Did anyone see this???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
If it sticks and is true, you still like him?

I'll still enjoy watching what he did on a football field, but I will have lost a lot of respect for him as a person. I understand no one is perfect, but it's not that hard to understand personal boundaries and how to treat others with respect.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
This whole sexual harassment thing lately is going to change the culture of the entertainment businesses everywhere. I suppose you have to break something down before you can build it back to something better.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I will still like Faulk.

I dont know the guy. I never liked the guy. I know the player. The player is one of the best I have ever seen.

Sexual harassment is not ok. Period. I wont make any excuses.
If I become aware of facts that place him in the category of rapist or serial offender or physically threatening... thats different.

Inappropriate sex freak? I already kind of assumed that lol.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hate seeing Faulk named, but Evans makes me smile. I detest that dude.

What I don't like is that she was terminated due to stealing. Have no idea what occurred but that sort of thing always makes it look like a revenge type motivation.

I have some girls so I'm of course all for this movement. They just have to make sure the allegations are legit.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The famous “holier than thou” crowd here at ROD will be interesting to read their torch and pitch fork posts on this subject.

Please tell me more about this "holier than thou" crowd here at ROD that you speak of.

Psycho_X

Legend
Please tell me more about this "holier than thou" crowd here at ROD that you speak of.

giphy.gif

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Did she dress like a ho at work and flirt, but not like it when these guys crossed to touching?

Dress provocatively, with tight fitting clothes, flirt, feign interest, get a guy to make his move, and let it go on enough to have solid evidence and POW! Millions! and the woman doesn't even have to have sex. This case is too far fetched for me to believe it was anything else.

It's 2017 Elmgrove..........that "argument" has been dead for decades.

I tend to look at each situation individually and while I don't conclude innocence or guilt much of the time, sometimes I do.

It's an uncomfortable position for a woman to be in, and most don't say anything until they leave a position/company or they say nothing at all. Often out of fear of losing their job. As a guy it's very difficult to understand the embarrassment and stress, however just look at the attitudes some of you guys are displaying and how the general public is similar..........since this board is a cross section of the general public. See what I mean?

Several days ago I watched a video of Katie Couric talking about Matt Lauer in an interview. The guy asked her several questions about working with him, one was what she didn't like about working with him. Her response was that he pinched her butt a lot. The guy conducting the interview sort of giggled and if you watch her face you can see she is not happy, yet not shocked, by his response. He checked himself, but the dismissive vibe was already out there.

It's important to note that most rapes and cases or sexual harassment never get reported because women fear that they won't be believed or have their style of dress called into question ("you were asking for it") or worse. I have heard from female friends about inappropriate remarks etc they had to put up with in their lives. Generally their attitudes are "why bother" when it comes to speaking out.

I work with a woman who is now 70, and when she was younger she was very attractive. When this all started bursting on the scene we talked about it and she is happy that women are coming forward. She has had inappropriate comments and gestures directed at her over many years at work, in bars, in college, in grocery stores and everywhere else. Because of the times she grew up in she just lived with it because of the chauvinistic attitude of that era.

Keep in mind most of the times, the large majority in fact, that women speak up they are telling the truth. Just look at how many people have been accused lately and that almost all of them have admitted it. It isn't a case of guilty until proven innocent. If accusations are levied they are almost always true.

Things are changing, and it's about fucking time.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Unless you plan to marry her, "Don't dip your pen in the company ink."

Don't even look at the ink.

Ellard80

Legend
Here are the specifics... if true... then yeah none of them are getting a job in TV again.

http://heavy.com/sports/2017/12/jami-cantor-nfl-network-sexual-harassment-weinberger-faulk/

One thing I will say - and it plays into this. A lot of NFL and college football players are used to having women throw themselves at them and do whatever they say. I have witnessed this personally in college and about 10 years ago saw an NFL example of it.

A lot of these guys do not have the best perspective when it comes to dealing with women - they don't live in reality.

They are finito if this stuff is true.

A55VA6

Legend
This will end with a payoff of the woman. She will get a few million. Eventually the rule will be that men and women won't be working together in big corporations. The risk is too high. The template is an easy one to follow. Dress provocatively, with tight fitting clothes, flirt, feign interest, get a guy to make his move, and let it go on enough to have solid evidence and POW! Millions! and the woman doesn't even have to have sex. This case is too far fetched for me to believe it was anything else.

Yep.

I'd say nearly 50% of women accusing these men are full of bullshit and just want the attention and money.

I heard one case where the lady willingly took her clothes off and began in consensual sex and now she's accusing him of sexual assault. Give me a fucking break. I'm sorry but I have a hard time believing a lot of these women. Maybe SOME of what they say is true, but I think they lie about way too much.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
The famous “holier than thou” crowd here at ROD will be interesting to read their torch and pitch fork posts on this subject.
I don’t know Corbin. I’ve read some pretty thoughtful responses. I get what you’re saying. None of us can moralize about this. I’ve done some horrible things in my life.

Famous and successful people need to be smart. You are prey to those who seek money and attention.

My nephew plays college football and has had some noteriety. He has girls throwing themselves at him left and right. He actually grew a beard to keep them away! (Can’t say I would have done that.:whistle: ) it didn’t work. My hats off to him. That 22 year old is being wise. But he knows he could slip and be foolish at any time. Many are not so wise.

For good or bad. Girls are the aggressors these days in many cases.

The things she claims happened are beyond harassment. I wonder why all four single her out. Did she provoke it to be able to use them and NFL Network? Did she dress like a ho at work and flirt, but not like it when these guys crossed to touching? Or, is she just a knockout that everyone has trouble resisting?

It really sounds fishy that four different guys were bold enough with her to be telling her they are hard for her and want to have sex, put their hands down her pants, fondle her breasts, and whip their junk out in front of her. These things aren't normal office harassment, especially when four separate guys do the same stuff. It is easier to believe one guy crossing those lines. And everyone feels the water first. I can't believe they jumped right in not knowing it is warm.

This will end with a payoff of the woman. She will get a few million. Eventually the rule will be that men and women won't be working together in big corporations. The risk is too high. The template is an easy one to follow. Dress provocatively, with tight fitting clothes, flirt, feign interest, get a guy to make his move, and let it go on enough to have solid evidence and POW! Millions! and the woman doesn't even have to have sex. This case is too far fetched for me to believe it was anything else.

Good post

Sounds like she's describing a pattern of behavior that took place over her entire time there. Now that she's left the company, she's making noise about it.

How anyone can come down on one side or the other on these cases without being physically present in court has always baffled me. Nobody here has any freaking clue what went on, so conjecture is utterly pointless.
true. But analyzing facts in evidence is not pointless.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't look good for Faulk . It's already out there so most people will believe it whether he's guilty or not .
Good riddance to Evans and Taylor .

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here are the specifics... if true... then yeah none of them are getting a job in TV again.

http://heavy.com/sports/2017/12/jami-cantor-nfl-network-sexual-harassment-weinberger-faulk/

One thing I will say - and it plays into this. A lot of NFL and college football players are used to having women throw themselves at them and do whatever they say. I have witnessed this personally in college and about 10 years ago saw an NFL example of it.

A lot of these guys do not have the best perspective when it comes to dealing with women - they don't live in reality.

They are finito if this stuff is true.
Well, I don't know if this reporting stuff has any merit.

But it'll all come out in court, or a settlement (in which case, the company will fire them).

Bottom line: If you don't see them come back on air after the court date, they are toast and I - for one - will consider them guilty as charged and want nothing to do with them... regardless of whether they were a Ram or whether they played a sport well or not.

Sorry, step over that line... sexually abuse another human being... and you are dead to me. Being a gifted athlete does not trump being a sexual predator.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Cute.

The stories say she received videos from some of these guys and explicit texts.

Now, they're suspended.

Think she may have some pretty good evidence?

Holier Than Thou signing out.
I think the holier than thou part is the blood lust for these guys to go down. We don’t know the circumstances. Sex is a pretty powerful thing. We all have to be careful.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'd say nearly 50% of women accusing these men are full of bullcrap and just want the attention and money.

You're off by miles my friend......look at the recent events. These men are admitting wrongdoing and nobody is cashing checks.

You're attitude is why women don't come forward like they should. The embarrassment and then having to deal with wrongheaded attitudes is often simply not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.