Did my browser take me to Rams Stalk?????

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Fisher has a good friend who he has been tight with for over 20 years that is a former HC with a couple of SuperBowl rings and is currently unemployed. Mike Shanahan. 43 brought this up a few days ago, and bringing in Shanhan as OC and assistant HC would be an easy transition. Fisher and Shanhans terminology is much the same. While Fisher is considered more defensive type coach, Shanahan is more offensive minded.

rams need to get over bringing up rookie coaches who have no experience at OC. Quit trying to save a buck and out and get an experienced, successful and proven veteran OC. Mike Shanahan is out there and he's good friends with Fisher. Shanahan has forgotton more football than Boras has ever dreamed of. I have no doubt Mike could get this offense to put points on the scoreboard.

There aren't many ways that I could be convinced to keep Fisher on board after this season. But this might be one of them ... IF, and this is a big IF Fisher receives firm direction from upon high to keep his hands off the offense and away from offensive gameplanning. If Shanahan sees something against an opponent and wants to open things up and push the ball downfield, he is able to do so. No more scared coaching, no more playing it safe and playing not to lose ... the offense plays to win. I just don't know if Fisher would go for that though.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Good point 13. If there is any coach close to Fisher's experience and he respects and would give free and complete control to, it would be his friend, Mike Shanhan. I don't think Fisher would have a problem with that, especially given the success Mike Shanahan has had.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There aren't many ways that I could be convinced to keep Fisher on board after this season. But this might be one of them ... IF, and this is a big IF Fisher receives firm direction from upon high to keep his hands off the offense and away from offensive gameplanning. If Shanahan sees something against an opponent and wants to open things up and push the ball downfield, he is able to do so. No more scared coaching, no more playing it safe and playing not to lose ... the offense plays to win. I just don't know if Fisher would go for that though.

I was about to say the same thing imagine the Rams make a 40 yard play on first and 10 passing it
Jeff : erm mike .. wtf was that
ms : i saw the playing off coverage on first ran a slant to Tavon and he ran '40
Yards
Jeff: Mike ya fired .. WATERBOY .. you're
The new OC game plan is run run 2yard pass .. punt got it ? Got it ? Good

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I usually try to stay off the game say thread , but after the 4th and one call I had to see what was being said and join in .
I like the passion of you guys and understand that us fans can only stand so much of this teams below average results .
It just blows my mind how long this has gone on . Here's to better days , but it won't happen with Fisherball.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I won't quote the old insanity .. same thing Over again different result line because it's been done to a death

Right. Now in the midst of this season.. after 5 years of 4-6 after 10 games do you really believe fisher is the man to get us to the promised land ? look no one hopes more than i do that we win out and scrap the the playoffs but I'm also realist enough to know it ain't happening ... sure we will flatter Ourselves we will probably stroll into Seattle or Arizona and win or we give the niners a shellacking and most people will take your line of thinking a goo FA period and this team
Makes the playoffs ... but it'll be the same old 7-9 bs ...his coaching is fundamentally flawed
No accountability.. no creativity (and no jet sweeps and end arounds don't count ) no plan..
I think Fisher has as good a chance and probably better than anyone else based on his familiarity with the team and the work they have put in for next year. I never thought they would be making the playoffs this year because of the relocation #1 and a rookie QB #2.

Thinking my team is going to be better every year is part of being a fanatic for me.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
yes, i already noted the players now are so much better. but as many have said for awhile now the coaching philosophy stays the same and will not change. fisher likes to keep games close to a fault. there was no reason yesterdays game needed to be that close at the end. the d was all over the dolphins offense. but after the first td by the rams they pretty much shut up shop for the day and played it safe for the rest of the game. this is not how you win games in the nfl.

I don't think they intentionally shutdown the offense. I think they were playing a pretty good defense and with the weather, the penalties, Goff in there and as inept as the oline has been that was all they could do.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
It just gets frustrating watching the team keep doing the same thing over and over again and achieving the same results and the coach says he has no intention of changing. The rest of the league is flying and Fisher is still taking the train.

Exactly! Because for the past 5 years, being a Rams fan kinda feels like.....well, THIS:

giphy.gif

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Fisher has as good a chance and probably better than anyone else based on his familiarity with the team and the work they have put in for next year. I never thought they would be making the playoffs this year because of the relocation #1 and a rookie QB #2.

Thinking my team is going to be better every year is part of being a fanatic for me.
Don't get me wrong I think we would be better every year and I have done even in the spags and linehan years ... but fisher has had five years and we haven't

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
It sucks

It has sucked for 15 years

But ROD was never like this

I'm even getting drawn into it myself

I get what you're saying. Things have become significantly more negative here recently. But I respectfully disagree. The level of debate is way, way, way higher than Ramstalk. We don't attack each other here. We don't have many guys with obvious hate agenda's towards coaches or players.

What we do have is a regime in the 5th year of sucking consistently. We gave them more than enough room to rebuild and restock - I can't think of another fanbase or site that would have dealt with suckage for so long so calmly. We understood the process and trusted in the brains. But now its just become so bad and there doesn't seem much hope Fisher will ever get it together. We've given up so many picks but there appear to be so many holes. There've been the fair share of draft busts - about league average. We've invested so much but are still so far away and for the first time in a long time we don't have an arsenal of draft picks to go and give us hope we're going to pick some franchise changers....

I just think we'd lose credibility as a base to debate properly and fairly what direction we want our Rams to go in if we just stick our fingers in our ears and pretend everything is great.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Don't get me wrong I think we would be better every year and I have done even in the spags and linehan years ... but fisher has had five years and we haven't
But we will(y)

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I get what you're saying. Things have become significantly more negative here recently. But I respectfully disagree. The level of debate is way, way, way higher than Ramstalk. We don't attack each other here. We don't have many guys with obvious hate agenda's towards coaches or players.

What we do have is a regime in the 5th year of sucking consistently. We gave them more than enough room to rebuild and restock - I can't think of another fanbase or site that would have dealt with suckage for so long so calmly. We understood the process and trusted in the brains. But now its just become so bad and there doesn't seem much hope Fisher will ever get it together. We've given up so many picks but there appear to be so many holes. There've been the fair share of draft busts - about league average. We've invested so much but are still so far away and for the first time in a long time we don't have an arsenal of draft picks to go and give us hope we're going to pick some franchise changers....

I just think we'd lose credibility as a base to debate properly and fairly what direction we want our Rams to go in if we just stick our fingers in our ears and pretend everything is great.
Good to hear we are above the noise I refuse to go to that site and have not been there in over 5 years.

You don't think this team is REALLY close? Like as in getting Goff game time reps close???

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Good to hear we are above the noise I refuse to go to that site and have not been there in over 5 years.

You don't think this team is REALLY close? Like as in getting Goff game time reps close???

I'm not sure. We're badly coached. The Defense is legit - but then gives up stupidly late in the game. We had that game won when Goff scrambles for the first down ; stupid penalty. Etc etc....

Maybe we're really close. I felt that last year. I felt we were one position away. But I think we need a new starting C, RG and a LT.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But we will(y)

in all seriousness though ... fish has had five years and we haven't gotten better every year ...and sure you can point to the QB situation ,, the lack of talent ,,,the move ..whatever ....fisher still hasnt got it done

this is his team...his players..his coaching staff ...theres no bleed over from the previous coaches its his game plan and game philosophy and it isnt working the rams have to be PERFECT on defense to win games

now i like Jeff seems like a stand up guy.. id love to have a beer with him.. he is loyal (too a fault) and in this world thats becoming a rare commodity but i dont want him as our HC anymore

id rather be losing games 35-38 than 10-14 or 0-28 to the worst team in football

8-8 was my bench mark for fisher ..since the 7-9 bs statement ..right now id take 7-9