Did my browser take me to Rams Stalk?????

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
You did at Goff's performance as you're well within your rights too ... but as you say without considering the circumstances ... first start ..horrid conditions not one real route that was ran past the first down markers ....no run game to speak of .. but it's all subjective

We actually had a run game early on, when the Dolphins feared the Rams would attack the whole field. But they got wise to that in a hurry.

I don't remember many new HCs that don't want their own stamp on the team. There is a lot of talent on the Rams I wonder how many FAs would bail on a new HC??

You know how a head coach puts a stamp on a team? Winning.

Harbaugh came into SF, didn't blow things up, and largely just took the talent he was given. And in one season, his stamp was firmly on that team.

That whole "put a stamp on the team" thing by overhauling the roster is a coach putting his ego ahead of winning, and I don't want anybody like that. The Rams will be a plum job, and I'm sure they can find someone smart enough to realize he can win with THIS roster, right NOW. I don't know who that guy is, but I'm sure he's out there.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We actually had a run game early on, when the Dolphins feared the Rams would attack the whole field. But they got wise to that in a hurry.

You know how a head coach puts a stamp on a team? Winning.

Harbaugh came into SF, didn't blow things up, and largely just took the talent he was given. And in one season, his stamp was firmly on that team.

That whole "put a stamp on the team" thing by overhauling the roster is a coach putting his ego ahead of winning, and I don't want anybody like that. The Rams will be a plum job, and I'm sure they can find someone smart enough to realize he can win with THIS roster, right NOW. I don't know who that guy is, but I'm sure he's out there.
Who do you think will be doing the search if they decide to look for a new head coach? Do you think Williams sticks around? OC? Any of the staff?

I think it would be a complete flush of the staff if Fisher goes and just like with Bradford another year of learning a new offense. Except now we have a new defensive scheme too.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know they said they were not scaling back the game plan but that is not what I saw and I can believe it. I was very hopeful that Goff would come out looking like a 4 year vet, I'm a homer like that.

I don't remember many new HCs that don't want their own stamp on the team. There is a lot of talent on the Rams I wonder how many FAs would bail on a new HC??

I know it isn't popular but I honestly believe next year and the year after with the same staff and retaining their FAs ad this team will be a monster.

Just goes to show you can't trust what fisher says ;)

As for the new HC and free agents thing .. how long is Donald going to hang around and possibly he know as the best DT to ever play the game and not win a Super Bowl .. Gurley looks he is about to slit his wrists with this shitty play .. JJ left town because he got offered big money but I suspect he wanted
To go
Play for a winner as well .. new HC new philosophy wins everyone stays

How many times how you thought that about fishers regime one FA period one more draft same old shitty undisplinced 7-9 bullshit

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Just goes to show you can't trust what fisher says ;)

As for the new HC and free agents thing .. how long is Donald going to hang around and possibly he know as the best DT to ever play the game and not win a Super Bowl .. Gurley looks he is about to slit his wrists with this crappy play .. JJ left town because he got offered big money but I suspect he wanted
To go
Play for a winner as well .. new HC new philosophy wins everyone stays

How many times how you thought that about fishers regime one FA period one more draft same old crappy undisplinced 7-9 bullcrap
Honestly I only felt like that last year, the two previous I had no expectations that they could do anything after Bradford went down.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I wish everyone could be a mod here for a week. It's something like this...

SisyphusGif.gif

Mods like playing with balls?:rimshot:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Who do you think will be doing the search if they decide to look for a new head coach? Do you think Williams sticks around? OC? Any of the staff?

I think it would be a complete flush of the staff if Fisher goes and just like with Bradford another year of learning a new offense. Except now we have a new defensive scheme too.

I'm sure Demoff will be involved, and if Snead is retained he will be involved as well.

As far as a complete flush of the staff, John Harbaugh kept Rex Ryan and most of the defensive staff around when he was hired by Baltimore, so it's not unheard of.

And as far as learning a new offense goes, it doesn't have to take a long time to learn it. The Rams were in their first year of the Martz offense when they exploded in '99. Part of the reason they were good so fast is that they had a guy who knew how to teach it.

All that being said, while I don't know what's going to happen, I wouldn't let fear of change cause us to retain Fisher. I think after 5 years we know exactly what he's about with regard to offense, and it's also painfully clear that's the unit that is holding this team back from being a winner, despite having enough talent to at least be average. I have far more fear of him staying than I do of what happens if he goes.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know it isn't popular but I honestly believe next year and the year after with the same staff and retaining their FAs ad this team will be a monster.

oh man, where to begin? please tell me what you are seeing that brings this hope to you. to me they look exactly the same as they did in 2012. same offensive output, same game flow, same bonehead mistakes, same undisciplined play. the only difference is the players are so much better then the 2012 model. yet the same results, the same record, the same excuses, the same head coach. the only constant is the hc. yet it all looks the same.

what makes you think it's gonna suddenly change?

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly I only felt like that last year, the two previous I had no expectations that they could do anything after Bradford went down.
I won't quote the old insanity .. same thing Over again different result line because it's been done to a death

Right. Now in the midst of this season.. after 5 years of 4-6 after 10 games do you really believe fisher is the man to get us to the promised land ? look no one hopes more than i do that we win out and scrap the the playoffs but I'm also realist enough to know it ain't happening ... sure we will flatter Ourselves we will probably stroll into Seattle or Arizona and win or we give the niners a shellacking and most people will take your line of thinking a goo FA period and this team
Makes the playoffs ... but it'll be the same old 7-9 bs ...his coaching is fundamentally flawed
No accountability.. no creativity (and no jet sweeps and end arounds don't count ) no plan..

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I won't quote the old insanity .. same thing Over again different result line because it's been done to a death

Right. Now in the midst of this season.. after 5 years of 4-6 after 10 games do you really believe fisher is the man to get us to the promised land ? look no one hopes more than i do that we win out and scrap the the playoffs but I'm also realist enough to know it ain't happening ... sure we will flatter Ourselves we will probably stroll into Seattle or Arizona and win or we give the niners a shellacking and most people will take your line of thinking a goo FA period and this team
Makes the playoffs ... but it'll be the same old 7-9 bs ...his coaching is fundamentally flawed
No accountability.. no creativity (and no jet sweeps and end arounds don't count ) no plan..

haha, we pretty much said the same thing at the same time. great minds think alike or all dullards have the same thoughts?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

I'm as big of a homer as anyone on this site but even I don't believe that.

roflbot.jpg

roflbot.jpg

58336ee0235a7153407235.gif

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
oh man, where to begin? please tell me what you are seeing that brings this hope to you. to me they look exactly the same as they did in 2012. same offensive output, same game flow, same bonehead mistakes, same undisciplined play. the only difference is the players are so much better then the 2012 model. yet the same results, the same record, the same excuses, the same head coach. the only constant is the hc. yet it all looks the same.

what makes you think it's gonna suddenly change?

First thing I see is way more talent, not even close and it's on both sides of the ball. Goff, Gurley, and some of the oter young guys getting more PT and figuring out how to make some progress. Theoline will hopefully be marginally better, it won't take much with Goff and Gurley and I think Goff will make the WR TE crew that much better.

That along with the Defense and ST and being settled for a year in LA will go a long ways toward jumping up in 2017.

I never bought in to "the move won't affect them". And switching to a new QB and trying to figure out a new year with Groh helping at OC. There were bound to be problems and there were.

They are close and blowing it up will only prolong our agony.

Ram65

Legend
The fire Fisher at the the end of many posts has gotten old. By now at least I get (most should get) that the Fisher/Boras offense is boring and bad. I just post as much. I do likes and such thought. Losing games like yesterday are taking their toll.I still enjoy others insights as to what they saw on the field, win or lose.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First thing I see is way more talent, not even close and it's on both sides of the ball. Goff, Gurley, and some of the oter young guys getting more PT and figuring out how to make some progress. Theoline will hopefully be marginally better, it won't take much with Goff and Gurley and I think Goff will make the WR TE crew that much better.

That along with the Defense and ST and being settled for a year in LA will go a long ways toward jumping up in 2017.

I never bought in to "the move won't affect them". And switching to a new QB and trying to figure out a new year with Groh helping at OC. There were bound to be problems and there were.

yes, i already noted the players now are so much better. but as many have said for awhile now the coaching philosophy stays the same and will not change. fisher likes to keep games close to a fault. there was no reason yesterdays game needed to be that close at the end. the d was all over the dolphins offense. but after the first td by the rams they pretty much shut up shop for the day and played it safe for the rest of the game. this is not how you win games in the nfl.

as we have seen multiple times this is how you lose games in the nfl. from all the same type of hcs throughout the years - marty schottenheimer, herm edwards, jeff fisher, spags, etc. in fact yesterdays game reminded me so much of a couple of games spags coached in 2010 - the whiner game and the bucs game. got to an early small lead then refused to move the ball after that and rely on the d to win it only to lose in the last minute of play.

there's no reason to blow up this team. the talent is there. just get a coach who has a winning philosophy and can make the team play disciplined football.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

You keep assuming that changing head coaches = blowing it up. I think that's a faulty assumption, or highly premature at best.

Harbaugh didn't blow up the 49ers when he took over, he looked over a talented roster, coached them better, and put them in the NFC championship game the first year.

Jon Gruden didn't blow up the Buc when he took over. He inherited a team not unlike the Rams - stellar D, terrible O. He made the O into an average O while retaining the D as is. Result? Super Bowl.

The point being, there are examples of coaches taking over teams that are ready to win, fixing only the part needing to be fixed, and having significant success in their first year.

tbux

Rookie
I'm sure some of that is true, I was just hoping it would be kicked tot he curb and sent to other sites that have that mentality

I'm on one of those other sites- exhausting- about to go full go here. Every post is fire Fisher, this player sucks- etc etc. all day every day.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You keep assuming that changing head coaches = blowing it up. I think that's a faulty assumption, or highly premature at best.

Harbaugh didn't blow up the 49ers when he took over, he looked over a talented roster, coached them better, and put them in the NFC championship game the first year.

Jon Gruden didn't blow up the Buc when he took over. He inherited a team not unlike the Rams - stellar D, terrible O. He made the O into an average O while retaining the D as is. Result? Super Bowl.

The point being, there are examples of coaches taking over teams that are ready to win, fixing only the part needing to be fixed, and having significant success in their first year.
Teams with solid foundations don't need to be blown up
I'm with you, I don't see how if the Rams change HC they are doomed to some rebuild.
The Rams have some players who will be FA. And regardless to the HC situation, money will dictate if they stay or go...

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Fisher has a good friend who he has been tight with for over 20 years that is a former HC with a couple of SuperBowl rings and is currently unemployed. Mike Shanahan. 43 brought this up a few days ago, and bringing in Shanhan as OC and assistant HC would be an easy transition. Fisher and Shanhans terminology is much the same. While Fisher is considered more defensive type coach, Shanahan is more offensive minded.

rams need to get over bringing up rookie coaches who have no experience at OC. Quit trying to save a buck and out and get an experienced, successful and proven veteran OC. Mike Shanahan is out there and he's good friends with Fisher. Shanahan has forgotton more football than Boras has ever dreamed of. I have no doubt Mike could get this offense to put points on the scoreboard.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I have no doubt Mike could get this offense to put points on the scoreboard.

We'd be above .500 with a Martz offense installed. No question we'd have gotten the points to win this one and 2-3 others.

But... it's not happening with Martz, so I don't put much thought into that as a solution. But... something like that (a results proven playbook, ala Shannahan) would flip this team quickly. I'm just not certain Fisher sees the problem here. If he does, then I have a different concern.