Don't know how to take this

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I just take it as he wrote it since I have moved on from the Jackson experience. While I appreciate and thank him for his efforts for the Rams, and realize that there might have been a couple 0-16 years without his play, those days are over.
I feel the team for lack of other options catered to him for too long.

The biggest offseason improvement the Rams made was letting him go, not because he was a bad player or teammate but because the team needed to move forward in a new direction.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
FWIW ,this thread is why I don't tweet, most of what you say ,you wish you hadn't

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
Yamahopper said:
I just take it as he wrote it since I have moved on from the Jackson experience. While I appreciate and thank him for his efforts for the Rams, and realize that there might have been a couple 0-16 years without his play, those days are over.
I feel the team for lack of other options catered to him for too long.

The biggest offseason improvement the Rams made was letting him go, not because he was a bad player or teammate but because the team needed to move forward in a new direction.

Yamahopper I really appreciate the Tobor the 8th Man avi.....I have an old VHS tape of a bunch of the episodes.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
That mofo was in the best shape of his life last year and looked like a heavyweight boxer in the 10th round everytime he got the ball.

Don't get me wrong I got much love for jackson for everything he did for us but damn... that was directed to us... and im just being honest about my top statement.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Is it possible he's talking about a woman?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thordaddy said:
jimitroutboy said:
Its going back the other way also.

I hear some reporter chatter this offseason. That SJ prevented Sam from exercising leadership in the huddle. that the reason all those years the Rams wouldn't bring in a #2 back of any quality was to avoid making him mad, that no other player was allowed to be the face of the franchise or leader, it goes on and on.

So keep that in mind when you see something like that from Jackson.

Jackson likes to be all inscrutably wise in his twitter feed so I just accept it on face value and try to avoid any kind of mystical insight into his life.

A Shaq wannabe ?

If all that stuff is only half true it's an indication of weak coaching.

I ALWAYS had a problem with the coaches not making him switch to left hand carry when running that way, just weak ,his stiff arm running right was devastating JMO a good coach is there to make you do it right.

That's not really a coaching mistake. Coaches differ on their opinion on switching hands. Some believe it a good idea for the reasons mentioned by you and some are against it because they feel it puts a back at risk of fumbling. Some will just tell the back to do what they're comfortable with.

That's not something I really hold against Spags's staff. Now...the horrible coaching on the OL is something that I hold against them(and all around really).

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
kILL THE FALCONS!!! They ticked me off with the whole "New Greatest Show on Turf"... thing. Get your own nickname you putzes! NOW THIS!!! Jackson was the only reason I wanted them to succeed in our stead, but now I put the putzes right behind our rivals and the Redskins on the "teams I want to lose" list.

Falcons wanting to steal our nickname just shows how much the NFL needs our high-flying Rams back.

Jackson has lost a step and gets nicked up every year, we're better off with who we got and spending the money on J. Long and Cook. We will be better without him this season. Rams are wanting to spread the ball around and were gonna reduce his touches and salary, it was time for him to go. I hope we beat them in the Playoffs so Jackson can join the infamous "great players that never won it all" list.

Am I overreacting? YES I AM!!! And I will continue to do so. He's going down! :evil:

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
There's better backs than him not in the HOF. Ottis Anderson for HOF!

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Jackson has been classy throughout the offseason. Why would we assume he's not now?

Wasn't it 2-3 weeks ago he stayed classy while talking about Bradford? I think some of us are simply reading too much into the zen of his tweet.

And I agree with most here: it was time for a change.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
CGI_Ram said:
Is it possible he's talking about a woman?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I posted that on the Herd after there was the same backlash against Jackson like there is in this thread.

Sometimes it's as some as that and my money would be on Jackson not ripping the Rams publicly no matter what. He had plenty of opportunity to do that when he was here and frankly at the time most of us would have been supportive of it back then.

Some of you guys need to pump the brakes lol.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
max said:
Slappy967 said:
I am hoping it is more of a shot at the poor coaching choices we had up until his last year here. I will take Atlantas staff over Scott Linehan and Steve "Captain Insano" Spagnuolo every day.

I still get furious over the Spags regime. That guy was a wacko who was in way over his head. He had no idea of what was going on out there. Reporters would ask him questions and he didn't even know what the score was at certain points in the game.

There were some posters on the old board I was on who defended Spags by saying he knew but was being coy. Yeah, right. Spags wasn't playing dumb. He was living dumb.

Yeah but max posters like you and I were wrong because of our politics. Not facts. It was personal and mostly came from one turd.

And look how Spagnuolo bounced back in New Orleans and acquitted himself which led to another high profile gig in the NFL. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...........once again I get to say it.......I WAS RIGHT.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
jrry32 said:
Thordaddy said:
jimitroutboy said:

I hear some reporter chatter this offseason. That SJ prevented Sam from exercising leadership in the huddle. that the reason all those years the Rams wouldn't bring in a #2 back of any quality was to avoid making him mad, that no other player was allowed to be the face of the franchise or leader, it goes on and on.

Jackson likes to be all inscrutably wise in his twitter feed so I just accept it on face value and try to avoid any kind of mystical insight into his life.

A Shaq wannabe ?

I ALWAYS had a problem with the coaches not making him switch to left hand carry when running that way, just weak ,his stiff arm running right was devastating JMO a good coach is there to make you do it right.

That's not really a coaching mistake. Coaches differ on their opinion on switching hands. Some believe it a good idea for the reasons mentioned by you and some are against it because they feel it puts a back at risk of fumbling. Some will just tell the back to do what they're comfortable with.

That's not something I really hold against Spags's staff
. Now...the horrible coaching on the OL is something that I hold against them(and all around really).

I'd say it's a minority who are willing to "let it go" and that they are pretty naive if they think a moment to switch is equal to the constant exposure coming from not putting your body between the ball and the defender when it comes to fumbling.
I don't know how many times I've seen backs go down so they won't fumble running left with the ball in their right hand ,but it's considerable.
Bad fundamentals are just bad even if they come with excuses and coaches who make excuses for bad fundamentals are not as good as they can be,just like SJ isn't as good as he could be.

It's axiomatic in sports put yourself between the puck, football,basketball, soccer ball or run a greater chance of losing it.

So in the end it's ANOTHER thing you aught to "hold against them" :ww:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
LesBaker said:
max said:
Slappy967 said:
I am hoping it is more of a shot at the poor coaching choices we had up until his last year here. I will take Atlantas staff over Scott Linehan and Steve "Captain Insano" Spagnuolo every day.

I still get furious over the Spags regime. That guy was a wacko who was in way over his head. He had no idea of what was going on out there. Reporters would ask him questions and he didn't even know what the score was at certain points in the game.

There were some posters on the old board I was on who defended Spags by saying he knew but was being coy. Yeah, right. Spags wasn't playing dumb. He was living dumb.

Yeah but max posters like you and I were wrong because of our politics. Not facts. It was personal and mostly came from one turd.

And look how Spagnuolo bounced back in New Orleans and acquitted himself which led to another high profile gig in the NFL. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...........once again I get to say it.......I WAS RIGHT.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rMV-rWaU-c[/youtube]

I like the new version

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:
jrry32 said:
Thordaddy said:
jimitroutboy said:

A Shaq wannabe ?

. Now...the horrible coaching on the OL is something that I hold against them(and all around really).

I'd say it's a minority who are willing to "let it go" and that they are pretty naive if they think a moment to switch is equal to the constant exposure coming from not putting your body between the ball and the defender when it comes to fumbling.
I don't know how many times I've seen backs go down so they won't fumble running left with the ball in their right hand ,but it's considerable.
Bad fundamentals are just bad even if they come with excuses and coaches who make excuses for bad fundamentals are not as good as they can be,just like SJ isn't as good as he could be.

It's axiomatic in sports put yourself between the puck, football,basketball, soccer ball or run a greater chance of losing it.

C'monnnnnn.

I gave some compelling reasons for the disaster that befell him and Devaney. That said, I was quite possibly wrong about his ability to build a competitive roster. I'll give you that much.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thordaddy said:
jrry32 said:
Thordaddy said:
jimitroutboy said:

A Shaq wannabe ?

I don't agree with you. The coaches on the staff I work on don't agree. They fall into the category of do what you're comfortable with. And it's not because they don't know fundamentals. When it comes to switching hands, it's a topic that there is not unanimity on among football coaches.

If there was one coach I could not/would not complain about that was on Spags's staff, it was Sylvester Croom...our HB Coach under Spags. Croom is an excellent HB Coach and really knows his stuff ESPECIALLY ball security. Look at Jackson's fumbling before Croom and after. Croom obviously was one that did not believe that switching hands should be mandatory. And I'd agree with him on that.

Now, if you want to criticize Loney, McDaniels, Shurmur, Cromwell, etc. then I am game. Plenty of issues with them.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I saw Jackson switch hands plenty, so it obviously fell under the "do what feels right" scenario.