'll succeed or fail. Who's the OC in Baltimore now?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Jackson should be starting at QB if the Ravens want to make the playoffs.
I dont think we can blame the lack of production entirely on Flacco. They certainly haven't given Flacco much to work with on offense the past few years.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I dont think we can blame the lack of production entirely on Flacco. They certainly haven't given Flacco much to work with on offense the past few years.

Granted, there weren't many receiving weapons to work with, but he's had a solid offensive line for quite some time, and it's not like the Ravens weapons were the 2009 Rams.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Granted, there weren't many receiving weapons to work with, but he's had a solid offensive line for quite some time, and it's not like the Ravens weapons were the 2009 Rams.
Not much of a running game either.

I do agree that Flaccos days are numbered. I'm just not sure about this year

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Flacco was the biggest blunder in an otherwise excellent career by a guy that I think is fantastic........Ozzie Newsome.

He may be as good as any GM ever has been. But Flacco was a bad choice and it hurt that team

And he was a fantastic player too. A lot of people don't realize that, and when he retired he was considered to be the best pass catching TE to have played. Fun fact..........he didn't fumble for the last 10 years he played and only recorded 3 fumbles in 662 catches.

He was also a super nice dude and always spent time with fans. He is widely loved, as much as Kosar or awfully close. Some people may not like that he went to Baltimore with the Browns but he was working in the front office already.

This is a great highlight reel from The Top 100 that NFL films did a few years back. The story about spiking the ball will give you some insight into his personality.

And pay attention to how crappy the stadium and field were back then. Horrible..........

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Personally I have my doubts about Jackson, but the QB situation could get interesting in Balitimore if the team struggles.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...n-lions-caught-off-guard-and-other-nfl-notes/

Keep an eye on this Joe Flacco/Lamar Jackson situation. It isn't getting the national attention that the overt Big Ben/Mason Rudolph apparent blood feud is garnering, but this has the potential to get sideways.

Flacco has been ignoring the rookie, according to the rookie, and I don't think this rookie is going to bow down or kiss any rings – nor should he – and I don't see Flacco being invested in a mentor role (nor should he be given his career in Baltimore is in the balance).

Flacco is never going to get down the muck the way Roethlisberger has, and he'll be passive-aggressive about the situation at worst – without the outward disdain for the Rudolph selection that Roethlisberger seems to be relishing in – but it won't take much for Jackson to win over the fans and this could get prickly, quickly.
I think Flacco knows IF he doesn't get it done, he's gone! But I don't put it all on him!! What has happened to the Ravens in the Last Few years is far from just his fault!! Why do you think the GM just Retired!!!!? JMHO!!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Memento

Name
Jemma

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He's more accurate than Vick was when he entered the draft.

IMO, Vick was far more electric. Jackson IMO, will end up being another Terrelle Pryor...I just didn't see it in Jackson, especially throwing the football. Vick threw lasers.

fearsomefour

Legend
IMO, Vick was far more electric. Jackson IMO, will end up being another Terrelle Pryor...I just didn't see it in Jackson, especially throwing the football. Vick threw lasers.
I don't remember anyone this side of Farve that could throw absolute darts and make it look as effortless as Vick.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don't remember anyone this side of Farve that could throw absolute darts and make it look as effortless as Vick.

He had a really strong arm for sure and in a snap could throw the ball a long, long way. But his accuracy was terrible and he couldn't read defenses.