Early OTA Starter Observations

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
On paper TJ is a great matchup against TEs because he is big, fast, and physical, but IMO TJ is a little stiff in coverage especially when asked to play man to man. I would almost prefer him playing FS single high zone over the top where he can use his great range as opposed to being a SS matched up man to man in the box with a TE or a slot WR.

You just summarized the way I see it tbh. TJ might end up being more effective deep than many think, and I suspect the staff realizes that. Ironically in Williams' defense the SS does a lot more coverage than the FS does, whose job is to not get beat deep. All he's gotta do out there is make the correct decision the defense he has been playing in for a couple seasons now dictates, and use his size/range to intercept the ball or the receiver.

And let me tell you... If anyone thinks receivers aren't aware of TJ coming downhill at them from the deep middle they're deluded. He is a very, very nice fit there and the reason why McLeod was allowed to walk.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Great reply first off. Thank you for that.Pretty awesome on how you recalled that.

--After that is would seem hard to question you.

I think your wrong about Roger Saffold in all accounts except that he gets injured a lot. I believe he will stay belt by all season.-- Be says he will more than earn his contract.I think he is taking on a team leadership.

I did not like the changes that were made.I thought Saffold should have stayed at LG & then when they finally did he gets hurt. Shook my head on both those moves.
I don't think Roger Saffold would play LT if there was an injury to G. Rob,which I hope we don't find that out.

I know J.Brown played on the Left side at Louv.,but I think Rob H. & Brown have a good understanding & feel for each other. I also think Tob Hav had a bad ankle when he moved back to RG.
Agree Wichmann played real well at RG.GR played RG against G.B. Pack & was horrible. He did settle nice at LG.

Yep we will not agree on much about Rodger. I am a true believer that you can not be a leader if you are always on the injured reserve or spending all your time on the trainers table but remaining healthy,lining up & playing. In this area Rodger has failed fully. I think that Garrett Reynolds may be the OL's best true leader, we will see.

In reference to your non belief that Rodger Saffold is Fisher's/Boudreau's real OLT back up??? .....in 2013 when OLT Jake Long tore his ACL who played in his absence? In 2014 when OLT Robinson injured his toe & could not start who started @ OLT for him? Last season when OLT Robinson fell into serious problems who did Boudreau move a few feet from him to help him manage his issues @ OLT? I think the name that you can use to answer all those OLT questions would be Rodger Saffold. When healthy Saffold can start @ all the NFL OL positions with the exception of center....he is that smart & good.

Yes Paul Boudreau did make a great discovery late last season.....Garrett Reynolds is a very good left OG...so much better left than right ..surprising. PB is 3 deep @ OLG now (GR/JB/RS) I posted this earlier this month....Jamon Brown could be a very good starting left OG. But for this season while PB has Garrett & Rodger....Brown must earn his living on the right.I believe IF PB leaves Brown @ ORG to contend with Cody Wichmann, Brown will do better this season. But do not sell Cody Wichmann short either. CW is our future starter @ ORG.