Detroit signs Jared Goff to 4 year $212M extension $170M guaranteed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Confused yes
If you had read my post that's exactly what I said.
The Rams traded Goff and gave up a ton for a reason, and
the reason is quite clear. Goff can only be a SB winning QB with the perfect team around him
He is a tier 2 or 3 QB where Stafford is a tier 1.
The reason for my post was that after all this time why are we are
we still posting Goff threads as if he is a Ram.
He is a x Ram who was average.

nothing to back it up. It's laughable.

there's no narrative. Just facts

What's really laughable is that Mcvay and Snead gave up a FORTUNE to GET RID OF goff. Why????
For all the reasons I have pointed out.
But I guess you guys Think you are smarter than McVay and Snead put together.
Your remarks certainly imply it.

The trade itself backs up Everything I'm saying.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Go to 3:08 in this game clip..
Show me ONE THROW Goff makes that's close to this difficult when you factor in the pressure.
Go to 5:10 and show me one throw Goff makes that beats coverage as tight as in that play.
Or the throw to Nacua at 10:10

Goff's one TD in that Game he had four seconds to throw from the one yard line.

How about remembering this play.. which epitomizes the criticism many have of him when there's pressure...
  • 1st & 10 at DET 36​

(3:27 - 2nd) J.Goff sacked at DET 26 for -10 yards (E.Jones). FUMBLES (E.Jones) [E.Jones], recovered by DET-B.Wright at DET 21. B.Wright to DET 21 for no gain (B.Young).
Do you remember the play? He actually threw it backward and completely lucked out that the Lions recovered? Guess what we're talking about if that ball bounced a little differently on that play?

Here's the clip with the highlights I mentioned.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvoQpoy9Zv4

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
If you had read my post that's exactly what I said.
The Rams traded Goff and gave up a ton for a reason, and
the reason is quite clear. Goff can only be a SB winning QB with the perfect team around him
He is a tier 2 or 3 QB where Stafford is a tier 1.
The reason for my post was that after all this time why are we are
we still posting Goff threads as if he is a Ram.
He is a x Ram who was average.

there's no narrative. Just facts

What's really laughable is that Mcvay and Snead gave up a FORTUNE to GET RID OF goff. Why????
For all the reasons I have pointed out.
But I guess you guys Think you are smarter than McVay and Snead put together.
Your remarks certainly imply it.

The trade itself backs up Everything I'm saying.
And the RESULT of the trade.. Winning the Super Bowl.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Go to 3:08 in this game clip..
Show me ONE THROW Goff makes that's close to this difficult when you factor in the pressure.
Go to 5:10 and show me one throw Goff makes that beats coverage as tight as in that play.
Or the throw to Nacua at 10:10

Goff's one TD in that Game he had four seconds to throw from the one yard line.

How about remembering this play.. which epitomizes the criticism many have of him when there's pressure...
  • 1st & 10 at DET 36​

(3:27 - 2nd) J.Goff sacked at DET 26 for -10 yards (E.Jones). FUMBLES (E.Jones) [E.Jones], recovered by DET-B.Wright at DET 21. B.Wright to DET 21 for no gain (B.Young).
Do you remember the play? He actually threw it backward and completely lucked out that the Lions recovered? Guess what we're talking about if that ball bounced a little differently on that play?

Here's the clip with the highlights I mentioned.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvoQpoy9Zv4

Who won and went 3-3 in the rz? Everything else is irrelevant

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Who won and went 3-3 in the rz? Everything else is irrelevant
No, it's not irrelevant.
The fact that you don't understand football and quarterback play is very relevant.

You're going to retreat to that because, you know what? You won't find any plays like that from Goff. And you won't acknowledge the play where he could have given the game away. You know.. the actual plays by the quarterbacks.

Stafford threw more TDs.. that's the QB, by the way.

But.. again.. find me those plays. Happy to acknowledge them if you can find them.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
If you don't remember that the Lions RAN THE BALL inside the 10, as the Rams should have, it could've easily been different.
Why did McVay do that? I don't know.. but it was clearly a mistake.

Did you watch the game?

The Lions have the first or second best line in the NFL.. watch the game. Watch what the pockets look like for the respective QBs.
Yeaa...after goff threw all over us to get there.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Nonsense.
And.. again... his one TD? From the one yard line with 4 seconds to throw.

It's a simple request.. look at those highlights.. find me the plays he makes that are as good or better than the plays Stafford makes.

You won't because you can't. And that's because Stafford makes plays that Goff never could.
That's not shitting on Goff, it's pointing out that Stafford is simply BETTER.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
No, it's not irrelevant.
The fact that you don't understand football and quarterback play is very relevant.

You're going to retreat to that because, you know what? You won't find any plays like that from Goff. And you won't acknowledge the play where he could have given the game away. You know.. the actual plays by the quarterbacks.

Stafford threw more TDs.. that's the QB, by the way.

But.. again.. find me those plays. Happy to acknowledge them if you can find them.
Who cares about splash plays? Who won? When it absolutely mattered goff was better point blank period hence why we lost. It was a 1 point gm and If we truly had the better qwb like you claim we win that gm easily. You wanna cherry pick plays..ok. In the rz Stafford didn't realize a safety was coming on blitz and instead of just taking the sack he threw it up and it almost got picked which would've took away 3 points...that happened.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Stafford threw for almost a hundred more yards and one more TD.

And he didn't have any "trip on his own dick" plays like Goff had that would've been catastrophic if the ball took a different bounce.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Who cares about splash plays? Who won? When it absolutely mattered goff was better point blank period hence why we lost. It was a 1 point gm and If we truly had the better qwb like you claim we win that gm easily. You wanna cherry pick plays..ok. In the rz Stafford didn't realize a safety was coming on blitz and instead of just taking the sack he threw it up and it almost got picked which would've took away 3 points...that happened.
No, he wasn't.

Again.. go find me the plays.

Oh.. the play you described here? Goff had one almost exactly like it on the clip I put up. And that's not close to his worst play of the day.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Nonsense.
And.. again... his one TD? From the one yard line with 4 seconds to throw.

It's a simple request.. look at those highlights.. find me the plays he makes that are as good or better than the plays Stafford makes.

You won't because you can't. And that's because Stafford makes plays that Goff never could.
That's not shitting on Goff, it's pointing out that Stafford is simply BETTER.
Lmao Stafford makes plays brady never could so you saying he's better than brady? What are we talking about here. Again who won the damn gm and went 3-3 in the rz? Why couldn't Stafford do that if he's better? He had the same amount of chances and the lions secondary is complete trash so what's the excuse? 4 seconds to throw...yea dude don't be delusional. He had 2.5 at best and only 1 read and made a throw. Stafford couldn't do that because he didn't do that.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Stafford threw for almost a hundred more yards and one more TD.

And he didn't have any "trip on his own dick" plays like Goff had that would've been catastrophic if the ball took a different bounce.
Yea elite between the 20s and choked in the rz....I muched rather he had a goff like gm and won vs what he displayed. He absolutely did...in the rz. Lions just didn't catch it.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Lmao Stafford makes plays brady never could so you saying he's better than brady? What are we talking about here. Again who won the damn gm and went 3-3 in the rz? Why couldn't Stafford do that if he's better? He had the same amount of chances and the lions secondary is complete trash so what's the excuse? 4 seconds to throw...yea dude don't be delusional. He had 2.5 at best and only 1 read and made a throw. Stafford couldn't do that because he didn't do that.
We're talking about who's a better QB.
You don't want to acknowledge it, it's fine.. I understand that you're completely beaten on this point and want to retreat to.. "scoreboard.. my Lions won!".. but you won't acknowledge that Stafford is the better QB.

It's okay precious. Nigh nigh.

I'm sorry.. Goff had a three count.. with no one even close to him.

Shocker you won't talk about the Goff backward pass disaster.. which is exactly the kind of play Goff critics discuss.. the game-killing plays. Didn't happen then.. again.. simply got lucky the ball didn't bounce differently.. but it was a DISASTER play by the QB.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yea elite between the 20s and choked in the rz....I muched rather he had a goff like gm and won vs what he displayed. He absolutely did...in the rz. Lions just didn't catch it.
Who threw for more TDs. You know.. QB plays?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
And I guess.. based on the argument here.. that the Goff Stans think that Purdy is better than Jared?

The 9ers won, right?

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
We're talking about who's a better QB.
You don't want to acknowledge it, it's fine.. I understand that you're completely beaten on this point and want to retreat to.. "scoreboard.. my Lions won!".. but you won't acknowledge that Stafford is the better QB.

It's okay precious. Nigh nigh.

I'm sorry.. Goff had a three count.. with no one even close to him.

Shocker you won't talk about the Goff backward pass disaster.. which is exactly the kind of play Goff critics discuss.. the game-killing plays. Didn't happen then.. again.. simply got lucky the ball didn't bounce differently.. but it was a DISASTER play by the QB.
Obviously not since the dude still won. I don't need to acknowledge anything. He's better. The numbers show it the results show it, and when both teams played 1 qb made the plays to win while the other didn't. I don't need to go back 3 years to make a point. I don't need to cherry pick plays to fit my narrative like you obviously do. You wanna know when I know a poster has nothing? When they try to discredit my Fandom. Like I haven't been here since 2014 and been rooting for the rams much longer than that. Completely childish. But that's what I expect from you ppl like you.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Obviously not since the dude still won. I don't need to acknowledge anything. He's better. The numbers show it the results show it, and when both teams played 1 qb made the plays to win while the other didn't. I don't need to go back 3 years to make a point. I don't need to cherry pick plays to fit my narrative like you obviously do. You wanna know when I know a poster has nothing? When they try to discredit my Fandom. Like I haven't been here since 2014 and been rooting for the rams much longer than that. Completely childish. But that's what I expect from you ppl like you.
So… yep.. you think Purdy is better than Goff.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
So… yep.. you think Purdy is better than Goff.
Purdy is a damn good qb but I wouldn't put him over Goff or Stafford rn. Both of them are asked to do way more than purdy. Lurdy barley even throws. Purdy has a better team than both the lions and the rams.

Status
Not open for further replies.